• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Nisekoi 1

So that was good. Probably the best it could have been. Now, I've read enough of the manga to know it goes precisely nowhere and SHAFT have basically nothing to work with going forward, but I enjoyed this episode. I'll keep watching 'til it inevitably bores my face off, I guess?

Also, Shu's voice triggered some PTSD-esque desire for him to die because I could only hear Q-Vier. I'm sure that'll pass.

My checklist of things I'm looking for from this show:

* Reaction faces
* Onodera being terrible
_ Tsugumi being cute, moe, and :cajun as hell
* Absurd SHAFTisms pervading what should otherwise be a straightforward story.
_ Shu being awesome
_ Ruri being awesome
* Every harem cliche in the book because if you're going to willingly make generic schlock you might as well go all the way (interestingly enough, the toast wasn't even in the manga, so Shaft actually added more cliches to the mix!)
_ Tsugumi again because she counts twice in my weighting.

4/8 so far is a pretty good start!

Nisekoi 1

Chitoge is already shit tier.

It begins.

Log Horizon - Episode 15

This is definately starting to pick up again. Minori getting the confidence to speak up and set the party streight made for a good episode.

Also heard a bunch about Space Battleship Yamato 2199 and Non Non Biyori in the AOTY thread. Might give them a watch after all the praise they seem to be getting.

cajunator

Banned
I love that new fundorable avatar of yours :).

Thanks ya!

all this nisekoi talk
emot-barf.gif

Youve been chucking alot lately. Might want to get it checked out.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I have never read or watched Nisekoi but Chitoge seems like a goddess and that Onodera chick is like Onahole tier just based on looks.

I am sure this impression will be accurate as well once I start watching

Log Horizon

Soooo ... I wonder if Rudy is a person of the land? I mean, he can't be added to a friends list and he seems to know why. Also, he doesn't want to join any guilds. Plus the opening makes it a point to show him dieing. I thought that was just because of his dramatic persona but if he is a person of the land then that would be a big deal.

Gbraga

Just watched the first episode of Mikakunin

Fucking AWESOME!!!!!

My favorite so far, it's beautiful, adorable, the ending is cute as hell and Benio-sama is best girl (mom could beat her with a little more screen time though).

So, so good.

Now to watch a lot more stuff.

Kuroko no Basket S2 14

Opening: Good, but just like Yowamushi Pedal, its not as blood pumping as the first one.
Ending: Best one yet. Would actually serve better as the Opening.

They made Kuroko's Ignite Pass Kai look so cool.

Sad we won't be seeing that much after this episode.

Anime is really trying to make Aomine look more eviler than in the Manga.

Mononoke

Banned
There's usually two side of pole in Anime, show that intended for the hardcore that called as "otaku" in japan and show for general audience.

Those otaku anime usually the one that have more outrageous plot like in JRPG, and "fanservice" also "moe" element.. and usually the most popular show and the majority product come from this category.

Western casual audience usually looking down to those otaku show and liking anime that intended for broad audience like Ghibli movie and other show that not focused to element that those otaku show have (although that explanation maybe not exactly correct because most of anime airing in midnight japanese time so the definition for "otaku anime" rather vague regardless of their content)

I think you will know better what I mean with just looking for some title.

For Otaku-ish anime you can try to look into.

Code Geass : Lelouch of rebellion
Steins; Gate
K-ON
Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan
Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi

Those are usually the most popular title among anime-fan, and could explain what anime usually offer for most of the time.

For the non typical otaku anime that usually overlooked, its kind of show that make western fan spite japan because they rarely made it.

Mushi-Shi
Hyouka
Paranoia Agent
Mononoke

Maybe you'd know which side that you prefer after watching some of those show.

Thank you for taking the time to write this out. I really appreciate it, given I don't fully understand it. I don't want to judge either, so it's good to get a better understanding of it.

shitoge blows but all the other girls arent really any better

cept for ruri but she aint in the harem so whatevs

Which reminds me.

Onodera reminds me of Haruna from To Love Ru, which is instant frustration because it's yet another guarantee that there will be dicking around.

Eva Rebuild 3

They actually showed the English dub in the theater, which I wasn't expecting. Still enjoyed it, the original Eva had one of the best English dubs ever done in my opinion.

Already discussed my opinions earlier last year when it aired in Japan. So in summary:

- Asuka is still the best.
- Rebuild is about acceptance of change, versus the existentialism of the original series.
- Shinji fucks up everything. I fully expect him to go man-mode in the last movie though, the poor guy has to do something right!
- Cat-mode EVA unit 2 is still goofy.

fertygo

OMG That Kuroko's gif.
Thank you for taking the time to write this out. I really appreciate it, given I don't fully understand it. I don't want to judge either, so it's good to get a better understanding of it.

Well my english is rather poor, so some wording might be off.. please understand lol

Maybe later, some poster would write more cohesive explanation than that .. but I think in general you can get some answer in regard for some of your confusion by concept of "otaku anime" and such like.

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 39
tumblr_mz9bjvSmCn1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

I think the energy blast was a bit too much for Kurobas standards even, extremely unnecessary and kined of ruined the tension and shock of the moment. I hope they bring it down a bit in the future if they want to drive some more of the angry and such drama. Otherwise pretty good episode all around. Hyugu v Sakurai was actually my favorite moments of the episode, on account of giving Sakurai much needed time and development and making the game fast paced for just the more normal realistic characters.

ED song by Kuroko's va was pretty great and best of the series yet, while the OP was unexciting visually and through sound as well.

My checklist of things I'm looking for from this show:

* Reaction faces
* Onodera being terrible
_ Tsugumi being cute, moe, and :cajun as hell
* Absurd SHAFTisms pervading what should otherwise be a straightforward story.
_ Shu being awesome
_ Ruri being awesome
* Every harem cliche in the book because if you're going to willingly make generic schlock you might as well go all the way (interestingly enough, the toast wasn't even in the manga, so Shaft actually added more cliches to the mix!)
_ Tsugumi again because she counts twice in my weighting.

4/8 so far is a pretty good start!

Good list, that sums up my feelings pretty well. The toast was a metaphor for Onodera, who should be left on the ground for something more exciting. Seriously though, I'm a little surprised anyone is positive on her. She starts out uninteresting and milquetoast, and stays that way like it's her job. Tsugumi needs to show up quick and give some perspective.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Tsuritama backgrounds are offensive?
Very blurry and low quality. Lazy photoshopping meets bad CG. Has good color use but that gets ruined in lots of spots because of erratic lighting on pieced together objects inside the set. Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda is that but take out all the color.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Nisekoi Episode 1:

Well now, this was a pleasant surprise if only because the love triangle didn't make itself blinding obvious five seconds in and everything in between ends up being so much tsudenre bullshit. I actually want to see where they go with this and that is no easy task. Indeed this whole anime has a lot of Rumiko Takasahi tropes in play, to the point wherein if you told me this came from her, I would not be surprised.

CorvoSol

Macross 29

She's still with Kaifun. Fucking 2 years and she's still with him. OH AND SHE NOW HAS FEELINGS FOR HIKARU. BITCH. YOU DUMPED HIM. TWO YEARS AGO.
ON THE DAY THE WORLD WAS BURNED TO ASH.
And because Hikaru is a piece of shit he will jump into her arms and ignore Misa.

WHY HAS MISA WAITED THIS LONG FOR HIKARU'S SORRY ASS? WHY DID THIS LOVE TRIANGLE OUTLAST THE
PLANET EARTH
!?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom