• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to know what the name of that song was in episodes 3 and 11 of Kill la Kill cause when that song played it was amaaazing.

You know, the one that
played when Ryuko fully transformed for the first time and when she was blasting away Nonon.

I hope you're ready for disappointment.

Utena Episode 13
BdqyS1_CUAAPXbW.png
Didnt think we really needed a recap episode but it at least did cover the episode I missed on the backstory with the abandoned box being washed away and what not.

I wonder why the preview was never dubbed...

So Princes Tutu = FLCL?
One thing i learned from 2 people posting the same picture is that not enouhg people saw pincess Tutu.

Speaking of, I suppose Kiddy Grade sort of counts as a Magical Girl show.
But did you see the sequel "Kiddy girl and" ?
You'll then see trully what a magical show this universe can become in the wrong hands.

Gintama - 25

Ok, this bad OP was worth the hllarity in this episode.

I wasn't lied to.
And this is where gintama goes from good/great to legendary.
Episode 25 ... never forget.

Sakura Trick - 01

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely wonderful first episode and definitely a contender for my anime of the season. Loved the chemistry between Yuu and Haruka and how their first kiss came to be... their awkward pauses, shuffling back and forth before taking the plunge... adorable!!! Haruka using her playful nature to get what she wanted from Yuu had me fist pumping so hard over here! I definitely got some HidaSketch vibes as someone else mentioned before, which again is a great thing (watch HidaSketch if you haven't already, seriously) and I'm so jazzed to see that there appears to be two more pairings for us to gush over. HELL YES TO MORE SHIPS!

GAUgzMP.gif

Working for what felt like an eternity to come home and watch this was so worth it. Sooooooooo worth it. Winter Anime status: SAVED.
I knew you would like it ...let us wait together for the grail , each week.

Golden Time 13

Die, Ghost Banri. Just die, OK?
He can't he is already dead... he need to be exorcised ! someone need to call the closest shrine head priest ASAP !

And on the subject of things that should die, MY GOD you guys weren't kidding about the new OP being awful. I mean, seriously, everyone was complaining about it, but I thought you must have been exaggerating, it couldn't be that bad. Turns out it wasn't that bad, it was worse. I am unable to comprehend how anyone even began to think that was a good idea. How did everyone responsible for this track not get immediately fired and replaced with people who aren't sadists who desire nothing but to inflict suffering upon the ears of the world? If this is a joke, it isn't funny. Just bring back the old OP. Or replace it with static. Or silence. Or the screams of dying kittens. Please. Anything but this.
I found the openiing sound very dull and somewhat boring , especially after the first one. i was trully disapointed but i didn't find it "that" horrible. Maybe i was too focused on koko to notice the lyrics.
Aside from Ghost Banri and the OP, this was a nice episode. Kouko love. Banri should be slapped for
not kissing her
though.
Kouko dat best .... it's intresting when she appeared as a antagonist force messing things up at first , and getting in the way of everyone character develloppement , when now it's th e total opposite..she is preventing the whole show from sinking by herself.

saint seiya omega ends in march sailor moon redux starts in July chances are you guys get those guys and also no natoshi shida transformation for you guys his busy working on toriko vs stajun now after being done with doki precure....har har har.

Sain seya ends in march ? Is it confirmed ? i might need to watch the episodes i have left then maybe they will manage to salvage this horrible character

CorvoSol

Harime's theme is pretty damned amazing.
So cute and evil. God I love her.

She does seem your kind of villain.

As long as you don't understand German.

I find that music is actually more enjoyable when I don't understand it. Why would I listen to music in English and Portuguese?

Utena Episode 13

Didnt think we really needed a recap episode but it at least did cover the episode I missed on the backstory with the abandoned box being washed away and what not.

I wonder why the preview was never dubbed...

Because the dub is shit?

You'll then see trully what a magical show this universe can become in the wrong hands.

I'm pretty sure Cajun expressly forbade me from ever watching Kiddy Grade And.

cajunator

Banned
One thing i learned from 2 people posting the same picture is that not enouhg people saw pincess Tutu.

Doooont even joke about Kiddy Girl And >_

She does seem your kind of villain.

I find that music is actually more enjoyable when I don't understand it. Why would I listen to music in English and Portuguese?

Because the dub is shit?

I love you Corvy. Dont watch Kiddy Girl And.
And I dont mean wink wink watch it. I mean DONT WATCH IT.

CorvoSol

Like I said, Cajun expressly forbade me from watching it. I will trust Cajun on what Magical Space Girl shows should never be seen.

Doooont even joke about Kiddy Girl And >_

I love you Corvy. Dont watch Kiddy Girl And.
And I dont mean wink wink watch it. I mean DONT WATCH IT.

I guess i need to throw this info here.

KGA has a not so good opening scene , a total disrespect for the previous main heroine , weak new heroines , an uneven and dull plot and some pathetic escuse of a main vilain , way below anything you'd imagine after seeing the first season.

Cajun probably didn't find any instance of "cute" in it either , despite the fact that they tried very hard.

If i have to compare it to a failed sequel , i'd say that it's very slightly better than eureka seven AO ? ( when you compare them to their originals )

And no corvo ,
no final retcons at the end to destroy this out of existence

Jarmel

Banned
Mushishi 21-

ibavxNZ4L1WmjR.jpg

Please understand.

So I actually really liked this episode because it broke the routine in a lot of ways. Shit goes wrong from the getgo and keeps spiraling all the way down. I also thought this episode was disturbing in a way some of the other episodes attempted and didn't really pull off. Some of Ginko's dialogue in this was also really good as the Mushi had tried to argue back, which was nice.

Burn it with fire.

cajunator

Banned
I guess i need to throw this info here.

KGA has a not so good opening scene , a total disrespect for the previous main heroine , weak new heroines , an uneven and dull plot and some pathetic escuse of a main vilain , way below anything you'd imagine after seeing the first season.

Cajun probably didn't find any instance of "cute" in it either , despite the fact that they tried very hard.

If i have to compare it to a failed sequel , i'd say that it's very slightly better than eureka seven AO ? ( when you compare them to their originals )

And no corvo ,
no final retcons at the end to destroy this out of existence

correct. the art style is messed up. Everything is wrong. Its all wrong. Kiddy Grade was so good. WHY?

Future Card Buddyfight Episode 2 (engDUB)
tumblr_mz7xtfNgoc1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mz7xtfNgoc1qbxqfpo2_500.png

I love how they do the life points in this as well as the battles having them be pretty animated and such with the camera angle changes, or even the player running to the field. Dragons make the added benefit of all the aerial acrobatics and such too with the drill even. Rather exciting and the battles are even rivaling that of some of Cardfight!! Vanguards best. And on that note some of the similarities are present in terms of some of the terminology (still calling cards to the field), some of the cards still seem inspired from them (someone on the staff loves "dragonic" cards) and a few minor things.

Had expected Gao to lose not for Tasuku, though with Tasuku getting all that coverage in the ed, I wonder if at some point he and Gao and maybe the next character in the ed, and Baku (best deck builder), will have to all be on the same team and take on other challenges/save the world

cajunator

Banned
This must be how Corvy felt about E7AO. Except at least that has Elena in it.
KGA had a bunch of bitchy unlikeable girls who couldnt hold Eclair's lipstick.

Narag

Attack on Titan 21

It's a shame there weren't more episodes like this or the wonderfully oppresive horror episodes. Too much jank and bad pacing for the show to overcome even with highs like these.

CorvoSol

This must be how Corvy felt about E7AO. Except at least that has Elena in it.
KGA had a bunch of bitchy unlikeable girls who couldnt hold Eclair's lipstick.

AO felt like waking up one morning and finding out your wife is a man who is a soviet spy who cut off your dick who fed it to your dog who choked to death on it who made your children watch, skinned your mother alive, painted a portrait of your dad on her rib and then shanked you with it in the prison showers while demanding to know why you don't love all the changes it just made to its life.

It's a known fact that 10/10 damned souls choose to burn in Hell for eternity before being made to go through AO.

AO is the Vietnam of anime. I still get flashbacks. Pocket Full of Rainbows, too.

yami4ct

Ok, so before I talk about Eva 3.0, I want to get one thing out the way first. I had the extreme pleasure of seeing the Wind Rises trailer before my screening of Eva. Holy crap. That might be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I've seen it before, but having it there on the big screen was a completely different experience. It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. That trailer alone honestly sort of outdid anything Eva 3.0 had (I only mean that as a mild slight). I don't care how far I have to travel to see that on the big screen, I'll do it.

Evangelion 3.0 (Theatrical Rewatch)

I went into this film really expecting the few things I liked about this film to completely disappear on a second viewing. I expected to fall into completely hating it after a second go around. Strangely, I actually ended up liking it more. On a second viewing, the film made way more sense. I could actually follow the plot. That's not saying what's there is great, it's not, but the stuff I liked the first time was able to shine through even more now that I didn't have to piece together what the hell was going on.

There's something about the world this film creates that I really enjoy. It actually feels like a natural extension of what the Eva TV show did. It's really great to see these characters put into these new situations. A lot of what makes this world work, though, is purely through the animation. The apocalyptic landscapes were absolutely stunning. I also really dug the way everything feels cobbled together. All the mechanics feel put together with duck tape and glue. It creates a sense of desolation and desperation that really plays in the film's' favor.

Now onto the negatives, and there are a lot of them. While most of the animation looks amazing, some of the CG really, really stood out on the big screen. This was especially true of the opening seen. Anytime they had mechanics that weren't Evas (I.E. Rocket Boosters), they looked way out of place. The writing was also really, really atrocious at times. The dialogue was pretty universally god awful. The scenes between Kawrou and Shinji were particularly cringe worthy. Anno really wants to hit home certain ideas, and he could not be more direct and unsubtle about it. It feels so unnatural. The techno and metaphysical babble gets way, way out of hand here. When it's used in the show, it makes sense. Here, it feels all thrown together to make the film seem way more deep than it actually is. There's also the existence of Mari, who represents everything wrong with Anno's style of writing. She's just absolutely terrible and meaningless.

Ultimately, it feels like Anno desperately wants to recreate the shock and awe of EoE, but has nothing new to say. It makes the film feel vapid and empty. It loses track of most everything that made Eva great. Still, I enjoyed the film for the sheer craziness of it all. I really like that I have no idea where the story's going next. That true surprise isn't something you get often from films. Combine that with the fact that world building is something Anno seems to still be able to do really will, and it's just enough to keep me liking this film series. Sure, it's no masterwork by any measure, but there's something really fun about it still.

Jarmel

Banned
AO felt like waking up one morning and finding out your wife is a man who is a soviet spy who cut off your dick who fed it to your dog who choked to death on it who made your children watch, skinned your mother alive, painted a portrait of your dad on her rib and then shanked you with it in the prison showers while demanding to know why you don't love all the changes it just made to its life.

It's a known fact that 10/10 damned souls choose to burn in Hell for eternity before being made to go through AO.

AO is the Vietnam of anime. I still get flashbacks. Pocket Full of Rainbows, too.

Trying a bit too hard there.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 27

They all lost in the same way. Lame. And I thought Mizuki and the headmistress and such would scold Ichigo for her performance, since Mizuki pretty much wiped the floor with her and such.

Also a slumber party.

yami4ct

I actually felt like that was one of the least over the top things I've ever said about those shows. I never really know.

The show remains the worst anime I have ever seen ever.

AO's bad. It's really, really bad. I'm not sure I can call it the worst I've ever seen, though. I can't name exactly what I'd consider even worse, but I certainly feel like I've watched something even more hate inducing somewhere down the line.

CorvoSol

AO's bad. It's really, really bad. I'm not sure I can call it the worst I've ever seen, though. I can't name exactly what I'd consider even worse, but I certainly feel like I've watched something even more hate inducing somewhere down the line.

I've hated a lot of things in my time, but AO, Arjuna, and PFoR are the only anime I have ever felt hated me back.

CorvoSol

Either Undulation: The Show or Retcannon holds the title for me personally, but yes I definitely can understand.

Now, if you wanted to see me trying too hard I'd write a long post about why E7AO is a hate crime. THAT I would call trying too hard.

yami4ct

You know what? I'd probably call Gundam 00:A Wakening of the Trailblazer the worst anime I've seen I think. Man, now that one's such a damn travesty.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Started watching Log Horizon - anime where everyone is inexplicably trapped inside an MMORPG for some reason.

If you've ever played MMORPGS before, this show is pretty funny.

Jarmel

Banned
Mushishi 22-

This is another one I liked just because it ended rather peacefully. The Mushi wasn't doing anything harmful, but rather something beneficial for the community. I really enjoy the show when it doesn't stick to its format but rather branches out.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i click view post and it is worse than i could ever imagine. i guess that will teach me.

correct. the art style is messed up. Everything is wrong. Its all wrong. Kiddy Grade was so good. WHY?
WHy? simple

1-They didn't keep the old heroines close..they used bullshit plot device when they could have keep the old heroine close ( as mentors maybe ? or busy doing meaningfull things or cover-ops ).
2- As result of (1) , only tweedledee and tweedledum got any significance of appearance time that was worthy of anything
3- They trully failed to continue to expand on the numerous problems introduced by kiddy grade that weren't solved (yet) or began to change with KG ending. Instead the reused the same plot , only with bad ingredients.
4- New girls... not that new girls were bad , they became bad because they failed to gather enough time to properly show them do cool things ( that was like the whole point of kiddy grade frist half ) a total lack of cohesion.
5- As a result of (4) & (1) , even if they did have a normal design for a kiddy grade universe the new girls appear very inferior to the old cast.
6- The vilain plan sucked.. I don't want to write a 10 page essay on why his plan sucked and why all the twists didn't have any kind of pay-off it would be too long.
7- Deus ex machina ending .."OMG the clock was off by 20 seconds!" what do we do , is the writter dead ? ..It's magic i'aint gonna explain sh*t
8- inferior soundtrack
9- inferior missions
10- Alright sub antagonists , but they are dragged down by the horrible show pacing and writing
11- The everyday chatter was way overdone and unnecessary. In Kiddy grade, the duality between eclair & lumière working on the desk register had a plot purpose.
I'm not sure what KGA reason was. But it served no purpose in the plot.

So it's settled. Never watching Kiddy Grade And ever.
Best decision you've made.

I will make no such promise! We must be willing to sacrifice anything and everything for the beauty that is yuri. :D

I'll try. - 3 -
Nods*
Hell yeah! We're in this together!
Nakama !

cajunator

Banned
PART OF THE PROBLEM

That's a fair choice. I've actually suggested it be nominated for the List because it's just so wacky.

Yeah I guess I am. Buuut I also buy nearly everything so Im also part of solution :D

WHy? simple

1-They didn't keep the old heroines close..they used bullshit plot device when they could have keep the old heroine close ( as mentors maybe ? or busy doing meaningfull things or cover-ops ).
2- As result of (1) , only tweedledee and tweedledum got any significance of appearance time that was worthy of anything
3- They trully failed to continue to expand on the numerous problems introduced by kiddy grade that weren't solved (yet) or began to change with KG ending. Instead the reused the same plot , only with bad ingredients.
4- New girls... not that new girls were bad , they became bad because they failed to gather enough time to properly show them do cool things ( that was like the whole point of kiddy grade frist half ) a total lack of cohesion.
5- As a result of (4) & (1) , even if they did have a normal design for a kiddy grade universe the new girls appear very inferior to the old cast.
6- The vilain plan sucked.. I don't want to write a 10 page essay on why his plan sucked and why all the twists didn't have any kind of pay-off it would be too long.
7- Deus ex machina ending .."OMG the clock was off by 20 seconds!" what do we do , is the writter dead ? ..It's magic i'aint gonna explain sh*t
8- inferior soundtrack
9- inferior missions
10- Alright sub antagonists , but they are dragged down by the horrible show pacing and writing
11- The everyday chatter was way overdone and unnecessary. In Kiddy grade, the duality between eclair & lumière working on the desk register had a plot purpose.
I'm not sure what KGA reason was. But it served no purpose in the plot.

Best decision you've made.

Nods*

Nakama !

KGA existed merely to make more money. there was no creativity or other reason for it to exist. Im pretty sure thats the same reason E7AO exists but at least it tried to further ideas, even if it failed spectacularly at it. KGA was just like "lets throw new girls into KG universe and a bunch of stupid fucking fanservice and see who buys it"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom