• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
How is Windows phone supposed to compete with android for folks that like to pirate music and movies....on their phones? Someone was asking me for an app to download mp3's from the web and have it show up in the Zune hub (Lumia 900). They were upset because they had an app on android that allowed them to do that. I had a blank look on my face. I didn't know how to tell them that I don't pirate music therefore I have no idea if there was such an app on windows phone. I hope there isn't, and I run into people who want an iPhone or android phone because they can easily hack it and play pirated software. I don't even know if that's something easy to do on windows phone, but it sucks that people are stealing 99 cent games.

PG2G

So, don't judge me for it... but I have intended to write that app and will probably do so as soon as I have a computer that can run the emulator. It is kind of annoying that nobody has done it yet :p

It isn't really a pirating thing for me. With hip hop music there is a lot of stuff that artists themselves post and that you might not find in the Xbox Music/iTunes store.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
It isn't really a pirating thing for me. With hip hop music there is a lot of stuff that artists themselves post and that you might not find in the Xbox Music/iTunes store.

That's understandable, but I'm pretty sure many of the folks that use the app wont be so noble. I'm assuming there is some sort of OS limitation if it hasn't been done yet, though? There are apps that allow you to download mp3's already, but you can't see them in Zune/xbox music you have to play it inside the app.

don't even need an app for that on Android, you can just use a web browser.

and yeah, with hip-hop and dancehall there's always a ton of free and legal content being released by artists!

and there's also OCRemix!

PG2G

WP8 added a Save to Library function for audio, so it should be possible. Maybe there is something else preventing it though

hadareud

The Translator
Just got an invite to the closed beta for the official Tapatalk app.

Very similar to Foroplex and buggy, but it's ours. Lets see if the dev can do something decent with it.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Me!

I will care!

...If it was MLB at bat
yeah me too. We won't be getting it though. We will get some stupid application that replaces a perfectly functional website that no one needs or some social app of the month that i don't give a shit about.

MLB At Bat is pretty awesome. For a flat fee of $15, I can listen to every baseball game (out of market) that I can handle. It was worth it to me the past 2 years just to listen to the occasional Giants game and recall my childhood.

Windu

I just want a way to listen to mlb games, i switched to wp because it covered all my needs, and then it turns out mlb said fuck it, we won't release an app this year even though all they needed to do was update the calendar and rename it to 13.

MLB actually changed the app a lot this year. They merged At Bat Lite and At Bat, you download At Bat for free and pay $15 inside the app now to access the full At Bat features. Does WP8 support in-app payments? If not, then that's why.

clav

Just stopping in and saying the gaming section has gone into rampancy.

What's with the influx of juniors and troll responses?

I feel like I'm in GameFAQs.

Windu

Just stopping in and saying the gaming section has gone into rampancy.

What's with the influx of juniors and troll responses?

I feel like I'm in GameFAQs.
It has really gotten embarrassing. Not sure if it has been that way for awhile though, only recently started posting over there again when the new console stuff came about.

clav

It has really gotten embarrassing. Not sure if it has been that way for awhile though, only recently started posting over there again when the new console stuff came about.

I think the people have always been there. They just started posting more recently.

frontieruk

But the wave of bannings during E3 will be glorious, and yes they've been around for a while the new console war has brought them out the woodwork

But the wave of bannings during E3 will be glorious, and yes they've been around for a while the new console war has brought them out the woodwork

Bish cleansed about 20 people from one of the Game of Thrones threads a couple days ago.

Yeah Gaming side as a whole is a disaster, I can't tell if it's just E3/New Console timeframe stuff or if it's just getting worse.

I'm still waiting for the glorious reveal Bish promised while doing his research on interesting domains that certain recently vocal members on Gaming side have been posting from.

stktt

Banned
I can't even open a One/U/PS4 related thread without seeing a deluge of petulant console warrior posts. These past few months on the Gaming side have been awful.

Anyone else interested to see what Apple cooks up next week?

I need to fix my third monitor before monday, or I won't be able to follow the MS and Apple conference at the same time, while hanging out at SteamGAF (because we all now that NeoGAF's going down anyway and that the conference threads suck)!

Nero3000

http://pocketnow.com/2013/06/05/8-reasons-lumia-521-is-better-gs4

Do I misremember pocketnow as being more than a string of clickbait articles?

They were pretty good. Although they've fallen off a cliff recently.

Their article comparing Gate's comments about ipads lacking keyboards/productivity to Windows Phone's lack of keyboard options was the breaking point from me.

Havn't visited their site since.

WMPU is close too, but i feel they cover all the small points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom