• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. All this Hidamari is good. So gooood
MOAR

Fully agreed!

wbjupKq.gif

There has been a lot of top ten topics as of late and the lists are quite unique and varied. So it made me curious and think, what are you guys' top ten favourite anime series/films?

1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
2. Code Geass
3. Hunter X Hunter
4. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
5. Fairy Tail
6. Black Jack
7. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
8. Clannad After Story
9. Kino's Journey.
10. Kill la Kill

cajunator

Banned
Taking note of this...the bolded I haven't seen yet. I definitely trust your taste :D.

I think youll enjoy those particularly.
Kinos journey is anime that makes you think. Very philosophical and will leave an impression on you.
Magic Knight Rayearth is a really fun magical girl/mecha fusion show from the 90s. Twelve kingdoms is a fish out of water very epic story (requires a lot of attention to keep up with it) and Gunsmith cats is like one of those fun 90s rated r cop movies. Lots of fun stuff in those four titles.

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! 11

Gosh darn, Kalinin is so cool. He's all "I won't tell you jack." and then Seina KNOWS he won't because that man is stone cold. And she's all "You look more like priest than a warrior." and later on Kurz is like "Where's my thank you hug?" and Kalinin goes "thank you for your hard work, Sgt. Webber."

Frickin' Kalinin, man. Guy is so cool. Except his borscht.

Hozuki no Reitetsu 3

I've definitely warmed up to this. The first episode was imposing with how it threw me into a mythological/cultural world that I'm not too familiar with, but the more I get to know the characters the more charm I find in them. Especially Hozuki, which is good since he's the main character. The abusive relationship he has with his boss Enma is great. There's a good balance between different kinds of comedy: character-based, physical, intellectual, and the obtuse. So while not every joke hits its mark, enough of them do to keep me entertained.

Plus there's the exquisite art direction, inspired by traditional Japanese art, handled by Yusuke Takeda, veteran of such beautiful background art shows as Eccentric Family, Moribito, and Sword Art Online.

survivor

Banned
Neon Genesis Evangelion 1

I don't have anything interesting to say about the events of the story since it's fairly standard boy meets mecha, but this was really beautiful. Hand drawn mecha? Cars that don't look ugly? Non-shitty washed out digital colouring? Why can't it be the 90s forever?

Pretty sure there is a theme here , and i can see the logic behind this list ..but i'm not even sure witch is the prevalent theme when i have to see this list as a whole.

Cute girls with decent fanservice ?
Anime that shouldn't be on this list but I like them. But then I ran out of shows and had to put a few that might actually be good.

CorvoSol

On the other hand of Dresden's theory of Best Girl not ever winning, Senjougahara and Araragi have been together the whole show, so perhaps Dresden's got a point.

On the other hand of Dresden's theory of Best Girl not ever winning, Senjougahara and Araragi have been together the whole show, so perhaps Dresden's got a point.

When you're forced to making sure that two characters can get in to a functioning relationship / are compatible with each other, I imagine it limits a lot of your characterization options.

cajunator

Banned
And here's a list of 5 anime series I like in alphabetical order:
Ah! My Goddess
Azumanga Daioh
Clannad + After Story
Hidamari Sketch
Kanon (2006)

My list changes a lot recently but Hidamari has to be somewhere. Its so cute and makes me always feel better but placing it is difficult.

The lioness uses all of her strength, even when hunting a rabbit.

You meant goddess. Im sure it was a mistake so its cool

CorvoSol

Except that the winning girl is without a doubt shinobu.

Because Araragi spends more time with Shinobu than with his girlfriend? Either way, the Best Girl, Hanekawa, is still single as can be. Which is funny, 'cuz Hanekawa's gone further with Senjou than Araragi at this point.
Fuck y'all, if it ain't on screen, it din't hap'n.

Full Metal Panic! 12

So the Behemoth Arc wraps up and we see Sousuke defeat a Behemoth with the most ease that anyone not on a New Game + could possibly defeat a Behemoth. I mean he takes that bastard down with ONE shot. Do you know how long it takes a first playthrough to bring down a goddamn Behemoth? An absurd amount of time. Even if you've got a fucking G and Freedom in your party, alongside the Arbalest.

I really, really hope that SRWZ3 does the plot of FMP Sigma, though, because
having to fight those Behemoths during the Fall of Merida Island would be NUUUUUUTS.

Yamato 12

Things are getting weird. Let's see if I get this straight
-There is some spiritual/magic being that lives within the Yamato's AI.
-There's all sorts of wacky political drama/power struggle shenanigans going on in the background. I'm guessing this new general guy is going to be a major player in shaping the future of the nation since he seems good and stuff.
-The king guy is planning to merge their planet with the planet Yamato is going to? I guess.

I'm done for tonight. Really good stuff aside from a few well-angled shots that seem really out of place.

you can't see me but i'm judging you right now from a distance

it's a pity that jackass shut down the anime thread

not that i don't love you guys

i do
I think we had this same thing happen like a year ago. I figured out who that person was last time. This time I'm too lazy~ Anyways, I think I tried to sign up as pikapuff with the wrong email, and Owlowiscious ended up getting approved on NeoGAF first.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Kill la Kill - 15

That was pretty legit, love the
new 3 star uniforms.

Satsuki x Nonon for life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom