• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watevaman

Guys, this may be a stupid question, or one easily answered, but which button is the "enter" button when I put something in a text field?

I was on gasbuddy.com before leaving from work today and I entered my zip code (I never like location/GPS based services because they always are off) and kept hitting the return/enter arrow on the bottom right of the onscreen keyboard but nothing was happening. It dropped the keyboard down, but it didn't load a new page or act like it wanted to do anything really.

Still waiting on a messaging app for windows that allows me to send/receive my phone messages there. Really cool feature that Apple has.
If there is one thing I give Rogers credit for, its this. They have a free service apart of every phone plan (you're basically forced to have it) called OneNumber which is basically this. I can view or send text messages and Send and Receive calls from any device that either has the app or a webbrowser. Its pretty nice in and itself and would be pretty awesome if Microsoft came up with their own solution to integrate into their products.

Blackhead

Redarse
If there is one thing I give Rogers credit for, its this. They have a free service apart of every phone plan (you're basically forced to have it) called OneNumber which is basically this. I can view or send text messages and Send and Receive calls from any device that either has the app or a webbrowser. Its pretty nice in and itself and would be pretty awesome if Microsoft came up with their own solution to integrate into their products.

When Rogers launched that feature they specifically advertised it as working with WindowsRT/8 tablets and not the iPad/Android lol. But Microsoft prefer Skype.

hadareud

The Translator
Don't need them anymore now that it has its own version of Swype and just about the best predictive text on the market.

Schlep

Might have been posted already, but Slacker *finally* updated their app to bring it current with early 2013 Android/iOS. I had no idea developing a WP app took over a year...

Anyway, if you have a carrier locked device, you have to wait until the carrier approves the app. If not, it's available now.

When Rogers launched that feature they specifically advertised it as working with WindowsRT/8 tablets and not the iPad/Android lol. But Microsoft prefer Skype.

Microsoft gonna have to hurry and add Text messaging support into Skype then. Also make it open as fast as the built in app

My 1020 camera focus issue has improved with the update. I dont know if it was the actual update that did the trick. It probably has more to do with the deep hard resets the phone goes through with the updates. I still dont think my camera is 100% though. I still may send it in for repair while it's still under warranty. I'd hate to be without a phone though. There's always the Lumia 520 for $55. Will probably wait for the Cyan update before deciding.

José Mourinho;114497554 said:
So what was the most recent update for then?
Stability and Battery improvements. Chances are their wont be any new features until the next GDR other than maybe them enabling Cortana for other regions

MCD

With WP, these big companies only do updates with major OS updates so we might get one with WP8.1 official release.

After the latest update I'm not noticing any improvements in performance compared to the previous one, but all my issues with streaming music over bluetooth to my car are seemingly gone!

Hey guys. So I'm on ATT and I'm looking to upgrade soon. I have a Lumia 920 right now. What's the upcoming flagship WP? Anything coming within the next 6 months that's a gamechanger? Or should I go ahead and just grab something now? 1020 and 1520 are what I have been drooling over for the last year but I haven't kept up with announcements of new models so I'm sure something better is coming.

Hey guys. So I'm on ATT and I'm looking to upgrade soon. I have a Lumia 920 right now. What's the upcoming flagship WP? Anything coming within the next 6 months that's a gamechanger? Or should I go ahead and just grab something now? 1020 and 1520 are what I have been drooling over for the last year but I haven't kept up with announcements of new models so I'm sure something better is coming.
The Icon/930 has got to be a six month exclusive for Verizon, so I'd expect an ATT variant will come.

Oh my god, my accelerometer started working again!
... Though upon checking it out on the level tool within my diagnostics app, it looks like it's reading backwards.

thanks guys. Just looked up the 930/Icon and it looks pretty awesome. I guess that will be it. Is it true that the 930 doesn't support Glance though? I just read that and it seems weird that it wouldn't be supported

kharma45

thanks guys. Just looked up the 930/Icon and it looks pretty awesome. I guess that will be it. Is it true that the 930 doesn't support Glance though? I just read that and it seems weird that it wouldn't be supported

Yep it's true. Something to do with the memory of the panel.

So let's say the 920 doesn't make it to ATT for whatever reason. Is there anything else announced that's intriguing? Perhaps a replacement for the 1520? I really don't want to switch providers and I don't want to switch my phone OS

So let's say the 920 doesn't make it to ATT for whatever reason. Is there anything else announced that's intriguing? Perhaps a replacement for the 1520? I really don't want to switch providers and I don't want to switch my phone OS

Nope, nothing have been announce beside the 630. That's one of the reason many of us are whining and looking at other OS.

The next wave of phones will not have the Nokia branding. MS is just trying to get their ducks in line before introducing not only new phones but the new Microsoft Lumia brand.

...please understand.

Schlep

I'm beginning to think that Microsoft won't be releasing the 930 in the US outside of the Icon on Verizon. Reason being that usually whenever they release hardware it's available in the US (and maybe a few other major markets) long before anywhere else. If they follow that pattern, it would make sense that they release their first high end phones here in September or October while letting the 930 get distributed in other areas to fill the release gap.

Maybe I'm just over hopeful that the first Microsoft Lumia isn't all that far off...

hadareud

The Translator
Pretty much.

Unless they've been working on a Surface phone on the side, that's exactly what we'll see.

I still think that they should rebrand the high-end phones, because Nokia have made no progress in that segment at all.

Do you still get the black screen of app death with the Music app?

Also, I just updated my 928 and 520 to 8.1......not having the quick access to settings was so unfortunate I had to upgrade asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom