• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troll

Banned
ljTvQLa.png

Hmm?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I think you can make the bandit look good with better tile arrangements. I would definitely use a lot more wide tiles that's for sure.

Milchjon

I think you can make the bandit look good with better tile arrangements. I would definitely use a lot more wide tiles that's for sure.

Wide tiles are the whole problem with this new layout, because unless you put a column of 2 small tiles on either side of a big tile, it'll always be unbalanced.

Damn, if only this had the 41mp, I would have bought it as one of the last Nokia branded phones. 6" 1080p screen would have been amazing for viewing those 41mp pics.

There would be virtually no small tiles on my screen if there were a 3 column layout.

Interesting enough, MS employees get a discount at the Apple store. Conversed with a fellow in a blue shirt there for a little while the other day.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, if only this had the 41mp, I would have bought it as one of the last Nokia branded phones. 6" 1080p screen would have been amazing for viewing those 41mp pics.

I imagine we will see one of two more Nokia WP's before the sale is finalized.

edit: I think it is funny when Android/Google fans call MS the devil or evil..see the 1020 price drop thread. Both companies can be shady (as well as Apple).

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
yes, gimme a 5" 1080p, quad core, 2gb ram, 64gb, 41mp, qi charging, and I'd be completely satisfied for 2 yrs.

That would be pretty sweet. For me though I don't really want to go that big of screen. Also unless the qi charging is built in, I don't think I would bother.

Finally had GDR2 hit on my T-Mobile HTC 8X yesterday.

Still unsure on how to free up space in "Other", but it did reduce from 10 gigs to 8.5. I have both the "Shrink Storage" and "Make More Space" apps, btw.

What the hell are you talking about? Is that some typical MS fanboy BS to discredit Apple once again?

Didn't you read the AdAge article about Yahoo's new logo?

...The world's going "flat" design, propelled by Apple's new iOS and there's nothing you can do about it!

Where do you think Apple borrowed the design philosophy from?

That's okay though, WP folks knew this would happen. It's not cool for MS to receive credit for anything these days.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Has windows phone 8 changed how the speech works? I changed my phone at the same time I changed my car, and it no longer reads text messages out over the car Bluetooth. That was a great feature.

frontieruk

Fuck, so tempting. I want to see what their next batch of phones is first.

Well, if there has to be trolling, I'm glad we are trolling ourselves.
I was going to say they'll just be rehashes, then realised that's the summer release, I may be back on wp8 sooner than i expected

Has windows phone 8 changed how the speech works? I changed my phone at the same time I changed my car, and it no longer reads text messages out over the car Bluetooth. That was a great feature.

don't you need to activate it in the settings?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I was going to say they'll just be rehashes, then realised that's the summer release, I may be back on wp8 sooner than i expected

don't you need to activate it in the settings?

Yah, everything is checked. If I set it to 'always on' it'll speak to me, just not through the car Bluetooth. Weird

MCD

mAe3n6u.jpg

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57601766-75/for-microsoft-and-nokia-fewer-secrets/

"There are real-world examples of situations where Nokia was building a phone and keeping information about it secret from us," said Joe Belfiore.

“We would make changes in the software, or prioritize things in the software, unaware of the work that they’re doing. And then late in the cycle we’d find out and say, ‘If we had known that we would have done this other thing differently and it would have turned out better!’"

"In developing countries, end users share files over Bluetooth commonly, and in the US people just don’t do that," Belfiore said. "We didn’t even have that feature, and we didn’t even understand or appreciate the degree to which it was critical."

Amerika Phone 8

indeed. i used to *occasionally* send pics via BT before NFC, but now with NFC and S-Beam and Superbeam i do it all the time!

actually i am now reminded of a Youtube video i recently watched... The best ways to share pictures between iOS, Android, and Windows Phone

uh, IIRC, NFC is only used to initiate the exchange between phones. Bluetooth is still the channel in which the photo/song is swapped.

Could be very wrong on this. NFC would be a very inefficient way of sharing that large amount of data though.

uh, IIRC, NFC is only used to initiate the exchange between phones. Bluetooth is still the channel in which the photo/song is swapped.

Could be very wrong on this. NFC would be a very inefficient way of sharing that large amount of data though.

yeah, it's only used to initiate, but that was the biggest hassle! adding this phone to that, etc... and with S-Beam and Superbeam using Wifi for the actual transfer, stuff goes soooo fast!

Korey

I no longer get app updates on my WP7

No updates any time i go into the marketplace app. It's been a few weeks since the last update.

Any ideas?

It work for me but occasionally Bluetooth would get confuse and stop notify me of the message and I have to reconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom