• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nokia has partnerships for music in more countries than Microsoft does.

No one confirmed anything about closing Nokia Music. We're just going to have to sit and wait and see what happens.

BTOujqMCIAEAZ2T.png

this really needs a giant square option, otherwise it's hideous.

notice the "storyteller" app though? hmmm

Milchjon

notice the "storyteller" app though? hmmm

Could be some lifelog app. Places I've been, things I've liked. The icon also makes it look like it's tile-based, maybe it's focused on the homescreen? Like the tile next to Nokia Drive, it looks like the bottom right part of the icon. I know you could pin places from maps on the start screen, but it looks slightly different.

jagowar

I'm sure they are going to merge them into the Xbox Music app. Microsoft is probably going to put the Software portions of Nokia into the OS Division to work with everyone else.

Personally I think nokia music is the better model.... probably why you are correct and they will kill it.

derFeef

Apple's new Cyan Lumia 620 getting some appreciation. Bet those were the same people who made fun of the kiddy plastic Lumias.

Gamechanger, finally someone brave enough to put colour into our phone life.
(I can already see the commercials, uuugghhhh)

I know this sounds like a joke, but the next Android version is going to be Android 4.4 KitKat (because fuck disgusting shit like Key Lime Pie).

m8oVQO1.jpg

I'm really excited about it, even more after seeing the Bandit homescreen over and over again for a while now.

Laugh a Google all you want, but they learned their design lessons.
http://www.android.com/kitkat/

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I know this sounds like a joke, but the next Android version is going to be Android 4.4 KitKat (because fuck disgusting shit like Key Lime Pie).

m8oVQO1.jpg

I'm really excited about it, even more after seeing the Bandit homescreen over and over again for a while now.

Laugh a Google all you want, but they learned their design lessons.
http://www.android.com/kitkat/

No one is making you buy a Bandit. I do hope they revise the OS for 5"> devices. The large Windows 8.1 tiles would be nice. Also it would look worse imo if they didn't have an extra row. Tiles would be huge.

Doffen

iPhone 5S is probably going to be launched here in Norway before Lumia 1020.
Why do Nokia/MS make it so hard for me to buy their products?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
:lol at those lenses, Jesus!

edit: look forward to the Verge saying it easy to use and you don't need be a camera pro with a DSLR around your neck.

hadareud

The Translator
It just makes so much sense. What an amazing invention. Magnificent and sensational, only one company could come up with this.

Sony :bow :bow

Milchjon

Those clamps look kinda flimsy. I'd be scared as fuck that my $500 lense add on would just fall off.

Edit: What a twist:

Meanwhile, Redmond, Washington-based Microsoft is keeping an eye on BlackBerry Ltd., the people said. The Canadian manufacturer has said it’s seeking a buyer, and its strong presence in the enterprise market could still attract interest from Microsoft, they said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...2-billion-deal-with-soul-searching-nokia.html

Seems to be pretty speculative, though.

Milchjon

People drop their $500 phones all the time. Those additional $500 won't make a difference.

As for your twist, it's not that shocking, considering the talks Nokia and Microsoft had with RIM.

brb, gotta patent my "Otterbox for Sony lenses" design.

I will take all of you out for lunch with the millions I'll make from this.

Yeah, it's not like support will be disappearing. Gaming side is on the Elop action now. Quality posts there.

So who is going to support the 1020 next year? Do you think Microsoft will release Nokia firmware update, new update to camera app and any of the Nokia exclusive apps after the purchased go through?

All those Nokia projects will be scrap within a year, rebrand and then remake (like that shitty Xbox Music) with slow update and worst functionality because it will be design by committee in favor of their business partners and not consumers.

This deal is a loose-loose for Nokia users anyway you slice it.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
So who is going to support the 1020 next year? Do you think Microsoft will release Nokia firmware update, new update to camera app and any of the Nokia exclusive apps after the purchased go through?

All those Nokia projects will be scrap within a year, rebrand and then remake (like that shitty Xbox Music) with slow update and worst functionality because it will be design by committee in favor of their business partners and not consumers.

This deal is a loose-loose for Nokia users anyway you slice it.

I think this man has a point. At best, the 1020 will get the stock version of Windows Phone Blue that every other phone will get, no special enhancements like Nokia did with Amber. I don't see how this new ex-Nokia group within MS will be allowed to make modifications that other OEM's don't have access to. MS won't let them, to protect their partners, and customers will lose out.

I'm scared guys, hold me! I don't want to have to go back to Android! Please, for the love of smartphones, don't let that happen to me. I'd rather go Apple, then promptly die of boredom when the static, dead homescreen pops up.

zedge

I think this man has a point. At best, the 1020 will get the stock version of Windows Phone Blue that every other phone will get, no special enhancements like Nokia did with Amber. I don't see how this new ex-Nokia group within MS will be allowed to make modifications that other OEM's don't have access to. MS won't let them, to protect their partners, and customers will lose out.

I'm scared guys, hold me! I don't want to have to go back to Android! Please, for the love of smartphones, don't let that happen to me. I'd rather go Apple, then promptly die of boredom when the static, dead homescreen pops up.

Nexus. ;)

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

I'm going to give them a chance before saying it will be a failure or they are doomed.

I bought into Nexus hype and purchase Nexus 7 tablet, the worst purchase I made. Constant stuttering when browsing the net, shitty battery especially charging time, apps not compatible (isn't that why I fucking choose Google brand?) and with each update, the problem seems to get worst not better. The update before this one make the Wi-Fi slow to a crawl. You can count me out as Nexus customers, question is what is left for me to choose. HTC is pretty much done their software support is horrible even if they make nice looking hardware, iPhone as Van said is boring, which left me with Samsung.

I am predicting massive price drop soon for all those soon to be (if not already) orphan Lumia phones so may be I will pick up 1020 and use that as my smart-camera phone and use it until the day I have to upgrade and see what available then. RIP, Nokia phone we had a good run.

I bought into Nexus hype and purchase Nexus 7 tablet, the worst purchase I made. Constant stuttering when browsing the net, shitty battery especially charging time, apps not compatible (isn't that why I fucking choose Google brand?) and with each update, the problem seems to get worst not better. The update before this one make the Wi-Fi slow to a crawl. You can count me out as Nexus customers, question is what is left for me to choose. HTC is pretty much done their software support is horrible even if they make nice looking hardware, iPhone as Van said is boring, which left me with Samsung.

I am predicting massive price drop soon for all those soon to be (if not already) orphan Lumia phones so may be I will pick up 1020 and use that as my smart-camera phone and use it until the day I have to upgrade and see what available then. RIP, Nokia phone we had a good run.

Damn. I was about to go to best buy on my way home and pick one up (if they have it).

I thought about getting an ipod Touch 5th gen, but forgot about how the specs were much worse than the phone eq. Would get a iPad mini but I'm holding out for retina, and the phone is crazy expensive off-contract.

zedge

One word. Tegra.
pile of fucking shit

New N7 is awesome. As is the N4.

I am a fan of both WP and Android though so. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom