• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is imouto of the main character in Suda51's game for Short Peace, Ranko Tukigime's Longest Day.

http://abload.de/img/l_52cd55876d84bpbelo.jpg[IMG]

so Ranko wears an eye patch... her sister then has 3 eyes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯[/QUOTE]

We're one step closer to perfect moe.

[QUOTE][IMG]http://abload.de/img/061231_nhk03v4qbo.jpg

Space Brothers 80:
And we finally return to Mutta's story. I enjoyed the Russia arc quite a bit, but it's nice to have Mutta back, and seeing that story progress. I also really enjoyed all of Kenji's scenes in this episode. That taxi conversation with him and Mutta was great, reflecting on time passing and both the joys and changes that come with watching a kid grow up. Seeing them become more mature, but also losing some of the adorable things they did when they were younger. It was a lovely quiet moment that the show really executed on. I also enjoyed seeing all of the pool training the characters were doing to prepare for their upcoming task. Hibito also gets a nice assist thanks to
Ivan knowing exactly what he was going to need and sending it to him. I'm glad he's found a way to continue his training in secret.

Special bonus: No racist cartoon after the credits.

cnet128

Banned
this is imouto of the main character in Suda51's game for Short Peace, Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day.

l_52cd55876d84bpbelo.jpg

so Ranko wears an eye patch... her sister then has 3 eyes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The third eye does not appear to be the same colour as Ranko's, though. So much for Naruto-esque sibling eye theft...

Tenumi

Banned
She has pretty narrow feet.

Aw man... now I can't not notice that...

Hidamari Sketch Season 1 (End)

I don't know any other way to describe this show other than... odd. It was definitely entertaining enough to continue on to the rest of the seasons. I think there's better out there if your looking for plain slice-of-life, but this is definitely worth the watch, if only to start the series.

JoeFu

Banned
Nobunagun 1

It is so dumb, but it was really enjoyable.

Honestly the only reason I watched it was because the episode summary said they were going to Taiwan. Was cool to see I could recognize the place they were at! They were at Sun Moon Lake, not sure why they kept saying Kaohsiung when they weren't even near it, unless the subs were wrong. EDIT: nevermind, guess they traveled in like 5 second from the middle of the island to the south or or they just lumped everything together because the giant guan yu statue is in kaohsiung, but whatever.

Anyways, I remembered I took pics when I went there a few years ago, was cool to see one of my shots lined up almost exactly with what was in the show.

giant guan yu statue

duckroll

Soul Eater Not full staff listing:

Director/Series Composition: Masakazu Hashimoto (Tari Tari)
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Satoshi Koike (Sgt Frog)
Music: Yuuki Hayashi (Gundam Build Fighters, Robotics;Notes), Asami Tachibana (Robotics;Notes)
Animation Production: BONES

Really strange combination of staff for BONES. Neither the director nor the character designer are regular BONES staffers. I guess they're really out of resources and have to tap outside their usual circle? Lol.

p3loutL.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Music: Yuuki Hayashi (Gundam Build Fighters, Robotics;Notes), Asami Tachibana (Robotics;Notes)

Really strange combination of staff for BONES. Neither the director nor the character designer are regular BONES staffers. I guess they're really out of resources and have to tap outside their usual circle? Lol.

p3loutL.jpg

So theres a chance this might actually be good?

cajunator

Banned
I think what needs to happen is, everyone should recommend Golden Time when they mean Golden Boy and Golden Boy when they mean Golden Time. Some poor soul is going to get them mixed up eventually with hilarious consequences, so we might as well actively encourage it.

Actually, this is a great idea! Its pretty harmless and not likely to scar anyone for life.

It was fun the first time around but it got weird with some people compiling the images and saving them for later.

I might someday take part in this, but its more fun to think of me as a happy penguin or something.

Update from
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=94691419&postcount=16658
http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=114433&page=9

Fall 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales

Yup,big win for Arpeggio and Non Non(Arpeggio still showing up in it's second week daily chart so i expect even more)
Machine Doll's 1.4k is only for DVD so i guess with full BD sales data out it will have decent number

Non Non Biyori love. thank you Japan!
Seems not shared for Yaya though. Oh well.

Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy 1

Came here because of the Doremi, stayed for the potentially mind bending animation that might make me yell at Toei because lord knows I love that very much!

That being said, I'm not too sure on how I feel about Potpourri yet, but man that witch design.

Incidentally, I'm watching a Magical Pharmacy anime when I need some medicine for my stomach right now, brb.

I am quite interested in this based on the artwork and the ED posted earlier.

Love Lab 01

Pretty funny, will continue to watch. Natsuo is a bit... strange.

itcEc53OjLipN.gif

This show was an unexpected hit with animegaf last season. Its cute but really well animated at times and the chemistry of the main two girls is perfect.

I suddenly have the urge to watch Code Geass for the first time now...

You should do this only because its one of the greatest things ever.

My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy 1
5 minutes in and its hilarious.
Dat english is killing me.

This show was just too weird. I havent decided whether to continue it or not.

Imocho makes me appreciate Oreimo lol. I have a confession to make. I enjoyed the first season of Oreimo. Quite a lot.

No shame in liking S1 of Oreimo. the shame comes with S2...

QUOTE=madp;95998324]It's the Battle of Enceladus in real life.[/QUOTE]

WTF. I cant fathom living anywhere that ever gets this cold.

Mirrai Nikki (Future Diary?) or Blast of Tempest? Choose for me, animegaf.

You can't say 'neither'. Frankly, I'd rather be watching Yamato.

Future Diary. Because Yuno thats why.

man, she's just a bad Saber rip off, even their pose for megami mag is the same thing!!! not that Saber design is great...

at least the character is different enough so far I guess...

Sabers design is iconic. I think she really stands out and is highly recognizeable, not to mention very cute.

Hope it is ok to ask for recommendations here...

I am almost finished with Toradora, this is the first anime of this style (I suppose you would call it romantic comedy) that I have loved and watched the whole way through. Are there any other series that AnimeGaf would suggest for me to check out?

I adored the comedy and how every character was unique, great character building too. Would love to find some more amazing series in this genre.

Golden Time by the same author. It gets a bit weird though. Right now it could go either way.

Sentai Releases for April

Ebiten (DVD/Bluray)
Happiness (DVD)
Familiar of Zero (DVD/Bluray)
From the New World Collection 1 (DVD/Bluray)
Hidamari Sketch X 365 (Bluray)
Little Busters Collection 2 (DVD/Bluray)
Cuticle Detective Inaba (DVD/Bluray)

Go here for the official press release https://www.facebook.com/notes/sent...l-april-2014-release-schedule/777114908982290

Sentai continues its domination of my wallet. So happy that SSY is licensed and that Hidamari is getting bluray releases for HD wideface.

Mikakunin obviously!

The cute girls portion anyway, it's a comedy rather than fuwafuwa relaxing country life. #Teamshorty

Oh my god this is adorable.

So I'm watching Nisemonogatari and just finished episode 8.....

wat

Legendary episode. Otherwise Nise is kinda forgettable but I bought the entire series to reward the creators for this scene. Well and I wanted a HD version of Platinum Disco that youtube couldnt take from me.

Jarmel

Banned
The villains are stupid though. They deserve what they get.

But they can't help it though. Trying to take over the world is what they're built for. They can't help it if they're incompetent.

p3loutL.jpg

I really don't know what to make of this. There are a lot of shows on that staff list that I didn't care for.

Jex

But Girls und Panzer wasn't even a 2013 anime!

Well, it did end in 2013, but I personally can't bring myself to vote on it as if it was a 2013 production. I feel the same way about From the New World even though quite a bit of that series aired this year.

Well, it did end in 2013, but I personally can't bring myself to vote on it as if it was a 2013 production. I feel the same way about From the New World even though quite a bit of that series aired this year.

I feel like From the New World is a bit different in that half of the show aired in 2013. Plus, it wasn't possible to really evaluate the show as a whole for the 2012 vote. Given how strong the show finished, it will easily make my own ballot, even though it did start in 2012.

Jex

I feel like From the New World is a bit different in that half of the show aired in 2013. Plus, it wasn't possible to really evaluate the show as a whole for the 2012 vote. Given how strong the show finished, it will easily make my own ballot, even though it did start in 2012.

You're probably right, but then I have to go and think about my list and stuff which sounds a lot like work.

cajunator

Banned
Hidamari Sketch.

As usual you should listen to Zach

Crunchyroll will stream Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! REN

Excellent news!
So much easier to watch this way.

Super Sonico The Animation Episode 1:

So this is what the blandest brand of wallpaper paste looks like in anime form, I guess I will give them kudos for using actual adults in this series, but beyond that it is so insubstantial.

Well thats why anime normally uses highschool aged characters!

Some bike wheel graphics that have exposed mahou shoujo butts on them.

What limits of depravity will anime resort to?

funimation worth subbing?

also does CR ever upload uncensored stuff?

Its not really, no. Crunchyroll is a much better deal.

Hidamari Sketch 01

So far so Shaft. Kind of boring if I'm honest and I've seen clip-art be more animated/have better backgrounds but it does have its charm. Will keep at it.

You have entered the hnnngh zone. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Sword Art Online Extra Edition Why the Fuck Am I doing this to myself oh God please somebody help me

2 minutes in and Kirito is already planning on cheating on Asuna. Well at least this time it isn't with his sister. 3 minutes in and it's "FOR YOUR COUNTRY, KIRITO KUN". Oh God it's really happening.

"We have no idea why Kaiba made this game and then mercilessly slaughtered 400 people." That's okay, because NEITHER DID HE.

"What if I don't want to help you catch this guy who murdered 400 people and understand his lack of a motive for doing so?" Well then you'd be aiding and abetting a mass murderer and then you'll go to jail for a long, long time. If there was a God in the SAO universe, anyway. Probably I'll give you a blow job for being so upstanding and defending a mass murderer instead.

Titparisons ensue. Suguha continues to be the worst female character in anime ever, and this in spite of the fact that I've seen Cindy from Arjuna.

CLIP SHOW ENSUES FUCK YOU SWORD ART FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU AND ALL WHO WORK UPON THY SHITTY SELF.

And then groping. This isn't even terribad anymore. It's just fucking cliche. Like this is the perfect storm of awful. Gonna just drop it right here because I already know where this shit is going. Wake me when S2 starts so I can bitch my way through that, cuz ain't nothin' worth seeing in this anymore.

Oh Corvy. why do you do this? You silly Raven.

Just watched The Pilot's Love Song. That was actually pretty interesting. It started off really slow and boring and I was ready to drop it after finishing this episode, but from the moment they started digging into the lore it got great to the end.

Claire is good and the anime is beautiful.

Also, NINA VIENTO!!!!!

Definitely keeping this one.

Should I watch the movie?

Yes the movie is fine. Some do not like the ending but thats subjective anyway.

Yeah, it definitely was.

Gintama - 2

Been meaning to pick this show up but Netflix starts off on season 2 for some reason.

Spice and Wolf is worth buying on DVD/bluray. Not a waste.

My Little Monster

I love this show. :3

Had a feeling you would. How about dat Natsume?

Sounds a bit similar to Last Exile. I'll check it out.

Not really. But I love aviation themed stuff to begin with so found it quite interesting.

K-ON!! 10

The desired impact was somewhat ruined by the fact that I hate metal.

Oh my god that episode. THAT PERFECT EPISODE.
I bought an entire line of figurines based on that glorious footage.

Guys what if Kawamori really did feel it inside the womb?

Lol oh my god.
Your reaction to that episode was legend.

This is why people think we're insular and inaccessible :(

Well its pretty true on account this is anime. Its such a fast moving medium introducing hundreds of shows a year in addition to the countless stuff from over 4 decades of production. Its bound to intimidate some newcomers.

Hajime no Ippo: Rising 9:
Brutal hit by Volg there, but at least Ippo has gotten some lessons out of it. You get a sense for how desperate things are when you see how distraught both Ippo and Kamogawa are, but Ippo manages to find the right path in the end.

Of course, Volg's departure just makes me sad that it's going to be years until
we see his amazing title fight animated

cnet128

Banned
So gais, the lineup for Wednesday appears to feature Chuuni, Mikakunin, and (from next week) Inari.

Wednesday, thou shalt be Wednesday no more. I dub thee…MOEnesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom