• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Y2ZcqGu.jpg

Aww Yiss.

How the fuck are you supposed to get to your phone in time?

Bombless

Space Battleship Yamato 1-3

The first 2 episodes were okay but nothing special. I feel they did a good job introducing the world and getting the show on the road. They managed to give it an old school flavour and freaking Ero-sennin himself is on the ship (I love Hochu Otsuka's voice, the problem is now I keep expecting him to get drunk and oogle all the women onboard and his character seems to be the complete opposite of that hah!).

Then came episode 3. Oh episode 3. The first part was good, the second..well..I hope we get more moments with
the Type-3 rounds, because that was the most satisfying THUNK sound ever.
I actually yelled that out loud :
vfINDnS.jpg

And the
Wave Cannon
? HOLY SHIT. I also loved the Captain's reaction to that.

Final verdict so far : MOARRRRRRRR!

Edit : Oh, and the opening chorus of the OP is godly.

Crocodile

It's lack of lewdness was actually quite disturbing.
It might be aiming to be a respectable show. Hopefully not lol.

Stop trying to jinx it :(

HAHAHAHA

So I decided to look up the staff list for World Conquest, and of course the Darker than Black director,Tensai Okamura, did this. Of fucking course. It all makes sense now.

Darker than Black was good! Or is the director of DtB the same person who directed DtB2 which I haven't seen but everyone says is worse than cancer and ebola combined :/ Either way, he can do good :p

So from this season, I got Space Dandy, Seitokai S2, and Mikakunin.

I lament the lack of good mecha anime nowadays. Anywho, is there anything else I should be looking out for?

Defuser

Nisekoi ep 1

Onedera/Hanazawa hnnnnnnnnngh My forever best girl. Team Onedera since 2011.

Oh my god, this show is totally SHAFT that I've nearly forgotten its a WSJ manga series.

Shaft posh stylish environments which is too rich.
Shaft direction.
Shaft headtilts.
Shaft colour filters.
Shaft's zetsubou sensei.

Shaft gonna Shaft, it's almost like monogatari 2.0

cnet128

Banned
Wake Up, Girls! Seven Idols

ganbatte idol girls

(I have this sneaking suspicion that
the cutthroat producer woman took the money and ran specifically for the purpose of giving the girls a "crisis" to work through
, but I could be way off the mark and
she could really just suck that much
.)

I'm intrigued to see how the first episode of the actual series starts, since it can't really assume that everyone watching has seen this already (can it?), but this introduction sure left a lot of hanging plot threads that need resolving...

Maybe instead of speculating I should stop writing this post and actually watch the episode in question XD

survivor

Banned
Seitokai Yakuindomo S2 - 2

Bad episode, not enough dirty jokes. Basically all the time spent on that other student council president was dull and useless.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Golden Time 03-04

So when exactly does this show get divisive or whatever? So far I am absolutely loving it... well except for the bit in episode 4 with the god damn
NANA cameo

Fuckkkkkkkk that shit. Why would they do that? It's just cruel :(

Episode 4 was so good.

Quasar

Golden Time 03-04

So when exactly does this show get divisive or whatever? So far I am absolutely loving it... well except for the bit in episode 4 with the god damn
NANA cameo

Episode 4 was so good.

It starts with 5.

Kazzy

I didn't believe firehawk at first thanks to my subconscious and deeply internalized anti-Canadian biases, but Yamato is legitimately great and I'm continually impressed by it. If not for Flowers of Evil it'd be the easy standout of last year.

ps why you do this to me MAL urg suxx0rz

It is indeed, though I admit the sheer pervasiveness of all the thread pimping did hurt it, somewhat. I'd already long since finished Hyouka before all the hyperbole kicked in, but I imagine it was much the same. You can see it giving people the incentive to watch it, simply with the mindset of "I'm going to watch it and then tell them how much it sucks!"

Branduil

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - 26

They still make good anime sometimes.
A bit disappointed we didn't get to see them use the Cosmo Reverser on Earth, but that's a minor complaint in light of everything else.

cajunator

Banned
Pink clothes will do that to a man.

Hyouka 3

That sounds about right.

Golden Time 03-04

NANA cameo

Episode 4 was so good.

Its about to show up. Not a dealbreaker but disappointing.

cnet128

Banned
Wake Up, Girls! 1

Interesting first impression you're making there, Sudou-san.

So yeah, this really did pick up right where the movie left off, and frankly I feel like it would have been really awkward to come in here as a starting point. The show was clearly making a few allowances to avoid alienating people who hadn't seen the movie yet (random mini-flashbacks, plus a gratuitous repeat of their actual performance from the end of the movie), but still.

At any rate, this show has definitely caught my interest in its grasp for the moment. Not quite sure who best girl is yet though. Miyu (the genki maid cafe girl), Airi (the best friend) and Minami (the loli-looking one...though apparently she's not actually the youngest?) are all decently strong candidates. Hmmmmm.

Yoshino is definitely worst girl though.

White Album 2 1-13

I enjoyed this series so much I did another full run through of this. Picked up a lot of things I missed the first time around.
Especially with Kitahara's feelings towards Touma, the various characters' nuances and how they react to things. The whole time you can see how Ogiso knows Kitahara was always leaning towards Touma.
You also get why Kitahara was so surprised that Touma was the one in Music Room 2 after seeing episode 11. This series was really well directed with a lot of attention to detail. And once again, a huge step up from the prequel 1 in every possible aspect. That one was just bad writing.

Anyone know if they'll animate The Closing Chapters?

Golden Time 03-04

NANA cameo

Episode 4 was so good.

I love Golden Time. One of my favorite shows from last year. No dislikes at all. Always want to know what happens next.

CorvoSol

Left you speechless huh?

What are you getting at? I'm curious!!!

That I literally cannot find anything to talk about in this show, and that making jokes about it no longer entertains me. I really do not think this show is for me. I really do not see the appeal, and I really am considering dropping it before I start hating on it as a means of keeping myself entertained.

Paranoia Agent 4

Meanwhile, I'm freakin' out here, man. Did they really catch Shonen Bat? Is this a copy cat? Are there several? What's going on!?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hello anime-gaf,

I'm new but kinda old to this community. I was brought here by darkside and staying around thanks to cajun (for now).

So as my greeting I ask if there is any series you wish for me to start off with as my initiation?

And just before you say it yes I have watched School Days so don't bother, but I will watch whatever you guys want me to whether terrible or good.

I'll only kibosh watching something if I've seen it already.

CorvoSol

Hello anime-gaf,

I'm new but kinda old to this community. I was brought here by darkside and staying around thanks to cajun (for now).

So as my greeting I ask if there is any series you wish for me to start off with as my initiation?

And just before you say it yes I have watched School Days so don't bother, but I will watch whatever you guys want me to whether terrible or good.

The Big O

Narag

Hello anime-gaf,

Yamato 2199

Hello anime-gaf,

Precure
Ojamajo Doremi

Ace of Diamond Episode 14 - Training Camp Begins

Wish we had a new OP the new ED was alright just for the change of pace and showing supporters in the background, I guess.

Episode wise, good adaptation of those three chapters and a nice end to bring us to the end of v5. Furuyu is hilarious when I imagine him as Free!'s Haru, and Eijun is so emotional that its really easy to relate and see part of myself in. Good chemistry for the Kuromochi, Eijun, and then Eijun, Chris, Miyuki, Furuyu grouping.

Training seems a bit unrealistically intense.

cajunator

Banned
How ominous lol.

Guess I'm about to find out what makes people mad.

youll see shortly but it will determine how you feel about the show for sure. Either it bothers the hell out of you or it doesnt

That I literally cannot find anything to talk about in this show, and that making jokes about it no longer entertains me. I really do not think this show is for me. I really do not see the appeal, and I really am considering dropping it before I start hating on it as a means of keeping myself entertained.

Paranoia Agent 4

Meanwhile, I'm freakin' out here, man. Did they really catch Shonen Bat? Is this a copy cat? Are there several? What's going on!?

Eheheheee

jman2050

Hello anime-gaf,

Madoka Magica?

Hello anime-gaf,

Strike Witches.

cajunator

Banned
Hello anime-gaf,

Steins; Gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom