• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
So what's worse, the new Golden Time OP or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMeAsfQ2ilQ

Definitely that abomination you just posted there.

Well, there's no way you plan to do a show with 3 minute episodes for anything other than a gag comedy.

Well thats true. Its unfortunate but Ill try to enjoy it anyway. At least the imouto is a cutie.

Just a follow up to the whole crunchyroll player being unstable. I switched over to Chrome (from FF) and it's running much smoother now. Might just move everything over if twitch gets faster as well.

It always crashes for me on Pc but not Ps3. Ive no idea why.

Aww yiss!

:D

Gazoinks

Speaking of Pupa, what's the deal with the bro's eye mark thing? When I saw the PVs I assumed it had to do with the curse, but nope. It's just there and no one thinks anything of it.

Jarmel

Banned
SDF Macross 28

1st Lt. Hikaru Ichijo is a living piece of shit who doesn't deserve the affections of a lady as awesome as Misa Hayase.

14352_Jack_Nicholson.gif

We aren't even there yet.

CorvoSol

14352_Jack_Nicholson.gif

We aren't even there yet.

How the fuck is he still hung up on her? It's been a YEAR since she turned him down onboard the Macross. How the fuck hasn't he hooked up with Misa? It's been a YEAR since he carried her out of her father's funeral grounds in his arms aboard his mech, looking like a goddamn hero. How the fuck has this happened? What kind of absolute moron does this sort of thing? God, somebody slap a fedora on Hikaru's head and make him bitch about the friendzone, because bastard has no appreciation for the woman in his life.

I mean for fuck's sake, she has a key to his apartment and comes over to it regularly. What grown ass man hangs pictures of the girl who, on national TV, told people she wasn't his girlfriend, and stares wistfully at pictures of her in an album when he has another woman coming over to his place all the fucking time.

Misa, girl, you need to find a better guy. I know
Focker's dead
and
Max is married
but frankly, even in his advanced age Captain Global is a better choice than Hikaru "WAH WHY DOESN'T MINMAY LOVE ME IS IT BECAUSE WE AREN'T RELATED?" Ichijo.

Jarmel

Banned
How the fuck is he still hung up on her? It's been a YEAR since she turned him down onboard the Macross. How the fuck hasn't he hooked up with Misa? It's been a YEAR since he carried her out of her father's funeral grounds in his arms aboard his mech, looking like a goddamn hero. How the fuck has this happened? What kind of absolute moron does this sort of thing? God, somebody slap a fedora on Hikaru's head and make him bitch about the friendzone, because bastard has no appreciation for the woman in his life.

I mean for fuck's sake, she has a key to his apartment and comes over to it regularly. What grown ass man hangs pictures of the girl who, on national TV, told people she wasn't his girlfriend, and stares wistfully at pictures of her in an album when he has another woman coming over to his place all the fucking time.

Misa, girl, you need to find a better guy. I know
Focker's dead
and
Max is married
but frankly, even in his advanced age Captain Global is a better choice than Hikaru "WAH WHY DOESN'T MINMAY LOVE ME IS IT BECAUSE WE AREN'T RELATED?" Ichijo.

When you see it, you will know rock bottom.

cajunator

Banned
It's time to bring back Nichijou.

The best KyoAni show in the past 5 years.

Please KyoAni :(

Im sure everyone can agree on this one.

Clearly they can just bundle both together and force desperate fans of either show to have to buy both. They won't have a choice.

I would buy this without a second thought.

You have the best avatar, Tylor is amazing.

You are so right! Tylor is a classic. Everyone should witness it.

Yamakan are you kidding me

See I can completely understand people hating on this because it is 100% laziness.

CorvoSol

Corvo, I'm going to enjoy your reading impressions of the 32+ episode range.

I really just don't know why anything is still happening in this show when it seems clear that the plot ended in episode 27. The Zentradi were defeated, the Earth was saved, Peace was achieved and the Love Triangle was ended. There is no reason for this show to go on, let alone to drag out these plot points.

Jarmel

Banned
I really just don't know why anything is still happening in this show when it seems clear that the plot ended in episode 27. The Zentradi were defeated, the Earth was saved, Peace was achieved and the Love Triangle was ended. There is no reason for this show to go on, let alone to drag out these plot points.

I actually enjoyed it, as it works as a sort of epilogue. Most shows would have ended at 27 and it's kinda interesting seeing the world rebuilding after the apocalypse.

cajunator

Banned
Speaking of Pupa, what's the deal with the bro's eye mark thing? When I saw the PVs I assumed it had to do with the curse, but nope. It's just there and no one thinks anything of it.

I was wondering too. I really hoped they would explain it but hes already like that. Its so weird.

Okay I've kind of recovered from my rage. Then I read about the manga and how it gets a new chapter every 6 months and how the mangaka is a sorry, depressed, lonely otaku obsessed with Idolmaster.

Anyway thats a topic for another day. Onto the movies!

KTaE0vN.gif

FUCK YOU GRIFFITH :(

CorvoSol

I actually enjoyed it, as it works as a sort of epilogue. Most shows would have ended at 27 and it's kinda interesting seeing the world rebuilding after the apocalypse.

Sure, I'll give you that. Though it could've been a second season. But this love triangle did not need continuing.

Branduil

The only thing that really bothers me in that gif is that the scarf looks like it's constantly changing shape. Does look more like a videogame cutscene than movie animation though.

Well that's because it is constantly changing shape.

It's hard enough to mix 3D and 2D objects in the same scene, mixing them on the same character is just asking for trouble. 2D animation is based on subjective lines and shading, while 3D animation is based on mathematical rules and precision. That's why it's still so hard to fake 2D animation with shaders, even with all the advances in computer animation. You can't fake an animator's intuition.

From the gifs some of it is looking breathtaking:

We'll see though. I still haven't welcomed our CG overlords unlike some people.

That highlights some of what I'm talking about though. The first .gif is heavily post-processed with blur and shaky-cam to hide the CG elements, and the best-looking part, the rended flesh and muscle, is traditionally animated. Same thing in the second .gif, the best looking part is the traditionally animated particle effects.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam 28

While I disagree with the assertion that MSG's villains are all MOTW, since frankly that's silly and false (Ramba Ral, Garma Zabi, Char Aznable, Lalah Soone, none of these were MOTW), I will agree that MOBILE ARMOR episodes are MOTW. I fucking hate Mobile Armor episodes.

That said, you can't always skip 'em, since in this episode we had some pretty big character developments for Kai.

Pooya

wake up girls some idols + episode 1 something

ok this was like 90 minutes of stuff, err it was something I guess. I had to fast forward through most of it. As far as visuals go, character designs are all same shit, maybe it's for realism like how all idols looks the same >.> it's really a problem here. Other characters are super generic too. Animation, well some scenes look alright then it goes QUALITY. I think the 1hour movie thing is like a bit better than the actual episode or maybe seeing it in 480p isn't as bad... Overall it's watchable I've seen worst, the problem is the bland content...

As for the content, this is way more lewder than idolmaster already, it's not even funny and looks like it's only getting more lewder too...

idolm@ster has nothing to worry about here overall...

Well that's because it is constantly changing shape.

It's hard enough to mix 3D and 2D objects in the same scene, mixing them on the same character is just asking for trouble. 2D animation is based on subjective lines and shading, while 3D animation is based on mathematical rules and precision. That's why it's still so hard to fake 2D animation with shaders, even with all the advances in computer animation. You can't fake an animator's intuition.

That highlights some of what I'm talking about though. The first .gif is heavily post-processed with blur and shaky-cam to hide the CG elements, and the best-looking part, the rended flesh and muscle, is traditionally animated. Same thing in the second .gif, the best looking part is the traditionally animated particle effects.

Yeah looks like the best parts are not cgi lol. The faces of characters seems really weird in CGI, makes them look robotic and kind of lifeless. I dunno but the anime looks to be better:

tumblr_m0tx89WZM81qanp7lo1_500.gif

Quasar

Wake up Girls 1 - yeah. Idols is not a genre for me. Not sure why I bothered.

Nourin 1 - maybe this will have the romance at a agricultural school I apparently desire that Silver Spoon apparently won't give me.

Strike the Blood 13 - its back with a fun starting episode.

CorvoSol

(See, for example, Okawa's book "The Next President: Spiritual Interviews with the Guardian Spirits of Newt Gingrich vs. Mitt Romney vs. Rick Santorum”, 2012)

Okay if you are the physical incarnation of God why do you need to speak to Mitt Romney's Guardian Angel about his bid for the Presidency? Unless it's like, to give that Guardian Angel commands, I dunno why this ability should be significant to an all knowing being.

EDIT: The Golden Laws is an interesting and simultaneously mind-rotting movie.

wonzo

Banned
Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, the entire scene in the second gif is hand drawn. It's also the single most visually striking part of what I've seen of the movie series (the first two.)

Ugh. All this talk about Sakura Trick makes me want to break my rule of not watching a show until the season is over. Watching 25 minutes of content once a week is such a frustrating way of consuming content. But at the same time this has been so devisive I feel I just have to know for myself. Maybe I'll just watch the first episode just for a taste and leave the rest until the series finishes up.

Branduil

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, the entire scene in the second gif is hand drawn. It's also the single most visually striking part of what I've seen of the movie series (the first two.)

It might be. A lot of the hand-drawn animation is "rotoscoped" over the CG models, so it's hard to know if they used them for that scene or not. Either way it obviously looks far better than the rest of the movie with CG soldiers and horses walking around.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
In your opinion.

Which you keep pushing on and on about.

We get it, you don't like it. Doesn't mean others can't like it.

No, I don't think I have been understood, oh yes, people get that I don't like it, but the defense so far leaves me seeing this show along side other pandering garbage. Also, the hate isn't going to stop, oh no, if there is anything that can keep me watching a show , it is a fanbase who keeps using the likability defense, so yea, looks like I am going to attempt to watch every episode of Sakura Trick, or at least attempt to before falling into a coma.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
No, I don't think I have been understood, oh yes, people get that I don't like it, but the defense so far leaves me seeing this show along side other pandering garbage. Also, the hate isn't going to stop, oh no, if there is anything that can keep me watching a show , it is a fanbase who keeps using the likability defense, so yea, looks like I am going to attempt to watch every episode of Sakura Trick, or at least attempt to before falling into a coma.

Seriously?

If you aren't enjoying a show on any level then you should probably just stop watching it. Watching a show only for the purposes of mocking other people who actually happening to be enjoying a show seems like the most petty thing ever.

Dresden

This post is unbearable. No one is stopping you from watching or commenting on a show, but talking about how you'll do it just to piss the fans off is as small and petty as it gets.

Linkark07

Banned
Strike the Blood 13 - Another girl to the harem of Koujou... or not? That ending. I wonder how will Himeragi react next episode.

Golden Time 13 - Can you please disappear Ghost Banri? Linda isn't honest with her feelings toward you and the new Banri is happy with Koko. Leave him alone.

Nagi no Asukara 14 - I knew we were going to have a timeskip. Chisaki looks great, same as Miuna. Tsumugu is still the same though. So the pairings will change now? I won't mind shipping Hikari and Miuna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom