• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say, I've found the new Bing apps to be useful. Only wish the sport and weather apps had the largest size live tiles.

Edit: turns out the sport app does have a large tile, just not the team specific tiles.

Milchjon

Looking from Andrew Kim's posts on MinimallyMinimal, being a designer at MS must pay pretty well...

And to think the dude is only 22. BRB, jumping off the balcony.

derFeef

Amazon is great, the 920 I sent back is already in the buy used list (noted with "display blemish"). Ah well... no idea if I should wait for the 1020 now or not.

Just bought a Nokia 928. Since this wasn't in the OT, I figured I'd ask here: what are the go-to apps for Windows Phone? Anything I wouldn't know about without someone telling me?

Milchjon

If I understand Rudy's tweets correctly, Instagram flags accounts using 3rd party apps as suspicious and your pics don't show up when you search for a hashtag. Apparently this goes away about 7 days after you log out, but because Instance and Instagraph don't handle the logout process properly, anyone who used those will have their account flagged indefinitely.

Bummer.

hwalker84

If I understand Rudy's tweets correctly, Instagram flags accounts using 3rd party apps as suspicious and your pics don't show up when you search for a hashtag. Apparently this goes away about 7 days after you log out, but because Instance and Instagraph don't handle the logout process properly, anyone who used those will have their account flagged indefinitely.

Bummer.

That's what it seemed like to me but there was to many damn tweets to fully decipher.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I would like to test my instagram hashtags, but my POS asus transformer can't download instagram. It says "invalid package file" when it tries to finish installing.

PG2G

Looks like the USB port on my Lumia 920 is shot. Thank god for wireless charging?

Unfortunately it also means I can't transfer files anymore :/

Troll

Banned
Looks like the USB port on my Lumia 920 is shot. Thank god for wireless charging?

Unfortunately it also means I can't transfer files anymore :/

Maybe you can just upload the file to Skydrive/Cloud Storage and download it to your PC? I know it's not perfect but it's something.

PG2G

Maybe you can just upload the file to Skydrive/Cloud Storage and download it to your PC? I know it's not perfect but it's something.

I mean for getting things onto the phone, like music. I do have an Xbox Music Pass though, so not totally screwed. I'll probably just buy a 520 and send this thing in for repair eventually though

Troll

Banned
I mean for getting things onto the phone, like music. I do have an Xbox Music Pass though, so not totally screwed. I'll probably just buy a 520 and send this thing in for repair eventually though

You can do it the other way around, too. It's just for larger files - take songs for instance - you're going to want to find another solution. Music pass saved you for now, but I'd also want to get it fixed eventually.

Protome

I broke my Nexus 4, and instead of paying the £180 to get it repaired, I paid £100 for a 520 instead. Because I've always wanted to try out Windows Phone. I'm liking it so far, but damn the app store is just depressing.

Are there any good podcast apps? and any way to keep track of my Data usage like on Android?

hwalker84

Windows Phone |OT4| Update's Take Time and Energy
Windows Phone |OT4| We’re Definitely Here and Paying Attention
Windows Phone |OT4| Patience is Virtue
Windows Phone |OT4| Will Twerk for Apps!
Windows Phone |OT4| Will Twerk for Notification Center!
Windows Phone |OT4| Custom Notifications by |OT5|
Windows Phone |OT4| Feature Suggestions... We Don't Care!

anyone know any good instagram accounts to follow? i'd prefer to follow someone posting pics from their 92X/1020 device.

chicks who post their great asses would work too.

frontieruk

He thinks that people here actually act bitter when someone switches from this platform. What we really do is salute them and wish them a better life on the other side.

We do... realising what a silly miistake we made moving away from the platform, the other side may be greener, but only through jelly and envy...

vanmardigan

Will never not be funny.

So knew that was coming, well played sir. 15 internets to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom