• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

I enjoyed the show, but I feel that it had the potential to be a lot more interesting if the setting and events weren't shackled to Kamogawa. Also the whole "look how great Kamogawa is" thing got kind of silly.

I dunno, I liked the idea of "small town becomes the focus of world-changing events". Besides, they DID go to other planets and stuff.

Id be willing to try this brazil burger. At the moment I have a giant burrito at my disposal.

I'd kill someone for one of them right now. I miss Brazilian food so bad.

Some DokiDoki Precure final arc comments

This really isn't commentating on the story spoilers or anything, but some things seem rather hilarious.

I mean a giant monster is invading the human world. And no one gives so much of a fuck. Here, let me gauge this. More people gave a fuck about Heart's identity over their town getting ravaged. Look at all these priorities we have! Hell, giving a fuck about her identity pretty much made them focus solely on her. Fuck those other people!

I mean.... wow... I know Nagisa was like... the previous King/Queen of Pink Privilege thanks to Max Heart, but here.... I think she was officially dethroned. Never in my life, have I felt like the others were.... unappreciated as in this show. I mean they contributed and whatnot, but like... only two people bothered to cheer for the Precures as a whole, and they were related to Alice for the most part. And next week seems to be the peak point of the Mana wanking, in the worst way possible.

I guess in terms of animation... it's a bit lacking. Granted... consider the fighting that was done, was there a reason to really put in more effort since this show is really more story oriented than Smile at least (where additional plot details actually killed its final arc...)

In any case, the others did something at the very least. I just wish the cast inside gave them the attention as well instead of focusing on Mana....

Maybe this is actually meta criticism?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yamato 2199 - 10

Much like warping around, talking about blowing up Pluto, and the existence of the wave motion gun, Yamato throws some more science and physics off to the side in somehow maklng the blue girl better than the brown girl.
Welcome to YAMATO.

Kind of confirms ultimately that this season has just had a plain bad batch of end cards, hopefully for Haikyuu!! they will focus on the more meaningful characters for end cards and not lose their way like Kurobas has..
Oh you!

Thoraxes

2HDdOjq.jpg

4R5BnMF.jpg

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Link Joker Episode 116 (engDub)

The series is going good just for doing one of my favoite settings in series and finding someway to justify it. That is putting every character in someway in this high school setting and still going with it. Will be fun to see how the nationwide school club tournament (of over 4000 clubs) will turn out and who will come out on top. Im hoping to see Crusher Kyou in some form.

Leon was fun and Naoki finally getting another duel. Looking forward to 117.

DokiDoki Precure - 46

So this episode was REVELATIONS Time !

This went pretty much how i expected it to be.
I guess the reason why my opinion on Regina and Aguri are so opposed is probably because they are trully opposites.
It's too bad aguri that her "stick in the mud" attitude is so off-putting ..... she could have been a great character without this.

But the most baffling revelation is on princess Ange ..what a character!

Her kingdom is crumbling and all her warriors are falling 1 by 1 , except one ... you confront the main bad guy
and win ? ( by herself ? WTF ). the princess Ange leading her troupes in battle despite the disappearance of the king ? The princess that actually went her way to fight just after she recovered from a deathly dissease ? the princess capable of seeing her ruin and her conflicted feeligns , enough to let destiny choose for herself ?

What a freaking character ..she would be a perfect duo for mana to be with .
DokiDoki%21.Precure.46_01.jpg

Impressive thought
That same character choose swordfight to etiquete lessons , the character actually choose her lover herself , and is so fluent in magic ... Even the most badass princess Zelda is out of her league.

So yeah the most impressive thing about this episode 46 is Princess Ange the protagonist this anime needed but couldn't afford ... and why is that ?

Because we've got MANA.
DokiDoki%21.Precure.46_02.jpg

"I've got no plan at all but everything gotta be alright, i'm a walking cheat code after all"
Ah mana , what a cheat you are , i get it , you want to preserve your harem but still how useless your words feel , how useless they must have felt WHEN EVERYONE understood how complex and grave the situation was yet your only answer was to try to pause the current events as if this was trully an option. Such a "great" option since regina after knowing the truth choose on her own free will , despite her love for mana what she had to do.

So all this time with Mana being so "broken" as a character were for this ..a magnificent "failure" ..it's a shame since i hope Mana won't get her way by some disgusting deus ex machina but it's going to happen anyway.

I guess this is it .. gonna watch episode 47 , the finale look so grim , far from the greatness of splash star or heartcatch that both used their characters to their fullest so i'm not gonna get my hopes up.

cnet128

Banned
Alright girl... i've seen worse canditates in those kind of dramas.
Too bad she can't cook .

Onodera is best. In almost any other show her
inability to cook
would be a weak point, but when the protagonist is Raku, it almost works out as an argument in her favour! Those two were clearly made for each other.

If they do then there is actually no chance of seeing the others girls .. 11 eps , right ? they aren't even in the opening animation so it's safe to assume that

-we'll get the manga plain and simple ( and they stop so they can dd in for later )
-We get filler time
-we get original ending
Both keys are false and no good.... WHAT A TWIST

If by "the other girls" you mean Tsugumi and Marika, I think it's basically confirmed that they'll show up this season, since I believe we've seen anime character designs for both of them, had their VAs confirmed, and they appear as silhouettes in the OP. It's true that the anime probably wouldn't get to them if it followed the manga slavishly (Tsugumi didn't show up until Chapter 15, and Marika until 32), but I think it's safe to expect both of their debuts to be moved up quite a bit for the sake of assembling the core cast in a more timely manner.

If by "the other girls" you mean Paula and Haru, though, sadly I can't see them showing up =/ Here's hoping for a second season!

Thoraxes

Speaking of things that are Maru! Look what came in the mail today...

photojan1870321pm1c6yrw.jpg

Also, Madoka is the best girl. She has all the marus where it counts and is a pimp.

Future Card BuddyFight - Episodes 1-2 [Dub]

They really love using the word buddy in this.

The buddy CG in this is buddy bad, not as buddy bad as Kingdom S1 though. The game makes no sense with random numbers for Attack Power that mean absolutely nothing being mentioned and not explained at all.

jman2050

Onodera is best. In almost any other show her
inability to cook
would be a weak point, but when the protagonist is Raku, it almost works out as an argument in her favour! Those two were clearly made for each other.

I'm going to laugh maniacally for half an hour the exact moment Onodera loses for good
2 years from now.

CorvoSol

Plus boobs.

Yup.

Too much life, Lan has the best hometown plus spawned all that fanart with dog ears.

Man I dunno, I'm pretty sure Muginami has Lan beat in hometown, too. I mean the apple-bottom jeans joke writes itself!

Speaking of things that are Maru! Look what came in the mail today...

photojan1870321pm1c6yrw.jpg

Also, Madoka is the best girl. She has all the marus where it counts and is a pimp.

Does Madoka even count? I mean she's the main dude.

Offscreen, in the last episode, as I remember it.

They show two other worlds on screen. They don't show the whole trip through hyperspace, but the end of the 2nd season has them visit two worlds.

It has the best :sdburton OT3 in anime.

Oh, I dunno. There's also Gunbuster.

Nobunagun 1~2
The superior Nobunaga based show. This one also uses historical figures but just to have an excuse to have weird powers. Everything I know about Japan's history is what anime/manga told me so I probably have the wrongest version of Japan's history in my head. And what is this weird fixation that Japan has with Jack The Ripper?

It would be funny to see a Brazilian historical figures in one of those weird shows but that's pretty much impossible.

Man whatevs. In Brazil they come with corn, tato bits, egg and pineapple. Brazilian style burgers are where it is AT.

Corn and eggs (the famous Eggsburger) are pretty common but I don't remember ever seeing those other things on burgers around here. Specially pineapples.

Maison Ikkoku - 01~10
oOHtXKl.jpg

Admiral Woofington Souichiro-san, so dreamy. <3

Everyone is an asshole...or not, manager and Souichiro-san are nice.
Ichinose is so good imitating another people. "Godai-san ganbatte kudasai ne!" "Kyoko-san, I LOVE YOU!" lol
Haha, Ken Akamatsu is a hack. I'm expecting I'm going to have the same fun here that I had with Ranma 1/2. What I didn't expect was for
Souichiro-san to be Kyoko's late husband, I was thinking he would be some sort of platonic love.
Time for a new marathon!
VWRk5TA.jpg

Haha, this was so good

Syrinx

Full Metal Panic! 22

Man, Gauron does not have this situation at his mercy nearly as much as he thinks he does. Seriously, fire drill. What the hell was he thinking with that?

Future Card Buddyfight Episode 3 (engDub)

Tatsuya is a hilarious character with all of that rhyming and dancing. He needs to stick around and continue to inject this high energy into the anime. Buddyfight wise could be a bit stronger but still good combo and cards (like the Magic world alot).
The hi ougi from Gao was amazing, didnt think they would really have him use it so suddenly successfully. Most anime would build up to it or make lots of requirements to pass in order to even use the card. In Cardfight it took Aichi Sendou several episodes to even be able to use the giftcard card given

Doki Doki Precure 47

Why ?

WHY ?

I shouldn't have let my hopes up ( actually my hopes were down ) but still

WHAT A DISAPOINTING FINALE arc.

What makes this world different than trump kingdom ? because the "solution" the show has gotten is basicly ... People are selfish yes , but when people near them aren't they stop being selfish ?

LOOOOOOL

Reality doesn't work that way

Not better than this.

Even magical girl show reality doesn't work that way

This solution is stupid .

As for the fights it was DISAPOINTING , I repeat DISAPOINTING.
Nothing freaking happenned, they aren't even trying to hide it , this is not what should happen in a pre-final fight of a precure serie. This is NOT the time for words , we are past that ... this is time to let the fight go and decide a winner.. nothing of the sort happenned.

Cure Ace ? She was here to help because if cure heart was doing that by herself it would have been too obvious . Cure diamond fight ? After those episodes ? after that build - up ? .. NOTHING

NOTHING

Seriously ?The main heroine refuses to fight in a finale arc of a mgical girl show.

What the heck toei ? WHAT THE HECK

I remember dokidoki first episodes , all that promise ... The student body president that is perfect at first glance but should have showed some flaws later ( because last time i checked nobody is perfect ), her trusted friend and aide that should have been "something" and they almost did .. but in the end they did nothing.
Alice that was the defender yet was more fluent in offense . Makopi that was the cool warrior from a lost kingdom .

All of this potential .... They did nothing with it. This is absurd.

How the heck can you have such a casting at the start ..and go nowhere from here ?

How is this possible ?

WHO NEED TO BE FIRED at toei ? who's responsible for this mess ? WHo ?

I haven't even talked graphics ... the episode was QUALITY. The entire serie had way too much QUALITY. Smile had quality , but they knew the right moment to BLOW the eye and output the right scenes In smile we got 7 "meh " episodes for 9 "excellent" ones with animation , effects , choegraphy .... what happenned ? As long as something is happenning with a bit of action every detail is lost. Is it because everyone's busy working on sain seya omega ? IS that it ? because i'm gonna watch SSO soon ... and i hope it's not crap because toei , this was freaking boring , this was worse than cliché ..you don't have the right to make a final arc in a precure serie this BORING.

CorvoSol

Corn and eggs (the famous Eggsburger) are pretty common but I don't remember ever seeing those other things on burgers around here. Specially pineapples.

I had pineapple and potato chippings on my burgers in Goias. Given the way typical dishes vary slightly from state to state I suppose this isn't that surprising.

When you have this much swag?

OXNS4.gif

Hell yeah she does. She's the shit, and I don't usually go for the main girls.

Dude, she's the Main Guy. She barely even counts as a girl.

Full Metal Panic! 22

Man, Gauron does not have this situation at his mercy nearly as much as he thinks he does. Seriously, fire drill. What the hell was he thinking with that?

What was wrong with the fire drill again? Besides, this is Gauron. Having the situation under his control is probably barely on the list of his priorities. Hearing that one or two people escaped to come and fight him is possibly exactly what he wants.

EDIT: Nine minutes into The Mystical Laws and it's utter bullshit. I assume that "East Asia" means "China" because that's the only East Asian power that could somehow rise up to dominance on a world stage in so short a time. But if it IS China, them using the Swastika makes no sense. Now I know it's an Asian symbol but there's NO WAY that Happy Science is meaning it in that sense. Which is even funnier, because during the 2nd World War China was against the Nazis while Japan was on their side.

But more bullshit than that is that China just sank two US Navy cruisers and the world is not now ending in a nuclear holocaust. Because that's what should be happening. No matter how much China has grown in the 20 minutes into the future that this movie takes place, it just attacked America. America's military might doesn't just vanish over night, buddy. Set this two hundred years from now and okay, sure, but I don't even know if this movie is a full hundred years down the road. You just attacked America, China, and you should be prepared to bend over and take some nukes now.

Like for reals of all the bullshit in all the bullshit movies of Happy Science, this is the first thing to piss me off. Two world powers do not go to blows like this and the world keep going.

Branduil

Girls und Panzer 12

That finale was too hype.
Their strategy for taking out the Maus was too good.
You know, now that I think about it, what I like about this show is that, despite the absurd premise, it's actually a better sports show than most sports shows. Miho super-jumping aside, matches are won through smart tactics and skill, not shounen power-ups and its associated winning-through-the-power-of-belief nonsense(the British girls even comment on this). It's just refreshing to see victories that are actually both earned and comprehensible.

The real reason Cure Heart didn't want to fight is because they were running low on money.

No, don't expect much from 48 on that account either. And I don't really expect much from the finale either, since it looks like there's also QUALITY.

CorvoSol

President Tom. Bucks. Blatantly looks like Obama.

"We are no longer the Police of the World." You. Are. Fucking. Shitting. Me.

Fuck you, Okawa. Fuck you and your hokey film. I'mma go call President Daddy Warbucks and ask him for a trusty blaster.

and why main guy/girl shouldn't count ?

She counts because she is awesome , simple as that .

You can't be the harem protagonist and the Best Girl at the same time. It's madness!

You can't be the harem protagonist and the Best Girl at the same time. It's madness!
Dokidoki precure just did it.
( i'm serious )

The real reason Cure Heart didn't want to fight is because they were running low on money.

No, don't expect much from 48 on that account either. And I don't really expect much from the finale either, since it looks like there's also QUALITY.

My expectations were low ... they are now ( after seeing 47 even lower) ..right now dokidoki is : "better than Yes!precure" and that's it . i mean , WTF..
WTF

What i want from a precure finale :
1362008368984.gif

choegraphy , animation , superpowers , fighting.

What i got:

My reaction :
1368994573999.gif

Damn you Toei , Damn you

Dokidoki Precure! 47-48

As far as endgames go, it doesn't offend me. Although with
Bel eating the remnants of King Selfische and Mana going FINAL FORM, I guess the true final fight is next episode, since the king is saved and all.

Kazzy

Full Metal Panic! 22

He quickly goes from a calculated killer, to a complete buffoon.

Gazoinks

So my dad asked me if there were any good, fun anime like Fruits Basket I'd recommend to him. He then said he looked up popular stuff on the internet and came up with Fairy Tale and Recently My Sister Is Unusual. ;_;

So anyway after resisting the temptation to recommend Utena or Madoka, I told him to watch Bunny Drop.

CorvoSol

Okay fuck it Mystical Laws just retconned The Rebirth of Buddha and now literally nothing in Okawa's religion makes any sense to me anymore. This should be well and after the Rebirth of Buddha. So how is Joe Blow here the Buddha they've been waiting for.

I legit do not know what people in Happy Science believe, and after hours of watching their materials I feel no closer to understanding at all.

Syrinx

So my dad asked me if there were any good, fun anime like Fruits Basket I'd recommend to him. He then said he looked up popular stuff on the internet and came up with Fairy Tale and Recently My Sister Is Unusual. ;_;

So anyway after resisting the temptation to recommend Utena or Madoka, I told him to watch Bunny Drop.

Ooohhh that second one...that's an awkward moment waiting to happen.

Bunny Drop is good. Tell him to check out Ouran High School Host Club, too, assuming he hasn't seen that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom