• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
This recap is making Space Dandy look like a masterpiece right now. And both are shit.... so... yeah.

Did you just compare Sword Art online to Space Dandy....

tumblr_msrv79l4NY1s2otblo3_500.gif

Sword Art Online EXTRA EDITION Episode 1
Alright moments out of game with Kikuoka making his appearance and being as good as he is in the manga. The enhanced visuals for the scenes made things feel polished even if its my third time seeing things. 80minutes in started new content and gave a feeling of how entertaining the series could be with more team type quests.

I wish they had used it to adapt that one area in ALfheim Online :(

Seda

Vacation delays things. I know I don't post in here, but that's because I feel like a fish out of water more than anything else, not familiar with 95% of the content in the thread. I'm such a casual :/

Didn't Seda not want there to be an OT because of the Toonami OT or something?

That's like asking for there not to be any anime OTs because this thread exists.

I agree with you, I just vaguely remember Seda being iffy on a Space Dandy OT because he thought 2 threads to discuss it was enough and he planned on moving the Toonami OT out of Community while it aired or something.

I was musing a few things but never said that. The Toonami community will run as normal, and the usual rule in there is that if it has aired, it does not need to be spoiler tagged (sometimes there are exceptions). A primary purpose of the thread is basically a place to 'live chat', which it is what it it will be for Space Dandy, although of course further back and forth discussion occurs too during the week.

Actually that factor is what makes it sensible to have a separate thread from every other anime. Because the dual release actually creates some chances for some good cross-discussion that doesn't work if people just lock themselves in their respective mega threads.

I'm sure some of the dub watchers will cross post in both threads - actually there are already quite a few Toonami regulars posting in there already. I assume the Space Dandy OT will have more conservative spoiler rules.

jbug617

Banned
Crunchyroll news.

@Crunchyroll: News: Crunchyroll to Stream "Hamatora" Anime. Starts January 7 at 10:00a.m. Pacific Time http://t.co/5Om8uYRr8Z
An original multi-media project with a manga and anime, the Hamatora anime revolves around a group of humans who possess a special hereditary power known as “Minimum,” and are known as “Minimum Holders.” Minimum Holders Nice and Murasaki run a detective agency called “Hamatora,” and when they are hired to investigate a certain case, they cross paths with an old acquaintance, Art, who is chasing the same case as a police officer. As they investigate deeper into each of the cases, they discover that both cases are related, and that all the victims are Minimum Holders, like themselves.

The chief director is Seiji Kishi, whose previous works include Danganronpa, Persona 4 the Animation, and Angel Beats!, with character designer Yuki Kodama, who also worked on the Blood Lad manga.

I was musing a few things but never said that. The Toonami community will run as normal, and the usual rule in there is that if it has aired, it does not need to be spoiler tagged (sometimes there are exceptions). A primary purpose of the thread is basically a place to 'live chat', which it is what it it will be for Space Dandy, although of course further back and forth discussion occurs too during the week.

My bad. I figured I was misremembering things.

Heysoos

Hey guys, I have 4 Crunchyroll guest passes, I'd figure I'd give them out here in case someone might be interested:

Quote to reveal:

Happy Birthday Kaz!

So I'm looking at the Rec List I got from way back in Fall OT1...

And I'm stuck on what to look at next
I think I might use a more scientific method for picking a show this time.

Eeney-meeney-miney-mo-
Watch Aria, Sora no Woto, and Haibane Renmei. Because I'm pretty sure I recommended those anyway.

Tohsaka

Planning on picking these shows up:
capturei8jyd.png

Really looking forward to the new season, nothing to watch right now since the ongoing shows from last season seem to still be on break and I can't think of any old shows that I want to watch that I haven't already seen.

Taruranto

Happy Birthday Kaz!

So I'm looking at the Rec List I got from way back in Fall OT1...

And I'm stuck on what to look at next
I think I might use a more scientific method for picking a show this time.

Eeney-meeney-miney-mo-

Ewww, a lot of bad stuff there

No.

Read the mangaa. (Or don't, it's incomplete)

Star Driver

Watch Utena instead.

Samurai Flamenco

No.

Tsuritama

Yes.

Yes.

Shin Sekai Yori

Yes.

Cutcle Detective Inaba
Karneval
Makai Ouji

God, no!

Haibane Renmei

Ok.

K-on at war

No.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey guys, I have 4 Crunchyroll guest passes, I'd figure I'd give them out here in case someone might be interested:

Quote to reveal:

Cheers, grabbed the last one.

Those who foretold of Titans AOTY win causing the end of times were ignorant to the true evil: SAO recap material.
I wonder what will happen when, inevitably, AoT and SAO air in the same year. lol

How many times will AnimeGAF die now that SAO II is a thing.
Death by a thousand cuts. :(

UDON Announces Fate/stay night art book series: Fate/Complete Material

DECEMBER 31st: Capping off its largest and most successful publishing year ever in 2013, UDON Entertainment today announces that it has secured the rights to release English-language editions of art books based on “Fate/stay night,” the epic Japanese multimedia franchise!

UDON will kick off the release of this series in June with Fate/Complete Material Volume 1: Art Material, which features over 200 pages of stunning illustrations from the original visual novel “Fate/stay night” by acclaimed studio Type-Moon!

Originally released as a best-selling Japanese visual novel, “Fate/stay night” has blossomed into every media field, with the original story having been adapted and spun off into anime, video games, light novels, toys, and even a feature-length animated film! Fate/Complete Material Volume 1: Art Material goes right back to the beginning of the phenomenon, collecting more than 200 pages of amazing illustrations by Type-Moon from the original “Fate/stay night” game—completely and faithfully translated into English by UDON Entertainment! For “Fate/stay night” fans, the timing couldn’t be better—a brand new anime adaptation of this material has just been announced for a 2014 release in Japan!

Fate/Complete Material Volume 1: Art Material is the first in a series of art books collecting all of the illustrations, character designs, and concept material from “Fate/stay night.” It includes a wealth of cutscene illustrations, pin-ups, and rare promotional and advertising artwork. Future volumes will follow the publication of volume 1 at intervals of approximately every 3-4 months. UDON strongly urges fans to pre-order Fate/Complete Material Volume 1: Art Material, as sales of this volume will help determine availability of future volumes!

Based UDON Entertainment.

I'm really liking a lot of the character designs for some of these shows. Really hoping that I'm pleasantly surprised by at least two Winter 2014 shows.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sword Art Online: Extra Episode

Recaps and the gratuitous fanservice aside, I really enjoyed the new content at the end. Still images are a fucking staple I guess and we'll never be rid of them but I loved the atmosphere, music, visuals, and the simple quest plot. Super cool. If we had more of this I would enjoy the show 100x more.

Space Battleship Yamato 1-2

thats-good.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ha5sWRFO7-.gif

I'm really digging the space opera feel and the characters so far. I hope there's more mystery to them then what has been alluded because sometimes the hinting seems almost too obvious to be true:

The blonde girl on board is one of the Iscandians

I found it weird how the aliens look exactly like humans though. I guess they can be considered aliens in the literal sense.

Looks like this is the start if an epic journey. Also, I don't trust the engineer guy. He looks weird.

Theonik

Space Battleship Yamato 1-2

thats-good.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ha5sWRFO7-.gif

I'm really digging the space opera feel and the characters so far. I hope there's more mystery to them then what has been alluded because sometimes the hinting seems almost too obvious to be true:

The blonde girl on board is one of the Iscandians

I found it weird how the aliens look exactly like humans though. I guess they can be considered aliens in the literal sense.

Looks like this is the start if an epic journey. Also, I don't trust the engineer guy. He looks weird.

If you mean the guy with the closed eyes he's on security.

Owwari

Banned
I know absolutely nothing about this franchise but I kinda like the look of the lead. He looks like an asshole.

Not really, but he is a complete bad (smart) ass and that makes him an asshole anyways.

EDIT: Woops, sorry for double post!

Apparently Season 2 of Sword Art Online was announced. Why exactly is this show popular? I fear it is going to be remembered as being a legitimately good show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom