• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Full Metal Panic! 18

You really shouldn't pimp out your commander like that, Kurz. I'm pretty sure that gets you put on latrine duty more often than not.

I liked how everybody in the submarine was listening on Chidori belittling Sousuke after they landed in the ocean because they thought they were drowning. Look on Tessa's face when that happened was priceless.

Magical warfare - 01
lol
Magical%20Warfare%20-%2001.jpg
I know this is better than nothing but i don't think fighting someone with a handsword with a shinai is a good idea.

This show is a mixed bag ..on one hand i think the chemistry between characters is not as good as it could have been ..

On the other hand the premise of 2 conflicting magical organisation fighting should provide intresting "fights" or set pieces for the cast

So this show is not dropped , but is under the 3 ep rule , so i can see what it'll become.

Magical warfare - 01
lol
I know this is better than nothing but i don't think fighting someone with a handsword with a shinai is a good idea.

This show is a mixed bag ..on one hand i think the chemistry between characters is not as good as it could have been ..

On the other hand the premise of 2 conflicting magical organisation fighting should provide intresting "fights" or set pieces for the cast

So this show is not dropped , but is under the 3 ep rule , so i can see what it'll become.

lol the poster makes it look like another Fate spinoff.

CorvoSol

Some artists still draw pointy noses.

Maybe not '90s pointy, but still.

Oh, Time of EVE. I wish there'd been more of that.

Got an appreciation for plastic surgeons, eh Corvo?

Time spent in Brazil will do this to you.

Full Metal Panic! 18

You really shouldn't pimp out your commander like that, Kurz. I'm pretty sure that gets you put on latrine duty more often than not.

I liked how everybody in the submarine was listening on Chidori belittling Sousuke after they landed in the ocean because they thought they were drowning. Look on Tessa's face when that happened was priceless.

Poor Tessa. Girl is always finding herself in awkward situations.

Magical warfare - 01
lol

Dude that sword on the right looks suspiciously like the one Cloud uses in Advent Children.

Z/X Ignition Episode 1
BdlN9G0CcAAnJVN.png

The soundtrack really makes all the events extremely exciting and at the start initially dire and grim for folks (though why is one guy filming on his Tablet when the Black Gates are opening and the ZIllion fo Enemy X are flying out, it was like they wanted to travel to the next life). The Zillions of Enemy X designs are great and pretty varied with Orichalcum Tyranno being my favorite and then the ones among the Four Angels.

Hearing Syo Kurusu with a touch of Urushihara makes Tennoji a pretty good lead and his personality being all heroic keeps this from being a dull dreary affair and makes it fun even at this apocalyptic time.

Song over playing the ending credits roll (think it was EX:FUTURIZE) is in my favorites for this season.

Enjoyed it and will keep following, would love to see tons more designs and the other characters from the different Zones.

Jintor

*quietly adds princess jellyfish to his next-watching shelf*

I actually probably should write down a bucket list of stuff to eventually watch, what with all this copious free time I have.

Space Brothers 81:
Things are looking up, but then you find out that
Mutta and Kenji are going to have to compete against one another with only one getting to go to the moon.
That's not good for them. Hopefully they can find a way around that. Hibito also gets some slight progress this week. It was more of a transitional episode, but I'm interested to see where the current training leads to.

Corvy watch Kino's Journey.

I second this. Seriously Corvo, it's one of those shows that forcibly takes your jaw and smashes it to the floor as you try to comprehend what the hell you just watched as all the pieces fall into place in your head as you realize what's going on and then-AAHHH.

So is KlK a bad show or something?

I planned on watching it after I start and finish my binge Yamato session this weekend.

KLK is a great show for anyone who likes hotblooded anime characters and fun.

While I don't have any complaints with KLK, I kinda think I'd be okay if the show was instead focused entirely on Satsuki and her team.

That would be good, cause I can't wait to find out what the hell Satsuki's real motives are in this show. I mean, there has to be a reason she wants all this domination right? She isn't like your "I wanna take over the world villain". It can't only be for the sake of this "pigs in human clothing" deal she's raving on about. She keeps acting as if she's hiding something. Probably the fact that
she's Lordgenome's mother or something and that they just discovered alien life that will later turn out to be the Anti-Spirals and she's going to make the entire world her army so they could possibly stand a chance against them and holy shit why does that make so much sense?

That'd be amazing if true.

So is KlK a bad show or something?

I planned on watching it after I start and finish my binge Yamato session this weekend.

It was so overhyped for me by the internet, that it ended up hurting it.

Ironic since I'm so overhyped for Space Dandy. But as long as it keeps the animation quality and tones down the boobs and perviness, which KlK wasnt able to do, then I'll keep watching.

Dresden

golden time - 01

a. Koko is loko
b. Mitsuo is a fucking clown
c. Banri is alright

Not really a well made show or anything, but I can roll with this.

Golden time - 13
I want to tell ghost banri to go die in a corner , but he is already dead ...

I mean seriously what's his deal? Screw you ! I want to hug koko after the scene in the park , that was like painfull to watch.

The whole chemistry with all the characters was superb .. and koko nervousness was magnificent heck the anime is very good.

I wish a random monk would just pass near banri appartment and exorcise the guy ..it's getting ridiculous.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon 201X is now...

SAILOR MOON 2014. July 2014, to be exact.

Directed by Munehisa Sakai, who is unquestionably Toei's current best mahou shoujo talent (because let's face it, Rie Matsumoto isn't going to be allowed out of her cage for a looooong time now.)

It's real.

ZX IGNITION 01

The beginning reminded me of a SMT story. Then, the demons card spirits appeared and it still reminded me of a SMT story.

Though I guess the whole lack of here's this opening and then suddenly, the whole world looks fine and it's summoning card game battle time.

I assume they'll fill in how it went from end of the world to this and they did make some mention of this during the episode. Not wowing me but at the same time not all that terrible either.

Jarmel

Banned
Sailor Moon 201X is now...

SAILOR MOON 2014. July 2014, to be exact.

Directed by Munehisa Sakai, who is unquestionably Toei's current best mahou shoujo talent (because let's face it, Rie Matsumoto isn't going to be allowed out of her cage for a looooong time now.)

It's real.

So what is this? A remake? Sequel?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kill La KIll - 13

Hooooly shit.

I'm interested in this show again.

Magical Warfare 1

The ED song is amazing.

The anime magical system feels like something thats been done before in another popular magic series or at least some aspects of it, the Knowing eye at least. Otherwise just odd
with giving every character magical powers

Im glad it feels different then Strike the Blood, but in a season with three magic based Light novel adaptations, its far from being as great as Tokyo Ravens, and somewhere at a level down there with Strike the Blood. Will keep watching.

Quasar

Only reason why i'm not reading the LNs is because i'm scared to know if it get worse and i enjoy hearing koko voice.

Yeah i'm weak...

Yeah. I don't really want to read it as I like the anime cast (though I would like to know where its going). And you know looking at what has been translated and the book images from the remaining ones it seems like the show is almost caught up to the books.

Theres 7 books out and it seems like the events of episode 14 happened in book 6.

I think I'll learn to live with this. I have to. For him.
Friend: [link image]
Me: i dont get it. is it supposed to be a reference?
Me: or just humorous?
Friend: monster girl threads
Me: GOD DAMMIT
Friend: best girl
Friend: it's usually an argument over a centaur and lamia
Me: I don't even.

EAhCAUF.gif

Monster Girls! Turned a fanboy of my friend He always steam chats me! To talk about theeeeeeeeeem!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So what is this? A remake? Sequel?

We don't know yet, but it can't be a sequel because the anime ending is final and Naoko Takeuchi almost certainly still has a high degree of creative control over any animation project. My expectation is either a reboot manga adaptation or an entirely self-contained original story with some thematic callbacks to the original, because both allow the new project to be something different while preserving the integrity of the legacy material.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I think I'll learn to live with this. I have to. For him.

http://i.imgur.com/EAhCAUF.gif[/IM]
[I]Monster Girls! Turned a fanboy of my friend He always steam chats me! To talk about theeeeeeeeeem![/I][/QUOTE]

What a terrible person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom