• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Are you ok?when i said you need to read the manga?

You seemed pretty confident that the characters would develop, so I just wanted to be charitable and assume that you were saying what you were because you knew something about events that anime-watchers didn't. I may or may not have also mixed you up with another poster who mentioned the manga.

If this has all been a misunderstanding, I apologize.

You seemed pretty confident that the characters would develop, so I just wanted to be charitable and assume that you were saying what you were because you knew something about events that anime-watchers didn't.

If this has all been a misunderstanding, I apologize.

I just said if you feels not right just stop watch it,it's normal to do that
From what i seeing,i bet episode 2 and 3 will also are introduction episode and don't think you will change the feel

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Encouragement of Climb had three minute episodes that were still pretty good and not just slapdash humor.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I just said if you feels not right just stop watch it,it's normal to do that

I don't really have the time anymore to subject myself to things I'm not enjoying so yeah, I'm putting this one on the shelf and the people who are in it for the cute can tell me in a few weeks if the characters get better.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just a follow up to the whole crunchyroll player being unstable. I switched over to Chrome (from FF) and it's running much smoother now. Might just move everything over if twitch gets faster as well.

Shergal

Wake up Girls is seriously the ugliest thing I've seen in a while. I mean damn
1389371733531.jpg
1389372260980.jpg

Just a follow up to the whole crunchyroll player being unstable. I switched over to Chrome (from FF) and it's running much smoother now. Might just move everything over if twitch gets faster as well.

I had that issue yesterday except with chrome. Player would barely load or not even load at all on Chrome or it would stop suddenly, switched to Firefox and it works smoothly and no issues. Probably just an issue with whatever build of Chrome I was on.

fertygo

Saki : Side-A - 11

Goddamn the Toki gal is so badass, she playing Mahjong like this is some serious shit to save the world.

raT3zOv.jpg

Mahjong game

Kuro need to realize already she wasting her super hax skillz.. wake up dumbass, you're the biggest hax on there.

cajunator

Banned
Therein lies the problem, it is almost literally a show about kissing girls and nothing else and I am supposed to just go along with that. No, not my style, not my style at all.

Thats what the other thousands of anime are for.

I'm seriously confused on what the people who hated Sakura Trick were actually expecting out of the show.

I was expecting a SoL with cute girls and a ton of kissing, and that exactly what I got. And it was glorious.

See this fellow knows!

Satsuki Kiryuin, DUH.

My WMG is that Sagi herself is Lil' Slugger.

Any other theories? One of the episodes in Paranoia Agent has been called one of the best episodes in anime. Im not sure it deserves THAT much praise but its a really good one.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

Jex

LOL

In other words, after kicking around various ideas for a year they finally said fuck it let's just do a straight adaptation.

Perhaps there hands have been forced in that direction. It will be interesting to see if the creative vision of the staff has been negatively affected by the protracted production cycle, among other difficulties.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Perhaps there hands have been forced in that direction. It will be interesting to see if the creative vision of the staff has been negatively affected by the protracted production cycle, among other difficulties.
To be honest, a straight manga adaptation is a pretty good default. It's not like we haven't gotten original interpretations already.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They should have done a retelling from the perspective of Tuxedo Mask.

Like 20 minutes of him doing random slice of life shit and then 1 minute of him saving the day that you saw in a previous episode.

CorvoSol

Getter Robo 23

In this episode Joho, Musashi's lumpy-headed junior, meets some wacky scientist with a doofy little robot of his own. Joho gets wrapped up in helping him, and things go wrong when jerkass scientist man starts causing trouble at the Saotome Getter Labs when the Dinosaurs are attacking. Jerkass scientist slaps Joho so hard in this episode it leaves big, red welts. Honestly the violence in Getter Robo is amazingly barbaric. People are downright vicious to each other in this show and yet never really get punished for it or called out on it. In many ways the humans are not any better than the Dinosaurs.

The point of the episode, though, it seems, was to drive a rift between Musashi and his junior, Joho. Possibly to show that while Musashi is normally the butt of the joke, he isn't above picking on people himself.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This too. I'm a bit surprised it was completely ignored. Perhaps Right Stuf/Nozomi or someone will get around to it in a few years' time.
lol
It's probably too expensive for anyone here given that it would basically bomb hard.

Nozomi might really be the only choice, but they'd only get the DVD rights.

Branduil

It's probably too expensive for anyone here given that it would basically bomb hard.

Nozomi might really be the only choice, but they'd only get the DVD rights.

The shocking thing is that it was never even licensed for streaming. Why does KyoAni hate their best work so much?

CorvoSol

SDF Macross 28

1st Lt. Hikaru Ichijo is a living piece of shit who doesn't deserve the affections of a lady as awesome as Misa Hayase.

Kaifun is whatever is worse than a living piece of shit for continuing to ride the coattails of his cousin and using her to foment unrest and hatred of a military force which made every effort to save the human race the face of an invasion force hell-bent on destroying the world. Like for reals, Kaifun pissed his fucking pants when he heard how many ships were coming to destroy the Earth, and now he's back to hating on the military, even though the military not only successfully saved the human race, but also succeeded in negotiating a peace with the Zentradi. I don't know what the fuck he wants, other than to tell starving people not to eat food coming from the military. I hate Hikaru, but hatred is too weak a word for this bastard.

EDIT: No, Minmay, Kaifun isn't different. You're just finally realizing what a selfish asshole he is. The only new thing about him is now he''s coated his sleaze in a thick layer of alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom