• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
No, I don't think I have been understood, oh yes, people get that I don't like it, but the defense so far leaves me seeing this show along side other pandering garbage. Also, the hate isn't going to stop, oh no, if there is anything that can keep me watching a show , it is a fanbase who keeps using the likability defense, so yea, looks like I am going to attempt to watch every episode of Sakura Trick, or at least attempt to before falling into a coma.
It's fine to criticise something you're watching but this is just sad.

Quasar

Seriously?

If you aren't enjoying a show on any level then you should probably just stop watching it. Watching a show only for the purposes of mocking other people who actually happening to be enjoying a show seems like the most petty thing ever.

Indeed.

Surely you have enough stuff to watch that you like.Watching stuff you hate purely to rant online is well...talk about sad.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Seriously?

If you aren't enjoying a show on any level then you should probably just stop watching it. Watching a show only for the purposes of mocking other people who actually happening to be enjoying a show seems like the most petty thing ever.

Not the first time I have ever done it, probably will not be the last, the hate watch is on.

kewlmyc

Golden Time 13 - Ghost Banri is a petty piece of shit. He also has the powers to control one's destiny and the fucking weather but can't get his old body back? This shows writing is killing me...

CorvoSol

Seriously?

Making fun of the shows I hate is half the fun of anime for me.

Narag

Making fun of the shows I hate is half the fun of anime for me.

So this is why you're so reluctant to watch any show with magical girls.

82Xr1eAl.jpg

do it, corvo.

cajunator

Banned
Seriously?

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate SAO so much but if somebody wants to watch and enjoy it I wont tell them otherwise. I also refuse to hatewatch the secknd half :p

Seriously?

Exactly. I watch more anime than people might think, and if I get bored with it, I end up dropping it. I don't keep posting episode impressions on how bored I am. They'd just end up turning into that Nostalgia Critic song.

82Xr1eAl.jpg

do it, corvo.

So... it's a magical girl show with Ninjas and Electric guitars? I'm confused.

CorvoSol

So this is why you're so reluctant to watch any show with magical girls.

Oh clearly. I choose not to watch Precure and Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha and Pretty Flower Deluxe Space Princess not because I find no interest in the genre, but because I secretly love magical girl shows far, far too much to hate on and therefore can see no reason to watch them publicly, lest I lose my reputation as a curmudgeonly carrion bird.

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate SAO so much but if somebody wants to watch and enjoy it I wont tell them otherwise. I also refuse to hatewatch the secknd half :p

I absolutely will tell someone not to watch SAO. I'll probably start mail-bombing CNet's PM boxes telling him not to watch it. I'll furrow my brows and shake my fists and stamp my feet until he stops liking what I don't like, by golly!

Er, I mean I try to persuade others not to watch it, but they're as free to like it as I am to hate it.

I can be trusted though!!

I dunno, I mean, I seem to recall you didn't hate Gundam AGE strongly enough.

And the sad bar is raised.

Salad bars are delicious man.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Seriously?

I was reading up from the bottom of the page and read this post from someone else quoting it, and I knew right away you were referring to Shard.

And you know what? This is the same bullshit Shard did with Watamote, and it seriously comes off as purposely trolling people who like something that he doesn't. Like Dresden said, it's petty as fuck.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh clearly. I choose not to watch Precure and Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha and Pretty Flower Deluxe Space Princess not because I find no interest in the genre, but because I secretly love magical girl shows far, far too much to hate on and therefore can see no reason to watch them publicly, lest I lose my reputation as a curmudgeonly carrion bird.
Clearly!

To be more serious, though, Precure taken as a whole is fairly pedestrian and Nanoha is fake magical girl so sterile of relationships you can conduct surgery on it. If you were going to be watching anything, I wouldn't recommend you consider those.

CorvoSol

Anime is the salad bar without a sneeze guard.

You gotta live on the edge, man. Is that snot or vinagrette? Taste it, find out, and then tell EVERY SINGLE PERSON WITHIN THE SOUND OF YOUR VOICE ABOUT ITS FLAVOR.

This is the way of the Corvo.

It's like a learning experience.

History has justified my utter lack of disdain since you've experienced what truly terrible Gundam is since then.

I know what it means to be drawn and quartered alive. Doesn't mean being buried alive isn't a horrible way to go.

Gazoinks

When I found out that Chiaki Konaka did scripts for Tutu, my interest increased substantially (although I'd already had good things). Backlogs are fuuuuuun.

When I found out that Chiaki Konaka did scripts for Tutu, my interest increased substantially (although I'd already had good things). Backlogs are fuuuuuun.

Added to backlog.

I haven't watched any anime at all this week. I think I'll start with Tonari no Seki-kun, since it's short.

Also, I think I'm gonna order Texhnolyze and Pani Poni Dash. I don't want to watch Pani Poni streaming, since they've only got the dub. :/

Quasar

You gotta live on the edge, man. Is that snot or vinagrette? Taste it, find out, and then tell EVERY SINGLE PERSON WITHIN THE SOUND OF YOUR VOICE ABOUT ITS FLAVOR.

This is the way of the Corvo.

But do you return every day and eat the salad just to tell people how terrible it is?

I was reading up from the bottom of the page and read this post from someone else quoting it, and I knew right away you were referring to Shard.

And you know what? This is the same bullshit Shard did with Watamote, and it seriously comes off as purposely trolling people who like something that he doesn't. Like Dresden said, it's petty as fuck.

His initial comment was kinda dumb but I'm all for making fun of people that liked Watamote. I thought that show was garbage.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
His initial comment was kinda dumb but I'm all for making fun of people that liked Watamote. I thought that show was garbage.

Making fun of people who like anything is a pretty bullshit move, especially in a thread that is ostensibly supposed to be a community of sorts. GAF is supposed to be better than that.

cnet128

Banned
Sakura Trick 1

Yeah okay, this does seem a little disappointingly bland outside of the whole girls-kissing-girls hook. So it's a good thing I really, really like girls kissing girls. <3

I like the way they seem to have paired up all six of the girls within about five minutes of introducing them. Now that's what I call efficiency.

Shizuku appears to be the cutest girl. Yuu is second-cutest, but seems a little too disinterested in the whole yuri kissing thing for my liking. MC is super-generic, has too much :chet, and isn't particularly cute, but I do at least appreciate her pure and passionate love for Yuu.

Also my god that jump was amazing XD

Jintor

The
mutiny stuff
was actually foreshadowed several times in the episodes leading to it.

The biggest hint was earlier on where
we see Niimi speaking to the security chief that seemed to be up to something while she was drinking from her Izumo project cup.
we also learn what the project was in earlier episodes with scenes involving Niimi
still pursuing a suitable migration planet.
It didn't come out of nowhere but I would agree that the plan itself was dumb.
Though if you are not convinced that Iskandar has any intention to actually help and believe the Izumo plan is the only other option I can understand part of the logic. Except there is no way Garmillas wouldn't follow them and destroy their new settlement.

There was actually multiple instances of foreshadowing before the plan was put into action.

I didn't say it wasn't foreshadowed, I said it wasn't well-established.
As i mentioned, the security forces were only seen in Episode 9 and their numbers were only glimpsed, so I wasn't convinced that they would've been large enough to take over the ship; secondly, there was little to no discussion of the Izumo plan's existence or of any dissent regarding the Yamato plan to the point where I believed that a mutiny really could've occured, since most of what we saw was the bridge crew being mission-focused. While the ringleaders etc. discussed the plan, and there was a lot of meeting in darkened rooms stuff, I didn't feel it was conveyed that the muscle behind the rebellion either existed or was convincingly on board.

CorvoSol

But do you return every day and eat the salad just to tell people how terrible it is?

Sometimes, sure. I don't often quit shows that I find spectacularly awful. It's the spectacle, really. I mean, "How awful can it be?" is basically what kept the Ripley's Believe it or Not show on the air, if not all of reality television. It isn't noble or whatever, but it sure as heck is fun taking pot shots at shows I think are bad.

When it isn't fun, I quit it. That's why I dropped Victory Gundam- because unlike AGE or 00, it wasn't even fun to hate on it. Same with Rah Xephon.

I also occasionally drop shows because they don't look like anything I want. Samurai Flamenco and Speed Grapher are both shows I didn't get very far in because I saw no real reason to.

I recommended Kiddy Grade silly.

True, true. If you have more speculative science fiction, I'll trust you on that.

Speaking of, I suppose Kiddy Grade sort of counts as a Magical Girl show.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hmm, well, Precure Max Heart is only fun to hate on in hindsight. Actually watching it is torture.

What you want is a show that's fun to hate on as you're watching it!

On the rarer than finding a shiny Pokemon chance that you DO decide to watch Nanoha(it's good, but watch Kino first), make sure you stick with the movies, because they're perfect for those unfamiliar with the franchise, as they don't have to sit through S1 Nanoha's filler.

Just throwing that out there.

No, it's just full of awesome.

What kind of awesome? The heaven-piercing Gurren Lagann kind of awesome? The Hunter X Hunter kind of awesome that's also insanely dark? The Nanoha kind of awesome where girls fly through the sky shooting lasers at each other?

Sakura Trick 1

Yeah okay, this does seem a little disappointingly bland outside of the whole girls-kissing-girls hook. So it's a good thing I really, really like girls kissing girls. <3

I like the way they seem to have paired up all six of the girls within about five minutes of introducing them. Now that's what I call efficiency.

Shizuku appears to be the cutest girl. Yuu is second-cutest, but seems a little too disinterested in the whole yuri kissing thing for my liking. MC is super-generic, has too much :chet, and isn't particularly cute, but I do at least appreciate her pure and passionate love for Yuu.

Also my god that jump was amazing XD

Personally, it was a bit rushed in regards to sectioning off really fast like that. But eh. 4komas and whatnot.

cajunator

Banned
Sometimes, sure. I don't often quit shows that I find spectacularly awful. It's the spectacle, really. I mean, "How awful can it be?" is basically what kept the Ripley's Believe it or Not show on the air, if not all of reality television. It isn't noble or whatever, but it sure as heck is fun taking pot shots at shows I think are bad.

When it isn't fun, I quit it. That's why I dropped Victory Gundam- because unlike AGE or 00, it wasn't even fun to hate on it. Same with Rah Xephon.

I also occasionally drop shows because they don't look like anything I want. Samurai Flamenco and Speed Grapher are both shows I didn't get very far in because I saw no real reason to.

True, true. If you have more speculative science fiction, I'll trust you on that.

Speaking of, I suppose Kiddy Grade sort of counts as a Magical Girl show.

AHAAAAA!!

jediyoshi

Wake Up, Girls! 1

QlIUmkp.png

tfYhgXz.png

Didn't realize I should've watched the movie first.

Have only watched love live for idol shows but I prefer the tone of this, something a bit more grounded and not already mirroring idol packaging. Also, the pantsu shots are silly as hell but I can forgive it for not having cg sequences.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
On the rarer than finding a shiny Pokemon chance that you DO decide to watch Nanoha(it's good, but watch Kino first), make sure you stick with the movies, because they're perfect for those unfamiliar with the franchise, as they don't have to sit through S1 Nanoha's filler.

Just throwing that out there.
No, the first movie had awful pacing that didn't let anything breathe at all. I may not be big on Nanoha, but the TV show was much better than the movie.

It's also only 13 episodes. You should be ashamed for saying "filler".

CorvoSol

Magic Sensou 1

Opening: Passable.
Ending: Surprisingly like it.

Only an episode in and I already think blond girl is best girl.

Not very big on main girl though. Actually might hate her for feeling so generic.

MC seems useful so that's nice and his friend seems interesting enough if he appears often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom