• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 920 is 269€. The 1020 is ~620€. I just can't justify that.

I'd rather get a small Win8 tablet for that difference.

But it's still ugly and I'm still not willing to jump ship unless I can get a significantly improved experience a la a Note that's not puke inducing.

Guys, battery good/bad?

Cyan? Or yellow?

I never have battery issue with 920 but I am in the area with good signal most of the time. The only battery drain I experience was from Facebook beta app.

I would go Cyan. Yellow is pretty but gloss is easily scratch and scruff up, as much as I love my glossy Red 920 I would recommend Cyan.

Milchjon

Of course the first store only has white and grey.

Gonna check another one, if they don't have it, I'll just stay two years behind instead of catching up by one.

maeh2k

Of course the first store only has white and grey.

Gonna check another one, if they don't have it, I'll just stay two years behind instead of catching up by one.

The great thing about having an old phone, aside from not having to spend money on a new one, is that it's less precious and you don't have to worry about damaging it. If the screen on my 2+ years old phone shatters, it won't be that big of a deal.

Milchjon

The great thing about having an old phone, aside from not having to spend money on a new one, is that it's less precious and you don't have to worry about damaging it. If the screen on my 2+ years old phone shatters, it won't be that big of a deal.

Nah, I adore my 800 and won't even sell it when I get a replacement. Design-wise it's still pretty much perfect to me (I still want a N9 for that reason). I'd care a lot if it broke completely ;-)

Edit: Played with that shitty Acer 8 inch tablet. I think that form factor has potential for me personally.

With Update3 hitting the Carriers, there will probably be new phones coming out, I'd at least wait until the Nokia conference. The 920 might get cheaper in the market, or maybe there'll be a replacement

Nothing said above is based on inner knowledge, I know very little about the upcoming event

Milchjon

With Update3 hitting the Carriers, there will probably be new phones coming out, I'd at least wait until the Nokia conference. The 920 might get cheaper in the market, or maybe there'll be a replacement

Nothing said above is based on inner knowledge, I know very little about the upcoming event

Dunno, it's at a level where I don't really mind if it goes down even further. The funny thing is that it's currently about 50€ cheaper than the 720.

Anyway, I think they're all out of my preferred color, so I'll be waiting anyway.

Assuming you don't actually know anything (lies!), I would assume the 925 coming to AT&T would be the 92x phone until they release a new one in the spring probably coinciding with 8.1. Of course they are going to have new 1080 phones to release before the end of the year.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
It actually is, because I can finally unlock the full power of rooms - with the one person I know that uses WP.

A lot of people make fun of rooms as a throwaway feature, but they haven't used it at length. My wife and I use rooms every day to run the household.

Milchjon

A lot of people make fun of rooms as a throwaway feature, but they haven't used it at length. My wife and I use rooms every day to run the household.

No, I'm sure they'd be an awesome feature that can help keeping things organized, they're just so very dependent on a network effect that it can easily seem useless because the marketshare is to low.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The list for all articles is shit. Get NextGen reader.

Also, congrats! Now go on eBay and order one of those cheap Qi wireless chargers for 20 bucks. It will change tour life.

Wireless chargers are awesome. However I don't think I would use it unless it was built in like the 920.

Wireless chargers are awesome. However I don't think I would use it unless it was built in like the 920.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the snap on covers. They all look bad, flimsy and the corners can break easily. It would be a shame if the 920 was Nokias last one with build-in wireless charging.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the snap on covers. They all look bad, flimsy and the corners can break easily. It would be a shame if the 920 was Nokias last one with build-in wireless charging.

Yep, The coil isn't that thick, it would just take some clever packing to get the phone thinner than the 920.

When did IE mobile get the capability to copy an image link? Also, I wish this app was on Windows Phone. Best weather app ever.

null_zps37dff9dc.png

hadareud

The Translator
The coil isn't thick at all un the 920 either, but it's bloody heavy.

The one in the 1020 cover feels a good bit lighter.

edit: what's it called? Hipster weather?

Milchjon

Brot, you weren't kidding with Rando.

Also, why did they switch the position of the comma and language selection on the keyboard.

And I'm typing so slow, the predictions are actually really helpful.

MarkusRJR

My phone (Ativ S) is getting really janky and it's only like 3 months old. When I turn it on it does the WP and Samsung logos, then after them it vibrates, and restarts the process again and again. Took 11 times of this till it finally loaded to the OS.

Also, the other storage leaves me with only 4.3gb of storage despite me only using like a gig of it. This whole experience is turning me off the platform.

My phone (Ativ S) is getting really janky and it's only like 3 months old. When I turn it on it does the WP and Samsung logos, then after them it vibrates, and restarts the process again and again. Took 11 times of this till it finally loaded to the OS.

Also, the other storage leaves me with only 4.3gb of storage despite me only using like a gig of it. This whole experience is turning me off the platform.

It sounds more like a defective unit. I've never had the problem to boot the OS and I haven't heard of other people with issues like that. In the end, Samsung's gonna Samsung.

Milchjon

Still tinkering with my start screen, but I'm enjoying this layout, with a little shoutout to MS thrown in:

Messages and WhatsApp I check immediately anyway, so I don't need the Live Tile. Mail is lots of junk, so appreciate not having to enter the app. Calendar has to be big as a constant reminder for stuff.

zedge

So when my lumia is synced with my car bluetooth it now reads out text messages, asks if you want to ignore or reply. Very cool. This is new with GDR3?

Razdek

Banned

Are you on GDR3? Maybe you need a factory reset.

Still tinkering with my start screen, but I'm enjoying this layout, with a little shoutout to MS thrown in:

Messages and WhatsApp I check immediately anyway, so I don't need the Live Tile. Mail is lots of junk, so appreciate not having to enter the app. Calendar has to be big as a constant reminder for stuff.

I hope you can see now what was wrong with your terrible HTC One Windows Phone mockup.

kharma45

Just sounds like a bad unit, get it replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom