• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

LWA was an action sakuga fest, not a boring four girl comedy D: It's about time for an avatar change anyway

K-on is probably the only "group of girls does boring things" show i like now that i think about it

Most of them are so forgettable i don't remember what i've seen .__.

Aiyura was good too

yuyushiki looks like i might enjoy it

Have you watched Azumanga?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I don't know man. I still got your back though. I can't believe some of the posts on this page.

How can anybody hate on Yuru Yuri?

Nakama!

I swear man, I refreshed the browser on my phone to make sure it didn't suddenly fuck up in displaying text. Yuru Yuri was amazing.

Quasar

I don't know man. I still got your back though. I can't believe some of the posts on this page.

How can anybody hate on Yuru Yuri?

Never watched yuriyuri because of its name.

Of course I just watched and enjoyed Saki..but that has a pretty open and up front lesbian relationship. Which I'm fine with. I wish we'd see more proper lesbian relationships than the shit we get.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
LWA was an action sakuga fest, not a boring four girl comedy D: It's about time for an avatar change anyway

K-on is probably the only "group of girls does boring things" show i like now that i think about it

Most of them are so forgettable i don't remember what i've seen .__.

Aiyura was good too

yuyushiki looks like i might enjoy it

I feel like I'm starting to tire of "cute girls doing cute things" shows. Maybe because they're all so same-y lately. There hasn't been anything that's come close to the truly great ones (K-On!, Hidamari Sketch, Azumanga Daioh) in a long time. They all just feel so generic and phoned-in as of late. I did like Yuyushiki, but I think that was more due to the art style than the writing. Aiura was great too, but it was a short.

EDIT: Nichijou is my favorite anime of all time, but I don't really consider it a CGDCT show. It's really more of a sketch comedy anime.

I finished Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova. I really enjoyed it, pretty solid show.
Yeah it's a good show ...

Some people don't want to believe it but it's trully a good show.

Recently my Sister is Unusual, even worse than engaged to the unidentified, plz don't watch either
What ?
"engaged" is a regular comic anime there is nothing wrong with it.
"my sister is." is pandering so i can understand that some people can go "NOPE"
But engagned is a regular anime like you can find every season , a normal anime turned on comedy... i don't understand how you can compare the 2.

The fuck am I reading?
Don't worry i don't get it either.

Yuru Yuri S2 was pretty meh.
*facepalm*

With the time travel & the other side school trip episode ? i think NOT !

jman2050

Oh dear, people hating on all the great Dogakobo shows now? Is nothing sacred?

People are still high on Love Lab and they've left GJ-Bu alone, so there's that.

Also I wouldn't call Yuru Yuri great but I liked it a lot. And yeah S2 is way better than S1.

cajunator

Banned
So is KlK a bad show or something?

I planned on watching it after I start and finish my binge Yamato session this weekend.

No KLK is fine. Its entertainment like the way Gainax used to do it. nothing more nothing less. It does have Harime and Mako.

Engaged to the Unidentified is easily the second worst anime this season, plz don't watch

Its a very enjoyable show. Adorable and innocent. Not sure what the problem is.

Branduil

What the bloody hell is LWA?

iW7X9njGpPXhP.gif

cnet128

Banned
Nakama!

I swear man, I refreshed the browser on my phone to make sure it didn't suddenly fuck up in displaying text. Yuru Yuri was amazing.

Yeah, I mean, I can kind of see how some people could criticise YuruYuri (it does set up certain characters' trademark gags and then reuse them a lot), but it's just so much honest fun and the girls are so damn lovable that I can't really comprehend the concept of not enjoying it.

Personally the favourite scenes that always come back to me when I think of the series for whatever reason are the one from the second series with Akari stuck at the train station and the one from the first series when the girls visited Yui's apartment for the first time and Kyouko wound up getting a little too comfortable there.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, I mean, I can kind of see how some people could criticise YuruYuri (it does set up certain characters' trademark gags and then reuse them a lot), but it's just so much honest fun and the girls are so damn lovable that I can't really comprehend the concept of not enjoying it.

Personally the favourite scenes that always come back to me when I think of the series for whatever reason are the one from the second series with Akari stuck at the train station and the one from the first series when the girls visited Yui's apartment for the first time and Kyouko wound up getting a little too comfortable there.
Two words come to mind with Yuru Yuri: Unambitious and droll.

Like comparing canned processed food to something made from scratch. This can satisfy a certain craving, of course, but for me it wore out its welcome in S2 and I wanted badly to move on.

Mr.Jeff

I just didn't really understand what the point of YuruYuri was beyond its slightly boring comedy.
Granted there seems to be a trend for anime to start "serious" relationships at age 14 but most of the cast were around 13 which seemed an odd point to try and push the whole "all the girls love all the other girls!" angle.

wonzo

Banned
Why can't actual good Yuri series like Honey & Honey get animated for once instead of the usual drek?

Its a very enjoyable show. Adorable and innocent. Not sure what the problem is.
Yeah, nothing says innocent quite like a overly obsessive and perverted older sister…

cajunator

Banned
No, because Chitanda is better than her in almost every way.

Yup thats true. Chitanda is even cute drunk.

Probably because he's lying

Nah. It really is kind of rape/pee fetishy. Like a lot.

Am I the only one watching KlK as light hearted entertainment rather than the best thing since sliced pan? Yes I realise thanks to LWA and Inferno Cop you all had high expectation and deemed Trigger the return of Jesus in Anime Studio form.

Thats exactly what it is. Its Gainax-like fun for funs sake. Nobody try to make it what its not. Just have fun with it!

Nagi no Asukara (Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea) Episode 14: The Promised Day
BdksUkmIgAALcbX.jpg

The time skip worked wonders for some characters, Sayama improved greatly. Fantastic start to this new half and the emotions at just every moment through the flashbacks especially Chisaki's and Tsumugus. Most surprisingly
was the Miuna and Hikari thing. I didnt ever realize she had also joined everyone else in sharing some affection towards him, I always thought she had preferred Kaname or something or was that just Saya? Im also glad they went with the have those that hibernate not age but those that didnt age, will be interesting how it makes things move in terms of relations and what not with Tsumugu older than the other guys.

Ebb and flow just as wonderful as Lull, Ray music is best.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Azumanga Daioh is a bad show. Really bad show.

It does the manga a total injustice. You can buy the entire collection for $20 and read that instead. Because its amazing.

Speaking of moe girls doing moe things nonsense. I found this quote from Yuma Takahashi that was in an interview about Hidamari's anime production interesting.
I clearly remember Hidamari’s beginning stages even now. It was around 2006, wasn’t it? It started airing in January 2007, so that’s probably it. Producer Atsuhiro Iwakami, who had heard from TBS about a Hidamari adaptation, pitched it at a planning meeting. He said, “It’ll be a challenge, but I want Aniplex to make anime of this genre too.” Of course, now there are many works depicting girls’ everyday lives, but at that time there were barely any. Even Aniplex hadn’t worked with anything of the genre before. Iwakami wanted Lantis (with their hit “Hare Hare Yukai” from Haruhi) and Director Shinbo (responsible for “Le Portrait de Petit Cossette”) to team up for the very first time.
For better or worse, Hidamari may have caused the eruption of all of these recent school life girls shows that people hate for reasons beyond my imagination! None of them are the greatest thing ever like Hidamari but I'm thankful anyway.

cajunator

Banned
But it's like YuruYuri x Love Lab. Unless I completely missed some weird character or something.

Wait, it's not? I scrubbed it thinking it was that. It's also pretty magical girlfriendy/SAO-ey. lol

Its not exactly a mix of those but its a really cute show that doesnt cross any boundaries. The whole thing about the older sis is more of a gag setup than anything serious and Mashiro is the foil. Its just cute. There isnt even fanservice in the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R94Q6NhuS3A

This weeks episode of the Simpsons has a tribute to Miyazaki. Dude didn't even retire! Or he retired and then unretired. I don't know. He's the Brett Favre of anime.

I really love your football references to explain anime stuff.

Squid Girl is awesome. I bought this a while ago for $40. One of my favorite figures that I own:

I have that figure too. Shes the best Ika Musume figure.

jbug617

Banned
Just did the first draft of my top ten anime. Sort of iffy on Love Lab, I enjoy the show but not a big fan of the ending.

My top 5 are:

Silver Spoon
Non Non Biyori
Girls Und Panzer
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Love Lab

Mr.Jeff

Add GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class to the list. Now that is a genuinely overlooked sol title.
GA was pretty enjoyable. It tended to shoehorn a lot of pointless art class trivia and the lead girl with the glasses was a useless waste of space but it had a nice dynamic between all the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom