• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

wizard barristers - 01

These are some ugly character designs. Two of them look okay (the police woman and the rival girl), but everyone else ranges from messy to just plain terrible. Some really bad CG, some great action animation, lots of highly detailed destruction (and their aftermath)...

I'd be more hopeful about this if it were wizard hunters instead of wizard barristers.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 12

Snore. I'm caring more about the political situation on Gamila than I am about the Yamato crew's personal issues. I smell a civil war in the making.

SPACE SUBMARINE YES LETS DO THIS SHIT

Theonik

Nobu ZA FOOR 02
This is turning pretty hype. Surprise of the season.
Make no mistake it's pretty dumb and I expect to hate it later down the line but so far I'm sold.

Kurita

Don't you guys insult Nisekoi.
Just wait until Marika shows up.
JonbI.png

The goddess

Reknoc

I guess I'll check out Nisekoi since I did like it at the beginning. Not sure at what point I was looking at the pages and decided I don't want to read it anymore. So I didn't.

Guess I can enjoy some animated Chitoge~~~~

fertygo

Nobunaga za fuul - 02

Man I wish CR pick Buddy Complex instead this.
The CG are very wonky, I dunno what they aiming with it, more grounded battle? if so why the mech are so light-weigh?

And Nobunaga fucking his sister? the hell..

The interaction between character is quite charming though.

wonzo

Banned
Yowapeda 13

yowapeda13.jpg

i wonder if he names he needles too

Both the new OP & ED are incredibly substandard compared to the originals, as was the general consistency in the production quality of this episode. Still, the shows just as fun as it ever was even though I really do wish they'd just jump to the Inter-High next episode.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 13

SPACE SUBMARINES STRAIGHT INTO MY VEINS.
UP PERISCOPE, YOU GET MY DRIFT?

I love this show's character designs. The inter-dimensional sub crew, and especially Capt. Fraken are fucking awesome.

Halfway through and it just gets better all the time.

Theonik

Space Battleship Yamato 01
This was OK I suppose. 2199 did pretty much everything better save for the battleships actually looking to have mass. Yukikaze especially.
Also to the people that hated the doctor in 2199, this is what he looked like in the original.
If anything watching this makes you appreciate the work put into 2199 more. They even manage to make Okita less manly mostly due to the VA mind you, but there you have it. He's still ace though.
Also this is probably old but dat ED tie into 2199.
2199's OP is also better honestly CG aside.
Basically, if 2199 had opted for 2D ships it would have been the original perfected.

Mature

Space Battleship Yamato 01

This was OK I suppose. 2199 did pretty much everything better save for the battleships actually looking to have mass. Yukikaze especially.
Also to the people that hated the doctor in 2199, this is what he looked like in the original.
If anything watching this makes you appreciate the work put into 2199 more. They even manage to make Okita less manly mostly due to the VA mind you, but there you have it. He's still ace though.
Also this is probably old but dat ED tie into 2199.
2199's OP is also better honestly CG aside.
Basically, if 2199 had opted for 2D ships it would have been the original perfected.
People don't like the doctor? Booo.

Thoraxes

Nisekoi - 01

Really digging the story and like always, I really love what SHAFT is doing here.

Also best ED music of 2014 so far. That song is really catchy and I see myself buying the single when that hits.

All the hot-blooded personalities are great, and there's even some KanaHana. This one is staying on the list for sure.

Dresden

Nisekoi - 01

This is pretty good. After watching the first five episodes of Monogatari, this is kinda jarring - it's like, reasonably competent and isn't a total mess visually, with a few good cuts of animation and some nice looking scenes.

I know the manga is woeful, but this was enjoyable. I'll stick with it for now.

Onodera is clearly the best girl.

Just finished reading the Berserk manga and I have to say its one of the best manga's I have ever read. Amazing art, story flows so naturally, great characters with meaningful development that is so subtle that you sometimes forget where it happened, and the lore is breathtaking.

Why has no one made an anime for the other arcs?

kirblar

So there was an Anime announced recently that was either a direct or spiritual follow up to a very well regarded (but unusual) anime, and the announcement surprised people. I wanted to look into the original series but have forgotten the titles of everything involved, lol. Could someone point me in the right direction? I'd really appreciate it.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
So there was an Anime announced recently that was either a direct or spiritual follow up to a very well regarded (but unusual) anime, and the announcement surprised people. I wanted to look into the original series but have forgotten the titles of everything involved, lol. Could someone point me in the right direction? I'd really appreciate it.

Mushishi

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

You're thinking of Mushi-shi

Sword Arts Online.

Thoraxes

Witch Craft Works - 01

Thanks Obama.

I picture all the girls hating the man as SDBurton.

That dirty boy is sullying the pure garden.

Theonik

Kyou no Asuka show 01-06
ilSVncuPysfVV.png

Purest love.
This was pretty lewd, but also kinda funny.
Acceptable for a 3 minute series. I started watching this when people were talking about the first episode here and remembered it recently. It keeps delivering on that premise.
The JAV director/lewd photographer dad explains a lot.

Did they ever get to the elf island?

Maybe in two years. The thing is not a single member of the God Hand has been killed, and not even one apostle part of the new Band of the Hawk.

Its like we're at the beginning of this epic adventure, where Guts is still "recruiting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom