• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

royale

R3L9Hed.png

This is my current home screen on my Lumia 925. I think it looks less busy by adding white space and blurring the background picture.

I think Gaming Side has completely repulsed me. I used to dabble in there every once and a while. Now, a certain feeling of uncleanliness occurs nearly every time I check out a thread.

3 panel display is the worst. Has someone managed to make it look good?

Nope, it's gross still. Might be more functional in that you can pin pretty much everything you want on one screen, but looks horrible. Like a geocities page from 1999 or a Japanese e-commerce site from 2014. Everything scrunched together.

MS please give me a 3x6 extra large live tile size. The whole point of the WP home screen is to have big colorful imagery.

Might go all in on a Lumia 2520 + Power Keyboard as soon as I see a deal for the red variant over here.

FINALLY

So as long as the browser is as good as I think it is.

Got my 520 to fuk around with, updated to 8.1 and it performs better with 8.1 than my 1020 does. The transitions on my 1020 were stuttery but on the 520, it's smooth. Besides the smaller keyboard and low quality screen I am loving the 520 and am floored I am getting such a great experience from a $45 smartphone. Tho is seriously the industry's best kept secret.

Milchmann

Three panel layout with small tiles doesn't work IMO. So it's either two panels with small tiles or three panels without them. I use the latter on my 520 and it works even with the low display resolution.

hadareud

The Translator
It's the WPC app, the tile is transparent. I think there might have been a setting somewhere, but I can't remember.

Had to go back to 2 columns. Can't stand the 3, maybe it's better on a higher res screen, but I doubt it.

bedlamite

The WPCentral live tile is transparent, they updated it soon after the 8.1 developer preview came out. I don't think there's a way to turn it off, if you don't like it.

There's something liberating about using a $50 520 smartphone. It's far different from having a 1020 in my pocket. Almost a carefree feeling knowing if i crack the screen, scuff the body, etc, that I can just replace it at anytime.

Razdek

Banned
Microsoft releases a Climatogy app for Android and not for WP. It really is a mobile first cloud first agenda for them but too bad their mobile isn't Windows Phone. WTF are their developers doing prioritizing other platforms instead of their own?

Razdek

Banned
There's something liberating about using a $50 520 smartphone. It's far different from having a 1020 in my pocket. Almost a carefree feeling knowing if i crack the screen, scuff the body, etc, that I can just replace it at anytime.

Meh, I use mine as a music device but the Xbox music app is such shit I don't even turn it on anymore.

maeh2k

I'm now in possession of an orange Lumia 930. The hardware feels pretty nice.
I'm now running the initialization from my 8X.

Microsoft releases a Climatogy app for Android and not for WP. It really is a mobile first cloud first agenda for them but too bad their mobile isn't Windows Phone. WTF are their developers doing prioritizing other platforms instead of their own?

Windows Phone was never and still isn't a priority for Microsoft's developers on other teams. It was even worse back in the Windows Phone 7 days.

maeh2k

I have to say Windows Phone really nails the process of upgrading your phone. It works way better than I thought it would going from the 8X to the 930. Apps, start screen layout, additional exchange accounts, text messages... all there. Way better experience than setting up a new Android phone.

How exactly does Windows Phone 8.1 handle device encryption? Is there any way for me to enable it directly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom