• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
A Pup Named Scooby Doo taught me what a red herring was. Somehow.

redherring.jpg

cnet128

Banned
Nagi no Asukara 14

What the hell just happened? Weren't they all
supposed to freeze to death? Did the Sea God get lazy and just freeze the sea and forgot about the surface?

Well, from the looks of it
I think the freezing is starting from the sea and slowly spreading to the surface. Hence all the snow and the talk of unnatural climate shifts and stuff. Presumably if it keeps growing worse, it will wipe out the humans on the surface eventually while the sea people in hibernation will survive.

On the other hand, Hikari randomly being released from hibernation back up to the surface after just a few years certainly doesn't seem to fit in with the supposed plan, so perhaps the Ocean God is having second thoughts and reversing the freezing ahead of schedule? Or indeed he sort-of listened to their wishes and decided to just freeze the sea and not the surface after all? (If he really accepted Manaka as a sacrifice, these would certainly be reasonable things to do, but who knows...)

But more importantly this means that Hikari x Chisaki has a legit chance of winning. THE DREAM IS ALIVE.

Sounds more like a nightmare.

Who could say no to these eyes?

ibtwt6XpCIQ3Px.gif

I think I'd be scared off by that GIF artifacting on their faces. Doesn't look healthy.

cnet128

Banned
Kill la Kill 13

Bahahahahahaha
Nui you utter magnificent bastard you. I love this girl. Great villain.

Nice episode. Shit certainly going down. Lord knows what will happen now.

Not yet there isn't. Hotaro is unmotivated to solve mysteries and sarcastic about events. Shaggy. Chitanda is the rich girl. Daphne. Chitanda was literally called a dog in this episode. Scooby. Mayaka is snarky. Velma. Satoshi is the only guy interested in these mysteries and therefore Freddie.

I've actually been time traveling today. My bedroom got sucked into the 90s this afternoon, and I made a pit stop several minutes in the future before returning to my own time.

To be fair, I was thinking more of deeper connections that kind of exist already where you're at.

cnet128

Banned
pupa 1

As expected, I hate hate hate the short episode length. It's stupid as fuck. If only they could at least have made the episodes more like ten minutes instead of four (even if it meant halving the number of episodes!) it would feel much more reasonable than the tiny chunks we're getting.

That said, the pacing felt about as good as it could possibly be in such a limited space of time, and this minuscule episode still managed to leave quite the impression. Dat body horror. Will stick with this.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sakura Trick - 01

AhIvDo7.png

BASED DEEN WITH THE PURITY!!!

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely wonderful first episode and definitely a contender for my anime of the season. Loved the chemistry between Yuu and Haruka and how their first kiss came to be... their awkward pauses, shuffling back and forth before taking the plunge... adorable!!! Haruka using her playful nature to get what she wanted from Yuu had me fist pumping so hard over here! I definitely got some HidaSketch vibes as someone else mentioned before, which again is a great thing (watch HidaSketch if you haven't already, seriously) and I'm so jazzed to see that there appears to be two more pairings for us to gush over. HELL YES TO MORE SHIPS!

GAUgzMP.gif

Working for what felt like an eternity to come home and watch this was so worth it. Sooooooooo worth it. Winter Anime status: SAVED.

Quasar

Nourin 1

Teacher of the season.

Teacher of the year.

Would call her best girl of the season but saying that to a
year old may seem a little awkward.

She is pretty awesome. I'm not even sure who her competition as best teacher would be if you think about the past year.

She might be as awesome as the teacher from Nogizaki.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Strike the Blood 13

Am I the only one still watching this? :lol I was actually considering dropping it to make room in my schedule for Winter stuff, but I guess I've kinda grown a bit attached to the characters, so in the line-up it stays.

Good episode and good start to a new arc. Kojou's harem just keeps on growing. Though I have to say, I really do like how the show keeps picking up new characters with each arc (even if their only purpose is to increase the size of Kojou's harem). Also, glad to see Astarte actually has a purpose/dialogue in this arc. She's been terribly underused thus far.

And dat twist at the end.
Did not see a body swap coming.

Also what the fuck @ no new OP. I had three shows I was expecting to get new OPs, and of those three, only Golden Time did, and it's fucking awful. Dammit.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
She is pretty awesome. I'm not even sure who her competition as best teacher would be if you think about the past year.

Naruko Yokoshima from Seitokai Yakuindomo. She counts since she is a teacher and their advisor.

Kill la Kill 13

Bahahahahahaha
Nui you utter magnificent bastard you. I love this girl. Great villain.

Nice episode. Shit certainly going down. Lord knows what will happen now.

I loved how
it seemed like Imaishi was going to take this story in a similar Gurren Lagann-esque direction. I mean, it was kind of scary how close it was. The only difference was in Gurren Lagann this process took three episodes before it was resolved. Main character in a depressed state after traumatic event? Check. Potential love interest telling her to cheer up and continue her fight and be herself? Check. Main character getting confidence back and returning to battle in a badass fashion? Check.

It's like he knew that's what we were looking for in this show and that would be the perfect time for such a twist. That was damn brilliant.

Branduil

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - 15

Dang, I wasn't expecting
Desler's assassination. Assuming he's actually dead, LOL. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a ruse.
Also, that was an extremely convenient message.

And was Niimi trying to seduce Shima or what?

Nobunaga the Fool - 1

Classic Kawamori trainwreck in the making. I hope this gets so ridiculous that it actually makes it on The List.

The great voice cast is just icing on the cake.

Sakura Trick - 01

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely wonderful first episode and definitely a contender for my anime of the season. Loved the chemistry between Yuu and Haruka and how their first kiss came to be... their awkward pauses, shuffling back and forth before taking the plunge... adorable!!! Haruka using her playful nature to get what she wanted from Yuu had me fist pumping so hard over here! I definitely got some HidaSketch vibes as someone else mentioned before, which again is a great thing (watch HidaSketch if you haven't already, seriously) and I'm so jazzed to see that there appears to be two more pairings for us to gush over. HELL YES TO MORE SHIPS!

GAUgzMP.gif

Working for what felt like an eternity to come home and watch this was so worth it. Sooooooooo worth it. Winter Anime status: SAVED.

Somehow, I had a feeling you'd like it ;).

cnet128

Banned
Golden Time 13

Die, Ghost Banri. Just die, OK?

And on the subject of things that should die, MY GOD you guys weren't kidding about the new OP being awful. I mean, seriously, everyone was complaining about it, but I thought you must have been exaggerating, it couldn't be that bad. Turns out it wasn't that bad, it was worse. I am unable to comprehend how anyone even began to think that was a good idea. How did everyone responsible for this track not get immediately fired and replaced with people who aren't sadists who desire nothing but to inflict suffering upon the ears of the world? If this is a joke, it isn't funny. Just bring back the old OP. Or replace it with static. Or silence. Or the screams of dying kittens. Please. Anything but this.

Aside from Ghost Banri and the OP, this was a nice episode. Kouko love. Banri should be slapped for
not kissing her
though.

Jarmel

Banned
I loved how
it seemed like Imaishi was going to take this story in a similar Gurren Lagann-esque direction. I mean, it was kind of scary how close it was. The only difference was in Gurren Lagann this process took three episodes before it was resolved. Main character in a depressed state after traumatic event? Check. Potential love interest telling her to cheer up and continue her fight and be herself? Check. Main character getting confidence back and returning to battle in a badass fashion? Check.

It's like he knew that's what we were looking for in this show and that would be the perfect time for such a twist. That was damn brilliant.

Problem is that Ryuuko is still a shitty lead and instead of trying to correct the problem and develop Ryuuko as a character, they waste another episode to play one big 'gotcha' on the audience.
All the lines Nui did critizing Ryuuko were dead on and just when it looks like Ryuuko might be stepping out and actually having a real reason to fight, she gets put back in her place.

The episode might have been fine if we weren't at the halfway point and Ryuuko wasn't still in the same circling pattern character-wise that she's been in since episode 3.

Cwarrior

Sailor Moon 201X is now...

SAILOR MOON 2014. July 2014, to be exact.

Directed by Munehisa Sakai, who is unquestionably Toei's current best mahou shoujo talent (because let's face it, Rie Matsumoto isn't going to be allowed out of her cage for a looooong time now.)

It's real.

there wasteing a talented director like munehisa saki on some super reptitive formalic toy ad bullshit, that's a darn shame.

salior moon deserves a crap director like ikahara, saki is a million times more talented then him.

If you want to know what Sakai is cabable of, animegaf go watch this weeks episode of one piece on toonami it's directed by Sakai and animtion director is Takeo ide.

Strike the Blood 13

Am I the only one still watching this? :lol I was actually considering dropping it to make room in my schedule for Winter stuff, but I guess I've kinda grown a bit attached to the characters, so in the line-up it stays.

Good episode and good start to a new arc. Kojou's harem just keeps on growing. Though I have to say, I really do like how the show keeps picking up new characters with each arc (even if their only purpose is to increase the size of Kojou's harem). Also, glad to see Astarte actually has a purpose/dialogue in this arc. She's been terribly underused thus far.

And dat twist at the end.
Did not see a body swap coming.

Also what the fuck @ no new OP. I had three shows I was expecting to get new OPs, and of those three, only Golden Time did, and it's fucking awful. Dammit.

Still watching! It's pretty terrible but at the same time I somehow I enjoy it. My guilty pleasure of the season.

jediyoshi

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions 9, 10

cSYyOiy.png

eVHNjgN.png

Guess I better savor how Nibutani looks while I still can.

Pretty obvious conclusion for the will they/won't they arc.

wonzo

Banned
there wasteing a talented director like munehisa saki on some super reptitive formalic toy ad bullshit, that's a darn shame.

salior moon deserves a crap director like ikahara, saki is a million times more talented then him.

If you want to know what Sakai is cabable of, animegaf go watch this weeks episode of one piece on toonami it's directed by Sakai and animtion director is Takeo ide.
/​
troll.png

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

0/10 Too obvious, and trying too hard.

Ranma 1/2 Ep 25 - 26
BdqdHg7CUAAOxYv.png

Ranma gets thrown in so many weird and hilarious situations, and every character always has their silly quirk to make things even more funny, a magnifying glass even. Chestnuts roasting revised was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom