• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedge

Stay classy Nokia.

BTWEDZpCIAAaS4S.jpg:large
:lol. That's a bit much.

Troll

Banned
Kit kat is appropriate given how fragmented Android is. Good job Google, finally a name that actually means something.

zedge

Troll

Banned
Google is making some good changes to combat this by breaking out parts of the OS and putting them on the store and in google services. The version of Android you are on is mattering less and less.

Maybe that's why the little Android guy has all of his pieces on Google's lawn.

It now automatically deletes the dummy tracks.

And it lets you choose the picture you want to use, which is nice. There's usually quite a few good ones for pretty much every artist.
Ah, nice one. I'll give it another go.

Does anybody know if GDR2 fixed the bug which causes the thumbnails of skydrive albums in the photo hub to go blank?

Edit: MPAtool is no longer published according to the store. Yet there are reviews as recent as yesterday.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Ah, nice one. I'll give it another go.

Does anybody know if GDR2 fixed the bug which causes the thumbnails of skydrive albums in the photo hub to go blank?

Edit: MPAtool is no longer published according to the store. Yet there are reviews as recent as yesterday.
I was just updated today

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Damn, there are some good ideas on the Note 3. I have a sneaking suspicion WP Blue will allow snapped app views a la Win8, but Samsung is way out in front in terms of running multiple apps at once. And on a larger screen especially, that is a cool feature to have.

That said, buying a Note 3 would require me to give up my 41mp Pureview camera, use touchwiz, and use a phone with a fake leather back. Nope, nope, and nope.

hadareud

The Translator
I was just thinking how the "delay" of the next Lumia flagship to coincide with WP 8.1 makes even more sense now with the recent announcement.

I would think it will be the first non-Nokia branded Lumia.

kharma45

On the cover or the actual phone? As in, do you have to send it in or just change the cover?

Pretty sure the buttons are on the cover.

The actual phone. There are buttons on the cover and then there ones that are attached to the motherboard, they're the ones that break http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nok...tton-got-faulty-I-can-t-increase/td-p/1867284

http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-620/225934-broken-volume-button.html

kharma45

It has dented my love for mine a bit. Another reason for me to consider a new phone this winter. Might phone O2 and see actually if they would refund me, it would be the third time I have had to send the phone in for repairs since i got it in February so i might have a case.

Who knows, in the end the most lasting effect of WP will probably be that it redefined the UI design for the whole mobile market.

What the hell are you talking about? Is that some typical MS fanboy BS to discredit Apple once again?

Didn't you read the AdAge article about Yahoo's new logo?

OBP5MvE.png
GDAzB4B.png

Despite the design world's ongoing "flat" trend propelled by the look of Apple's new mobile operating system, Yahoo went classical for its typeface. The font would look at home on the banner of renaissance-era jouster or a British soccer, er, football club. That could invoke the larger renaissance Ms. Mayer is trying to incite at Yahoo and reinforce the company's hope to become a solid business like it once was. "When you want to create an image of stability, for something to be taken seriously as a business, you tend to go toward more classical tropes," said Hunter Tura, president of Bruce Mau Design.
http://adage.com/article/digital/yahoo-s-tweaks-18-year-brand-underwhelming/243629/

The world's going "flat" design, propelled by Apple's new iOS and there's nothing you can do about it!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Just noticed the Z1 has been announced with a UK release date and pre-orders are up now, meanwhile still nothing for the 1020...ffs Nokia.

Doffen

What the hell are you talking about? Is that some typical MS fanboy BS to discredit Apple once again?

http://i.imgur.com/OBP5MvE.png[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GDAzB4B.png[IMG]

[url]http://adage.com/article/digital/yahoo-s-tweaks-18-year-brand-underwhelming/243629/[/url]

The world's going "flat" design, propelled by Apple's new iOS and there's nothing you can do about it![/QUOTE]

Time to pack it up Microsoft.

hadareud

The Translator
Just noticed the Z1 has been announced with a UK release date and pre-orders are up now, meanwhile still nothing for the 1020...ffs Nokia.

That's one of the things that has to change and change quickly.

You announce a phone and a release date and you release it world-wide at the same time, or at least in all the major markets.

The trickle to this and that country at this and that time in limited numbers and on this and that carrier is definitely not helping their sales.

Black-Box

You announce a phone and a release date and you release it world-wide at the same time, or at least in all the major markets.

The trickle to this and that country at this and that time in limited numbers and on this and that carrier is definitely not helping their sales.

America gets it first for Microsoft products. This is one of the same reasons that caused the Zune HD to fail.

money and resources.

Nokia has microsoft's money now, let's see what they do with it.

my guess, less high end phones, more low end ones.

hadareud

The Translator
Agreed on Zune.

But to be fair to Microsoft, they've done an excellent job with Europe when it comes to Xbox.

Everyone is taking the piss about them only releasing in 13 countries this time around, but before the Xbox 360 neither Sony nor Nintendo would have ever dreamed of releasing their consoles in Europe at the same time as in Japan and the US. Half a year behind, minimum.

Even now despite all of the ridiculous moaning on the gaming side they're still releasing it same day in most of the major European countries, unlike Sony. Not tier 3 countries like Scandinavia, of course, but still.

That's the attitude and expertise they need to bring to their phones now too. They need a good kick up the arse, quickly.

hankster

f0lken

money and resources.

Nokia has microsoft's money now, let's see what they do with it.

my guess, less high end phones, more low end ones.

Which isn't really that big of a problem and more like a good solution because the gross of the sales have been of the 520, I'll be happy with a flagship and one specialized Pureview magic phone a year much in the way Samsung has only 2 true flagships a year (The S and the Note).

The 520 is a great phone for cheap, I wonder how low could they go when they try to put WP in the Asha line

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

OBP5MvE.png
GDAzB4B.png

http://adage.com/article/digital/yahoo-s-tweaks-18-year-brand-underwhelming/243629/

The world's going "flat" design, propelled by Apple's new iOS and there's nothing you can do about it!

People joke about people thinking and writing that shit but that makes it even sadder when you see it for real. Embarrassing.

Toshiba Encore is a full Win 8.1 tablet priced at $329. Lenovo and Toshiba pretty much proclaiming the death of the RT. Sad times as I thought RT app development would help grow WP development.

The way things are going, Windows Phone 9 may become straight up Windows 9. Yes, full OS in mobile form. The idea of that in a Microsoft Lumia phone makes me ill.

t-ramp

I got a Lumia 521 the other day, and had a question about the 3.5mm port: is it normal that a headphone plug doesn't go in all the way or very tightly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom