• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the first of many weekly released CMs for Mekaku City Actors by Shaft is out.

1390662438239jxs7q.png

http://youtu.be/nZv_apH8Jao

Ene will be voiced by Kana Asumi.

Desert Punk Dub 1

This show is pretty hilarious with great action and lovely fan service. Eric Vale is an awesome voice actor. Dub makes this show hilariously entertaining, that OP/ED are incredible.

Narag

Gifu Dodo!! Kanetsugu & Keiji 23

Kind of a hype episode where Kanetsugu is headed to likely death (although we know he doesn't die since he's telling this story years later) in order to protect Uesugi and Echigo.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sakura Trick - 03

Best show of the season continues to be the best show of the season. The reactions from Yuu's sister when
she caught the two making out and later on finding the love tree were so hilarious.

Please let it be next week already!!

cajunator

Banned
Desert Punk Dub 1

This show is pretty hilarious with great action and lovely fan service. Eric Vale is an awesome voice actor. Dub makes this show hilariously entertaining, that OP/ED are incredible.

Hot damn. Finally someone watches this. One of the funniest animes I have seen. Dub is almost a requirement.

Desert Punk Dub 2

The fight between Desert Punk and Rain Spider had me in stitches, the rock mayor was also pretty awesome. This show reminds me a lot of Trigun in how it handles itself, great action with great comedy.

Narag

Gifu Dodo!! Kanetsugu & Keiji 24

ZIUra4vl.jpg
ht8AS8kl.png

sdl9Yxq.png
jjRfH5xl.png

In this ep, Kanetsugu adopts a puppy.

Past couple eps have handled the "buddies sharing a story over a drink" framing better than it had previously. Much more natural interruption, asking to go back to something previous point, etc.used for some dramatic effect rather than the usual "And so so-and-so..." the second guy would say in response to fill time.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sakura Trick - 03

Best show of the season continues to be the best show of the season. The reactions from Yuu's sister when
she caught the two making out and later on finding the love tree were so hilarious.

Please let it be next week already!!

Glad other people are enjoying it!

People who dismiss the show as yuri fodder are selling it short. I think Sakura Trick is a really great show, its probably the most refreshing romance anime I've watched in a long time. There is none of the usual anime bullshit of spending a dozen episodes with the people contemplating a confession, none of the bullshit of people and obstacles getting in their way, none of the bullshit where even after the confession they spend a dozen episodes getting to the handholding stage or maybe a kiss for a second. Sakura Trick is just a show about the physical and emotional exploration of people in love and its something you really don't get much of in anime.

The only way they could fuck this is up is if they introduced a ghost or something.

so what's the best way to catch up on one piece? Should I just read the manga and watch clips of the fights? I'm in episode 83 right now but there's like 600 something episodes...

Yozakura Quartet: Hoshi no Umi

I'm kinda burnt out on anime at the moment (other than Nisekoi, oddly), but I guess this was pretty good. I'm mainly just finishing stuff up so I can put things on my AOTY ballot. It almost feels like a chore, really.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh definitely. Think it got a tepid response in here but I would have watched the shit out of a full series.
It had the vibe of a Tanken Driland, where for whatever reason the innocence of the main character and the very easily morality of the fantasy world is very easy to get into. Of course, even Tanken has been lost to the ether of the internet, so I have no idea if I could sustain myself on one of these shows.

Ginga e Kickoff was pretty cool though.

Theonik

Dragon Knight OVA
This was a far cry from Gaiden. Much more expressive and the whole thing was hilarious, made even better with the ADV dub. It didn't feature much sakuga, but it was competent enough to serve the work. Some great faces too.
This was of course made in 1991, 4 years before the sequel and it shows.
It's also pretty much clean save for some soft nudity and ecchi antics(dat VHS video quality nipple censor). I'd sooner watch this in public than to finish Eiken!

Acosta

This is a random thought but I was checking the IGN Top 10 OPs and I was thinking that, as a practically newcomer, I have DECADES of anime to watch in front of me. There is a ton of shows I haven't seen and that could interest me.

The last week I didn't know what GTO was for crying loud.

Dunno, it makes me happy. It's the first time I really have engaged anime and it´s becoming such a great experience. Hope it doesn't fade in a long, long time.

BTW, I have bought the blu-ray of Cowboy Bebop, I have heard is pretty good :)P).

Kill la Kill 15

I finally catched with this, I like the show, it´s really fun to watch, I vastly prefer it over Panty & Stocking, both give me this feeling of style over substance (which is ok for me). It´s less about the story and more about the aesthetics and the best moments of the characters. I have not watched Gurren Lagann to compare.

I love the voice of Nonon, it´s hilarious, it has been bothering me that she reminds me other voice (in a videogame I think), but I can't put my finger on it.

Theonik

This is a random thought but I was checking the IGN Top 10 OPs and I was thinking that, as a practically newcomer, I have DECADES of anime to watch in front of me. There is a ton of shows I haven't seen and that could interest me.

The last weak I didn't know what GTO was for crying loud.

Dunno, it makes me happy. It's the first time I really have engaged anime and it´s becoming such a great experience. Hope it doesn't fade in a long, long time.
But you have literally hundreds of things to look forward to before that happens. Or even more if you space the great stuff with other random curios.

Desert Punk Dub 4

So I guess this little girl becomes the female lead of this show, seems like an interesting character though I hope she becomes useful to DP before the series is over instead of a just there character.

Nisekoi Episode 3 – Two of a Kind
tumblr_mzywntf2dk1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Was laughing way more than I expected from this anime, certainly more than the manga, the classroom scene, the scene when Onodera got all flustered, and many more. This was a good lunchtime show this saturday.

OST has some good songs playing.

Theonik

Man, the K-ON! Movie packaging work is some of the worst anime packaging I've ever seen. (talking about printing/cover design, this is for the UK version)
They look like Chinese bootlegs. It's pretty hilarious honestly. The letters and the logos look fine but the rest looks like it was scanned with a poor scanner and set to 50% JPEG setting on photoshop. Holy artefacts batman.

Desert Punk Dub 5

Well that... unexpected, I'm expecting we'll eventually find out this was all a swerve next episode. Sadly I've got to get ready for work :(

People who dismiss the show as yuri fodder are selling it short. I think Sakura Trick is a really great show, its probably the most refreshing romance anime I've watched in a long time. There is none of the usual anime bullshit of spending a dozen episodes with the people contemplating a confession, none of the bullshit of people and obstacles getting in their way, none of the bullshit where even after the confession they spend a dozen episodes getting to the handholding stage or maybe a kiss for a second. Sakura Trick is just a show about the physical and emotional exploration of people in love and its something you really don't get much of in anime.

The only way they could fuck this is up is if they introduced a ghost or something.
Ghost banri just made a scar on everyone...
No more ghosts for this season.

The last week I didn't know what GTO was for crying loud.

I'm mostly in the same boat. I've only been watching for about 4-5 months. My Crunchyroll queue is always sitting at like 20 shows and then there's stuff not on CR I want to watch as well. Not sure what I'll do about those, I watch all my stuff on my Nexus 10. Using Hulu Plus is a miserable experience because of the ads. Some stuff is on Amazon Prime video but Amazon is being a dick by not making an Android app except for the Kindles. Not a big deal for now since I have so much stuff I can still watch.

Cwarrior

so what's the best way to catch up on one piece? Should I just read the manga and watch clips of the fights? I'm in episode 83 right now but there's like 600 something episodes...

Trust me you don't catch up so quickly, once your done your going be left with a bad case of one piece withdrawal waiting for a new chapter or ep every week.

Best thing to do is take your time & savor it, your close to ep86 which is an incredible episode so might as well stick with that.

Man, the K-ON! Movie packaging work is some of the worst anime packaging I've ever seen. (talking about printing/cover design, this is for the UK version)
They look like Chinese bootlegs. It's pretty hilarious honestly. The letters and the logos look fine but the rest looks like it was scanned with a poor scanner and set to 50% JPEG setting on photoshop. Holy artefacts batman.

Holy shit. You're right. Just checked my own copy and there's artefacts everywhere on the images. Even the small ones on the back of the cover.

Theonik

Holy shit. You're right. Just checked my own copy and there's artefacts everywhere on the images. Even the small ones on the back of the cover.
From appearance it looks like they got everything except for the text as single image which they compressed in JPEG (or google searched)
Then they went and added their own text and logos on top. Literally a 10 minute hackjob.

World Conquest Zvezda Plot Episode 3

JPN doesnt have a smoking ban or something? That was such an odd premise to me (though I guess since I haven't seen smoking in restaurants here in years and various distance rules and such to buildings).

Second hand smoke is powerful though that whole second half

CorvoSol

FULL METAL PANIC! SIGMA'S LAST VOLUME IS TRANSLATED TODAY!

Getter Robo? DROPPED.
Mobile Suit Gundam? Dropped.
Sorcerous Stabber Orphen? Dropped.
Hyouka? Dropped.
Kenya Boy? DROPPED.
Project A-Ko? DROPPED.
Persona 4 TAS? DROPPED.
Gundam Build Fighters? DROPPED.
Kill la Kill? DROPPED.
Samurai Flamenco? DROPPED.
Space Dandy? Dropped.
Nobunaga the Fool? DROPPED.

EVERYTHING IS DROPPED.

It's FMP! Time, baby.

Theonik

PuPiPo 06
Man that kid going straight for the jugular. I think the signs of it being a short show are finally really showing. It felt like this should have been resolved rather than the episode ending.

From appearance it looks like they got everything except for the text as single image which they compressed in JPEG (or google searched)
Then they went and added their own text and logos on top. Literally a 10 minute hackjob.

Yeah. I looked at the Season 2 covers now as well. They're a bit bad too. Not as bad as the movie cover though. S2 covers looks more PNG scan than JPG scan.

FULL METAL PANIC! SIGMA'S LAST VOLUME IS TRANSLATED TODAY!

Getter Robo? DROPPED.
Mobile Suit Gundam? Dropped.
Sorcerous Stabber Orphen? Dropped.
Hyouka? Dropped.
Kenya Boy? DROPPED.
Project A-Ko? DROPPED.
Persona 4 TAS? DROPPED.
Gundam Build Fighters? DROPPED.
Kill la Kill? DROPPED.
Samurai Flamenco? DROPPED.
Space Dandy? Dropped.
Nobunaga the Fool? DROPPED.

EVERYTHING IS DROPPED.

It's FMP! Time, baby.

Now I need to remember what was the last volume they released here in Brazil, reading it later too.

cajunator

Banned

Lol yeah. I dunno how anyone could hate Sakura Trick unless they just cant stand yuri.

Desert Punk Dub 3

Punk is insane, but he is brilliant in his insanity. Who can blame him though when you have massive knockers on the mind?

I love how that woman drives him nuts all the time. One of the funniest things about it.
Hes always getting in trouble when they cross paths.
How many other shows have a live action OP like that?

CorvoSol

Now I need to remember what was the last volume they released here in Brazil, reading it later too.

Oh man do they do Brazilian translations? That'd be a fun way to go through it for me.

Full Metal Panic! 1

Man, after all the shitty anime, after Happy Science, after ICE and Apocalypse Zero and Arjuna and every other horrible, no good, very bad anime I've watched lately, let me just say it feels great to come back to this series. Doubtless I will watch the entire series a second time this year and again next year and I don't even care, because it feels like coming home. It's just so good to me.

Looking over it there's a lot of stuff that Gonzo does that you'll not be seeing later on, like the crazy zoom into Melissa's eye at the end of the episode and the rampant panty shots, but that's besides the point.

The point is delicious 2D M9s.

Sekai Seifuku 3
ibsyPrnTjUuoPF.jpg

Best background character, fuwafuwa.
So does Okamura have a massive thing against smokers? I didn't think about when I thought of November 11 from Darker than Black but now it feels like he's sort of pushing his ideals with this episode. I hope this doesn't happen again, because I loved the first two episodes and I don't want it to be ruined by Okamura jerking himself off.

CorvoSol

I think all of us still watching Samurai Flamenco need to sit down and have a long discussion on how that show jumped the motherfucking sharknado.

I'm not as far as everyone else is but the two or three episodes I've watched since resuming it tell me that the first sign things were no longer what they were was "Flamenco Girl." Show has taken on a completely different tone since introducing her.

Narag

Gifu Dodo!! Kanetsugu & Keiji 25 FIN

L2PgUwEl.png

Eat your heart out, Space Brothers crowds.

Huh, so this did end really well. Get the strong feeling that things were stretched out in the second cour given the gag recap ep and some of the strange political stuff. Like I said at the start, it's a shame DEEN kept on being DEEN for this because dat Imagawa script was good. Writing carried the show and made it much better than it ought to have been. I still think it could have been something special if the rest of the production was up to that standard.

Hagi

Sekai Seifuku - 01

This is the most anime thing I've watched in a long time, so weird. I'm going to give this a few episodes to see where they go with it. Hopefully we get some more members of Zvedtahahdblahv who wear actual clothes.

cnet128

Banned
World Conquest Zvezda Plot Episode 3

JPN doesnt have smoking ban or something, that was such an odd premise to me (though I guess since I havent seen smoking in restaurants here in years and various distance rools and such to buildings).

Smoking is fucking everywhere in Japan. One of the things that pissed me off to no end while I was there. I was like "let's go out drinking with friends that sounds like a good idea" and then once we were in a bar I was like "actually FUCK I CAN'T BREATHE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom