• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Sakura Trick - 01

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely wonderful first episode and definitely a contender for my anime of the season. Loved the chemistry between Yuu and Haruka and how their first kiss came to be... their awkward pauses, shuffling back and forth before taking the plunge... adorable!!! Haruka using her playful nature to get what she wanted from Yuu had me fist pumping so hard over here! I definitely got some HidaSketch vibes as someone else mentioned before, which again is a great thing (watch HidaSketch if you haven't already, seriously) and I'm so jazzed to see that there appears to be two more pairings for us to gush over. HELL YES TO MORE SHIPS!

GAUgzMP.gif

Working for what felt like an eternity to come home and watch this was so worth it. Sooooooooo worth it. Winter Anime status: SAVED.

I was looking to see whose fetish this would drag into light :)

My list is now complete <3

Milamber

The problem with Log Horizon going into game specific concepts is that most of the abilities/cooldown timers are really silly and not thought out. Also, the general MMORPG conceptions it has are outdated, so instead of coming across as this highly futuristic and evolved super MMO players live in it winds up being more nostalgic. Pretty much all popular MMORPGs are phasing out the concept of aggro and threat generation to instead focus on very rigid cooldown rotation management.

He wrote it with absolute MMO beginners in mind.

Mortemis

Banned
Am-amnesia arc? Please god no.

Everyone said the same thing, but it turned out to be actually better than the rest of the shit the manga had.
Nice. Ive enjoyed it quite a lot except for Banri.
Hes just....aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhlllefuckkkkkk

I gotta agree with this. At first Koko was incredibly annoying and I couldn't stand her, but she's been growing on me. Though I really couldn't stand the whole "look at me I have so many flaws!" thing she kept on shoving down our throats, looks like that phase of her is gone, and for the better. I've always liked Linda, but she's been getting less likable, but I still like her. Everyone else is okay (the supporting cast kinda blows in this show, well compared to Toradora). But Banri is definitely just argh. I liked him when he ended the friendzone, but other than that he's been a pretty boring MC. Past Banri is all emo and annoying too. Banri, past or present, blows.

Strike the blood 13

Lmao, so cute osananajimi turned out to be able to body switch, and now Koujo is in her body? Lol, this anime got everything. Can't say I'm not enjoying this.

cajunator

Banned
God I'm so tempted to buy The Second Raid. The last issue of Sigma is getting translated this month, I think. When that happens I am probably shelving EVERYTHING for an FMP marathon.

Well now if I watch this you gotta fill your part too lol.
im in the mood for a mech show actually as long as its not gundam or gasaraki. could take a while to watch since I work every other week but ill try to set aside time.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Kave Man: You wanted a title to watch as an initiation? You have a few legitmately good titles in your shortlist(Strike Witches is not one of them), but if you want something that really makes AnimeGAF what it is, then consider either Kenya Boy or Garzey's Wing (dub).

Branduil

Sword Art Online 20

Kirito pulling victory out of his ass: check.

Implication that players were role-playing as concubines for some dumb wannabe-dictator: check.

Girls throwing themselves at Kirito: check.

This show needs to be euthanized without its consent.

cajunator

Banned
Kave Man: You wanted a title to watch as an initiation? You have a few legitmately good titles in your shortlist(Strike Witches is not one of them), but if you want something that really makes AnimeGAF what it is, then consider either Kenya Boy or Garzey's Wing (dub).

Well that would be an..interesting initiation.
as long as Kave is aware of the so bad its good nature of the dub and not take it seriously

CorvoSol

Well now if I watch this you gotta fill your part too lol.
im in the mood for a mech show actually as long as its not gundam or gasaraki. could take a while to watch since I work every other week but ill try to set aside time.

If you watch, I will most certainly keep my end of the bargain.

Branduil

How did someone come into this thread and end up with the idea he should watch Strike Witches? Who is to blame for this debacle?

Gazoinks

Well, I just quickly read through the manga chapters that Hoshi no Umi covered. I guess the anime ignored that arc? Seems weird considering the main character is gonna show up next episode.

The OADs were made before Hana no Uta, presumably to go with the original Yozakura anime (which apparently isn't very good). They're very much worth watching, they're good. Plus they have the only full-on Kotoha fight.

duckroll

The OADs were made before Hana no Uta, presumably to go with the original Yozakura anime (which apparently isn't very good). They're very much worth watching, they're good. Plus they have the only full-on Kotoha fight.

They weren't made to go with the original anime. They're a totally different project done by the current TV anime staff.

Gazoinks

Why would they? They're 3 years old.

Ooh, okay. Just timeline confusion on my part. So, the original Yozakura show aired whenever. Then the current anime staff made an OAD series of a single arc and then three years later filled out the rest of the show around it. Is that right?

If so, still weird. :p

duckroll

Ooh, okay. Just timeline confusion on my part. So, the original Yozakura show aired whenever. Then the current anime staff made an OAD series of a single arc and then three years later filled out the rest of the show around it. Is that right?

If so, still weird. :p

Yeah the current team are huge fans of the manga and the manga author seem to be big fans of them as well. So there's some ongoing relationship going on. They made the Hoshi no Umi OAD, then eventually they got to do the Hana no Uta TV series, and now they're continuing on with the Tsuki ni Naku OAD.

Jex

Yeah the current team are huge fans of the manga and the manga author seem to be big fans of them as well. So there's some ongoing relationship going on. They made the Hoshi no Umi OAD, then eventually they got to do the Hana no Uta TV series, and now they're continuing on with the Tsuki ni Naku OAD.

Well he really should be, considering they make the better work!

jediyoshi

Space Dandy 2

Gx8GVur.png

Wuh, they're not going to address last episode's end? Or remind us why that one dude is following them? Overthinking is one thing, but that's just hoping for people's low attention spans to kick in.

Meow seems like he went over a character change. First ep had him feeling like just a dude along for the ride, practically a straight man. Now he's actively Dandy's foil which is odd since Dandy is still managing to get himself into trouble just fine.

Ah well, Honey/Scarlet/Ramen dude were enough to save it for me.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Space Dandy 2

Gx8GVur.png

Wuh, they're not going to address last episode's end? Or remind us why that one dude is following them? Overthinking is one thing, but that's just hoping for people's low attention spans to kick in.

Meow seems like he went over a character change. First ep had him feeling like just a dude along for the ride, practically a straight man. Now he's actively Dandy's foil which is odd since Dandy is still managing to get himself into trouble just fine.

Ah well, Honey/Scarlet/Ramen dude were enough to save it for me.
why should they address the end of the first episode, have you guys never seen a cartoon where that happens before?

Mortemis

Banned
Space Dandy 2

A much better episode than the first IMO. I'm starting to get the feel of this show, and I can't say that I don't like it. Hopefully it gets better every week.

Here's to more Dandy in space!

CorvoSol

SDFM 35

Oh no. No no no. Minmay is going to win, isn't she? Oh GOD, what if Minmay wins? I mean, Hikaru is a piece of shit and Minmay is a brainless twit, so I guess they deserve each other, but my hatred of the two of them demands that neither one be with the other out of sheer, vicious spite. It can't end this way. It's going to end this way, isn't it? Minmay is going to hook up with Hikaru despite the fact that there is 0 reason why they should.

Oh GOD I CARE HOW THIS ENDS.

WHY

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Golden Time 13

That new op is weird as fuck though, I really hope its not a sign of things to come. In terms of both visuals and audio the entire thing feels off in a really interesting kind of way, I seriously can't think of other ops that had a blast beat the way this one does. Its both terrible and pretty awesome at the same time.

Still really enjoying this show but man they are not even trying to make
not-Banri
likable at all. What a dick.

Next episode should be really good though -
SWIMSUITS AW YEAH

Quasar

Golden Time 13

That new op is weird as fuck though, I really hope its not a sign of things to come. In terms of both visuals and audio the entire thing feels off in a really interesting kind of way, I seriously can't think of other ops that had a blast beat the way this one does. Its both terrible and pretty awesome at the same time.

All the joy of OP1 is gone.

Dresden

Noragami is okay, I guess. Not much hopes of it turning out well but the first episode was watchable in a slow, plodding way. Kickboxing Ghost Chitanda is alright, but the cartoonish exaggerations only emphasize the gulf in characterization between the original and the expy.

Jex

SDFM 35

Oh no. No no no. Minmay is going to win, isn't she? Oh GOD, what if Minmay wins? I mean, Hikaru is a piece of shit and Minmay is a brainless twit, so I guess they deserve each other, but my hatred of the two of them demands that neither one be with the other out of sheer, vicious spite. It can't end this way. It's going to end this way, isn't it? Minmay is going to hook up with Hikaru despite the fact that there is 0 reason why they should.

Oh GOD I CARE HOW THIS ENDS.

WHY

SDF Macross really does have one of the few love triangles in anime where you don't know for certain how it will turn out. That's one of the few things perhaps we can agree on about the show.

CorvoSol

Corvo: This is what mecha anime does to people.

Deprives them of their self-respect?

SDF Macross really does have one of the few love triangles in anime where you don't know for certain how it will turn out. That's one of the few things perhaps we can agree on about the show.

I feel like a lot of the uncertainty is caused by the fact that Hikaru has been playing both sides of this fence for way longer than most women would put up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom