• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Engaged to the Unidentified 1-3

Watched this purely out of boredom but surprisingly enjoyable. Benio is great, and watching how she teases Mashiro in every episode is hilarious and adorable.

Space Dandy 4:
The second half of the episode was pretty funny and unique. There was a little slog in the early going, but by the time the narrator is talking about
zombie hunters being hired by insurance companies
I was on board 100%.

Solid as an overall episode, although I wished that the first half was paced better.

My friend called me while I was watching the episode of Space Johnny Bravo and I completely missed the second half. But he has it recorded in HD so I guess I'll watch it next weekend with him (alongside episode 5)

789shadow

Banned
Space Dandy 4

AOTY 2014 solely for this fucking episode. Please tell me that someone was able to gif the door opening to
Zombie Meow.

Syrinx

Space Dandy 4

This was awesome.
Insurance companies hiring zombie hunters to stop them from collecting life insurance.
Fantastic.

Branduil

Well, posting in a "game censored for loli images" thread isn't even being outside the "safe zone," it's posting in a minefield with a timebomb strapped to your back. It only takes one misstep, LOL.

Or you can just be like that one guy and run screaming naked into the minefield.

CorvoSol

Or you can just be like that one guy and run screaming naked into the minefield.

I didn't know Chickdigger was back from his ban yet.

Full Metal Panic! 14

A lot of MSG references in this episode, but the one lingering question is who was the bigger bitch: Kaname or Shinji?
Kaname, since Shinji got over it by the end of the episode.

Nourin 03

KiNkI7kl.jpg

I'm really liking all the style shifts going on here. It's a nice visual break to an what is pretty much Silver Spoon harem edition.

Though all the farm activity were pretty amusing.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Speaking of Gintama...

Gintama - 72

Yamato references and giant wrestling dogs. This show just gets sillier and sillier in the best way possible.

It really is. But to be fair, Gintama is one of the greatest anime to have ever aired on television.

And now that animeGAF is slowly bandwaggoning to it it's time to celebrate

http://i.imgur.com/zll0aSu.gif

I was watching Gintama before it was cool!

Mature

Patlabor: The TV Series - 1-2 (BD)
Very charming first couple of episodes. The cast of characters have a great synergy from the get go. It seems like Patlabor's strength in it's characters allow them a dynamic range in tone. Feels like I only scratched the surface, but I'm really into what I've seen so far.

Quasar

There has been a lot of top ten topics as of late and the lists are quite unique and varied. So it made me curious and think, what are you guys' top ten favourite anime series/films?

I dont know about 10 but looking at my MAL list it would include:

- Spice and Wolf
- Ah My Goddess
- Hyouka
- Chihayafuru
- Eccentric Family
- Natsume
- Suzuka
- Clannad AS
- Nodame Cantabile
- Monogatari

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! 15

This was the first episode I ever saw of FMP, and honestly I think it kicks off the best arc in the original show's plotline. Everything prior to this point has been a fairly light-hearted romp, and even the Khanka and Behemoth arcs at their heaviest aren't much more than James Bond thrillers. The Winds of the Homeland Arc, though, is where shit gets REALLY, REALLY dark, and is Gauron at his most lethal. It doesn't help that the Americans who team up with Sousuke for this have to be the dumbest non-traitors in Mythril, but shit goes from bad to worse in no time flat. And all the while Kaname is back home, safe and sound, and sulking because no Sousuke around for her to fail to hook up with in the summertime.

I really like the juxtaposition, actually, of Kaname's lazy summer days with Sousuke fighting tooth and nail to survive the hellish return to his former homeland.

Fun fact: Helmajistan is actually Afghanistan. They changed the name in the dub because the show came on around the same time the US was actually invading Afghanistan. Which is also interesting because the US-Soviet-Afghanistan conflict is a major historical moment in FMP, so America invading Afghanistan again is kinda ironic in that sense. But the point is they changed it to Helmajistan because the arc
is about a bunch of American soldiers dying tragic deaths in Afghanistan
and that would've been REALLY, REALLY close to home back when this aired.

Gazoinks

Space Dandy 4

People weren't kidding. This was a huge improvement over the last three episodes. It was actually, y'know, funny. More in this vein please.

"For some reason we have the inexplicable urge to go to the mall."

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There has been a lot of top ten topics as of late and the lists are quite unique and varied. So it made me curious and think, what are you guys' top ten favourite anime series/films?
Although I've seen plenty in the last few years, I don't know if I could genuinely fill out a top ten based on what I watched, unless you sort of include shows that people would consider "guilty pleasures" or otherwise average.

In no particular order except #1 and #2.

Aria
Gintama
K-On!!
Yamato 2199
Monogatari SS
Sailor Moon
Hyouka
Kimi ni Todoke
Hidamari Sketch
Sora no Woto

Branduil

Flowers of Evil 2

The animation in this is still really ugly. I think part of the problem is that the cost-cutting techniques anime likes to use don't work as well with rotoscoping; it's not an ideal technique to mix with limited animation. I mean there were a couple of times I thought the video froze because they just held a single frame of animation for a few seconds before everyone started moving again. It's such a contrast to the beautiful background art.

Kasuga is probable the worst criminal of all time. Legit shook by everything. Nagahama is very skilled at portraying the subjective mood of a pretentious teenager who views his normal town as an unenlightened hell.

I hate the ending song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom