• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

ibzshn9YU9U7NO.gif

:Based-Ko

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 39

5th "child", who actually isn't a child. Her tale is interwoven with seamless bed cover making skills, on top of her tales of wanting her dad's consent to marrying a dude who shares a name with me, but with the wrong spelling.... and that he's white, whereas I'm not. So it's not me at all.

There's also some trouble going on
in the Human World, where the flower is invading some more, but nothing is done about it yet. Probably will be dealt with for the final child.

Next up, episode 40.

CrimsonN0

Well, its not the anime, but anyone find a good summary of the recent Durarara Vol.13.
The anime covered 1-3, 4-10 are translated, and theres summaries of 11-12.

Its apparently the end of Durarara First Arc/Part 1.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 48

So did Mizuki already know about Miya or what?

Anyway Masquerade needs to return. Screw the bento shop and screw the school. Other people can run those.

Tenchi GXP Dub 15

Fuku is too adorable :3

Honestly I really enjoyed this episode overall, good balance of action, fan service, and comedy one of the best episodes of the show thus far.

Space Brothers 85:
Mutta and Kenji is truly one of the best bromances in all of anime. It's so much fun to see them working together.
That scene with Kenji reaching his hand out was so emotional after what they had been through in the previous episodes.
Mutta seems to have distinguished himself pretty well throughout this training, and he really dealt with all of the adversity well, even using it to come up with even stronger ideas.

cajunator

Banned
Nourin 3

Ending: Naked Aprons!

Becky is best Sensei/Christmas cake/Bride.

There's like no competing against her.

I do consider Ringo officially 2nd best girl now because of her pureness and of course DAT ASS.

Kei is best bro. He wears that Borat swimsuit with pride.

I need to see this Nourin.

Burton please.

Everyone knows that Origami holds that title.

Yes. Toobitchy is the worst worst. Maybe she could compete in a show with less perfect waifus.

Branduil

I find it really bizarre that no one in this show cares enough about that. It's just like
Oh hey person/people who ATE MY DAD, how are you doing today?

Well they do, but just in a "Hey don't trust her" kind of way like she's a con artist instead of the
the person who ate your dad.

CorvoSol

Project A-Ko 2

Mari > B-Ko > Sexy Sensei > A-Ko >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> C-Ko.

Like f'reals, C-Ko is so dumb. And we're not taking Mako dumb where it is endearing and cute, C-Ko is "God how does she remember how to BREATHE?" dumb. Kind of a huge oversight considering friendship with C-Ko drives 900% of the series' plot.

Fanservice in this is all over the place, haha. On the one hand last episode they're totally okay with showing a topless B-Ko, but now they're like "Hey let's not show A-Ko naked here, instead we'll spend the entire time zooming in and out on her butt." and then there was B-Ko's dad in her battle suit. No. Thanks.

I was kind of hoping the aliens would actually succeed, though, cuz then we'd have a change of scenery.

CrimsonN0

Project A-Ko 2

Mari > B-Ko > Sexy Sensei > A-Ko >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> C-Ko.

Like f'reals, C-Ko is so dumb. And we're not taking Mako dumb where it is endearing and cute, C-Ko is "God how does she remember how to BREATHE?" dumb. Kind of a huge oversight considering friendship with C-Ko drives 900% of the series' plot.

Fanservice in this is all over the place, haha. On the one hand last episode they're totally okay with showing a topless B-Ko, but now they're like "Hey let's not show A-Ko naked here, instead we'll spend the entire time zooming in and out on her butt." and then there was B-Ko's dad in her battle suit. No. Thanks.

I was kind of hoping the aliens would actually succeed, though, cuz then we'd have a change of scenery.
I remember being super confused watching this series on the Sci-Fi Channel when I was a kid.
It wasn't until way later I found that they were all actually seperate from one another despite the characters.
Don't really remember much either except for A-Ko's strength, B-Ko's battle suit, and C-Ko's crying, though.

cajunator

Banned
no reason.

Actually i made too many gis because i was excited.
I can post my tentatives 2 & 3 if you want :)

*nods to spoiler*
Way to late to scream "this isn't what i wanted" when you messed things up to the point of no return.

Damn that episode ending

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

She is the most guilable girl and she is miles ahead origami.

We're both gonna end anemic at this rate.

Yes please post them. I can handle any amount of cute you throw at me.

Inuyasha is legitimately good. I can't really find too much issue with the rest of that list, though (although I wouldn't really consider Bleach to be particularly watchable).

Yeah, Yusaku doesn't show up too much largely because he can just completely outclass Conan, and so they have to come up with reasons to keep him off the table. Yusaku's appearances are pretty much always enjoyable, too. But he can't show up too often because he'd just solve all the problems in the series, so he needs to always be on the run from his publishers or out of contact.

Inuyasha isnt good but it was very tolerable and at itmes fun for about 54 episodes. then it was just repetitive and lost is luster for me. That I watched 54 episodes of it is a positive for a shounen show though.

CorvoSol

I remember being super confused watching this series on the Sci-Fi Channel when I was a kid.
It wasn't until way later I found that they were all actually seperate from one another despite the characters.
Don't really remember much either except for A-Ko's strength, B-Ko's battle suit, and C-Ko's crying, though.

So far they're connected, but I think the overall series might not be. Not a lot to A-Ko, B-Ko and C-Ko than what you've mentioned, haha.

Tenchi GXP 16

The first half was beyond random, random cyborg spy captures the heroes but he didn't and whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Then the scenes on Earth really didn't go anywhere, I was expecting more slapstick with all of the harem and his parents.

Quasar

Watched some stuff.

Magical Warfare 3 - and we have a stereotypical triangle setup where the best girl looses. This show is really too by the numbers for me. Dropped.

Nourin 3 - Too gag focused for me especially since again the gag went on way way to long. Dropped.

Strike the Blood 15 - OKish I guess. Didn't quite expect that. hopefully the next arc is a bit better. My interest is waning.

Golden Time 15 - Liked this episode. Kind of surprised Koko is a competent driver.

Silver Spoon 2.03 - Excellent episode.
So the Dad knows now about his feelings towards Mikage.

Nagi no Asukara 15 - Nice episode.
What a dick Uroko is

Utena ep 15
tumblr_mzxtp9nfI71qbxqfpo1_500.png

Best ideals he has, though still cheering for those affiliated with the black rose at the end of the world.

Kozue (couldn't figure out her accent (engdub)) probably thus far one of the most competent fencers in the show which made the duel actually interesting and intense though too short.
Really hope the next one wont just dispose of the characters plots after one duel, have more people who are recurring and actually wanting craving to be the Rose Bride

Miki was hilarious at the start, being flustered and everything over the piano and then his voice too, it was the best vocal moment of the series thus far.

CorvoSol

Utena ep 15
tumblr_mzxtp9nfI71qbxqfpo1_500.png

Best ideals he has, though still cheering for those affiliated with the black rose at the end of the world.

Kozue (couldn't figure out her accent (engdub)) probably thus far one of the most competent fencers in the show which made the duel actually interesting and intense though too short.
Really hope the next one wont just dispose of the characters plots after one duel, have more people who are recurring and actually wanting craving to be the Rose Bride

Miki was hilarious at the start, being flustered and everything over the piano and then his voice too, it was the best vocal moment of the series thus far.

Akio's great and you haven't even seen why yet.

cnet128

Banned
Oops, I fell asleep for a few hours after watching just one anime episode. Didn't mean to do that. Better get watching more.

Personally I've been able to identify voice actors/actresses by voice for years now. It's gotten to the point where they can just do kind of "miscellaneous" type noises, like a simple laugh or grunt of pain, and I can often tell who it is.

Sometimes it is kind of funny seeing peoples reactions to characters they didn't know were voiced by the same person. This one is probably more obvious but how many know that Kill la Kill's Ryuuko is voiced by the same person as Spice and Wolf's Holo, the seiyuu Ami Koshimizu? She also does the voice for Yukiko in Persona 4 (amongst many other characters from many other shows).

Ahhh, you see, I think I'm pretty decent at the whole seiyuu-recognising game in general, but Koshimizu Ami is one of those few prominent seiyuu that my mind doesn't seem to have quite properly got a handle on yet for some reason.

I guess she must just have a lot of range or something, because sometimes she strikes me as Miyukichi-lite, and other times her voice is nothing like that. She is always very distinctive in one way or another, though. And she's doing a pretty damn amazing job as Ryuuko <3

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 40

I really think this is giving me a lot of signals of what is about to go down, on top of
Naisho 13, which... I'll leave for rewatching afterwards

I'm a sucker for when there's a noticable shift in terms of how an episode is directed, and this episode isn't an exception. But anyway, this feels like some sort of wake up call, on what Doremi wants to do, on top of future decisions. It's... strange... it's like the one thing that was thrown in my face many times, but I never even stopped to consider it was basically asked. I don't know why I didn't think of it. Maybe because... it never happened? And so due to previous events in the franchise, the possibility
of humans having a longer life span if they became a witch
never really crossed my mind until now. And I think this knowledge could probably cause a shift in choices laid out in the future.

Tenchi GXP 17

Cross over episode with the Tenchi Muyo cast made me nostalgia hard and makes me want to go back and watch those series again. Though I find it funny when they have uncensored breast with no tits. They do it in manga as well, I guess it's a way to avoid censorship?

Casshews Sin 6: This show is bad... NUT

Another solid episode. But I think I'm done for the day. This is depressing me. Guess I'll watch an animu film instead to wash off this depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom