• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll stop updating if you don't open them at least once every two weeks.

Also, their background notification code may be really terrible where they don't update it everytime you open the app (Basically reset the timer to 2 weeks).

hwalker84

Haha, why did you reset it? Van's experience just a day or two ago has me scared to do it unless absolutely necessary.

Got the extras+info update and instead of getting the call+SMS block I got this

wp_ss_20130808_0001.png

Milchjon

new feature in the #6tagram : rich media! When you post a picture, you can save it automatically to the camera roll but it's not all when you browse your camera roll picture with the native app,click on "open with 6tagram" and it will display comments, likes, etc..

#RudyDaGod

Edit: Haha

hwalker84

Phone came back alive after I pulled the sim and let it die. Some sort of progress meter would be appreciated!!! It only took over 5 hours!

They'll stop updating if you don't open them at least once every two weeks.

Also, their background notification code may be really terrible where they don't update it everytime you open the app (Basically reset the timer to 2 weeks).

Alright, I opened them up and they are updating again. Lets see if they stay that way.

did you guys not sign up for the beta? i did and even though i never got a reply saying i was in, i've been checking every day to see if it installs. lucky me.

$200

Banned
So I've been thinking about finally getting a smart phone since my old Sony Ericsson W550i has been slowly dying. For personal reason I'm going to get one with WP8.

At first I looked at the Lumia 720, it's basic and cheaper (~$300 on Amazon) and has decent reviews. But the more popular Lumia 920 is only about $100 more. I'm not in any contract by the way.

So between the two, which do you guys recommend, or something other than these two? I only use my phone for calling and receiving. Apps I don't care much except for GPS. OS has to be fast, and screen has to be big enough for my chunky fingers.

I'd suggest getting a 920 from ebay or craigslist. You can find it much cheaper there. I'm saying that, because the device is almost a year old and not worth $400 anymore. I got my yellow 920 for 260, for example. There'll also be completely new phones available in two months, you might want to wait for those.

Heretic

So I just saw this thread on gaming side, apparently the OLED screen on the Vita makes it hard to see the screen outside.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648327

Don't the 925 and 1020 have an OLED screen? How do those phone work outside during the sunlight? I use my phone outside a lot, so this would be a huge annoying problem if the screen was basically invisible outside.

Can't speak for those but I love the auto brightness on my 920. It works extremely well.

So I just saw this thread on gaming side, apparently the OLED screen on the Vita makes it hard to see the screen outside.

Don't the 925 and 1020 have an OLED screen? How do those phone work outside during the sunlight? I use my phone outside a lot, so this would be a huge annoying problem if the screen was basically invisible outside.

Nokia has a special mode for sunlight reading. At least it's on the 920 (which has an IPS screen). I had a Galaxy Nexus for a year and I'd say general I'd say it's not that bad on phones. But I'm not a fan of OLED for other reasons.

Milchjon

Never had any real problems with the 800, which also has an OLED screen.

Lucius86

Banned
Any other app developers not getting up-to-date download numbers using the DevCenter or through the web site? 2nd day in a row now, rather annoying.

JaggedSac

Can't speak for those but I love the auto brightness on my 920. It works extremely well.

I've been meaning to make this point on here but keep forgetting. I've had probably 4 smartphones and the 1020 is the first one I have owned that the automatic light adjustment stuff actually works.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Honestly I could not see shit on my 920 in the sunlight, same as always.

Did you not have the readability mode set up? Its a high contrast deal that kicks in outdoors. I live on a frickin tropical island so I find your claim hard to believe. I'll take a pic of my screen in the bright blazing sun if you don't believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom