• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best news from an event ever, I wish I had the booklet! Best Rin pose.
tumblr_n00e6qWacu1sryfhko4_1280.jpg
tumblr_n00gz1pnzq1qzym5qo3_r1_1280.jpg

fertygo

Kuroko's Basketball - 41

Way to screw up my favorite match, IG >_>
The lack of animation really don't help the match length that getting longer.. holy shit this is frigging slideshow.

How you can "animate" 360 dunk and not any interesting whatsoever..

Trigun 7
Lady Luck isn't Vash's friend clearly. I guess the next episode is going to focus on this kid and his father while Vash somehow beats the Bad Lads

World Conquest 3

This would have been an amusing premise for a scene or two, but it wasn't nearly enough for an entire episode. It wore thin quickly and ended up pretty lame/boring.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yeah but you liked ICE.

Come at me jabroni.

*rolls up sleeves*

God fucking dammit.

=============================================

Recently My Sister Is Unusual - 04

Surprisingly tame episode for the most part, and it seems
there's another girl that can see the two when they're swapping bodies?

cajunator

Banned
Berserk - 02

Here we see Guts meet up with the anti christ and get a little insight into his horrific childhood.

I love the OST for this. It's a shame we don't really get any good serious fantasy/medieval type anime these days. It's a setting i really enjoy seeing used. Think I'll watch Record of Lodoss after i finish up this.

You should check out Those Who Hunt elves. Its fantasy but with a ton of comedy, like slayers. If you dont like it Im sure someone here will.

You'll learn the error of your ways soon enough.

Team Taichi is the only correct team.

Its the team Id choose for Chihaya

Defuser

Space Dandy ep 4
I must say the day in a life of a zombie documentary in the second half is bloody brilliant. I hope Watanabe and his gang is able to keep up this is up for the rest of the episodes.

cnet128

Banned
Kill la Kill - 15

That was pretty legit, love the
new 3 star uniforms.

New 3-Star Uniforms < Old 3-Star Uniforms <<<<<<<< Elite Four other than Nonon in gym clothes <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Nonon in buruma

Some people have disliked her since episode 1 so that's not happening.

And these people are not human.

(Though to be fair, episode 1 was Mashiro's weakest episode, so I can kind of forgive people for not adoring her after that one. Anyone who didn't adore her after episode 2 goes straight in the "space alien" category.)

I just prefer songs that sound like music.

But Hana isn't music. It's POST-music! As in, music is over now, this is what we replaced it with. Embrace your new overlord.

magi20a.jpg

mor = yoshino
chains = writing ability
al 'n ali = the audience

I'm sorry, but I just can't get behind any metaphor that equates Yoshino with bestest girl.

I'm watching Episode 24 of K-ON!! and something that struck me is that despite how common the high school setting is in anime, I think this is the first time I've seen someone graduate. It's some Van Wilder type shit.

You need to watch more high school anime, then. There are quite a few graduation scenes out there, and they're all crazy emotional. (I recommend Sakurasou's.)

&#8230;Admittedly K-ON!!'s graduation seems to be one of the most praised around here though. I really must actually get around to watching the rest of that show sometime.

Oh yeah, another thing about Nisekoi episode 3 - SHAFT's level of incompetence is off the charts in one key area. Do you remember Nisekoi episode 2? Apparently SHAFT don't. Here's how Onodera appeared towards the end of that episode:

shafted12lznr.png

At the start of the third episode Ichijou 'remembers' his conversation with Onodera and she looks like this:

shafted2i0xzh.png

Well, that can't be right can it? Not only wasn't she wearing that key but the fact that Onodera has a key is something of a plot point and something that Ichijou doesn't even know yet. So perhaps it was just a minor animation error? Oh wait:

shafted3mjlul.png

That's right, they cut to a zoom in on the key he doesn't know she has and that she wasn't wearing in that scene last episode. Bravo. They can't even flashabck without fucking it up.

Given this is Shaft, I wouldn't be surprised if this was intentional to reflect how he didn't notice it the first time. He did have other things on his mind, after all, and Shaft are no strangers to depicting things in subjective or non-literal ways if it suits their purposes.

ok i'm late to the party but i don't think i'll have enough time to change this list , so here it is :
My Anime 2013 vote post
Don't bite

Psch, you only gave descriptions for the top ten? That's still amateur hour. I gave descriptions for all 66 shows in my list!

Also what is Kinmoza doing all the way down there at number 40. And Tamako at 51. ò_ó

Dokidoki precure - 49
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah

Toei did it .

Just so we're clear i've enjoyed this episode.
Toei , did it
First , mana ,oh mana how broken must you be ? i knew from the very start that you started strong , but to end this strong ? Lol.
She started the first episode by lecturing the MOTW and she lectured the final bad guy !
Thumb up mana
"your selfishness make no sense ", " even i have some selfishness , so you can love too !"

LOOOOL
1390739531304.gif

Mana stats are too strong :p
it was entertaining as possible to watch a characters with specs totally off the roof , and the show knowing that ..mana started with her harem , ended with her harem and even the big mess , actually managed to close all the stuff they have going.

This finale is Miles better than smile. Ep 48 & 49 had action !! It was over the top , it was messy , they screwed a lot of steps but in the end , they managed to end properly .
Congratulations toei, it's clear that you actually know what you're doing.

There are several things that are actually different from normal precure finales.
First they acknowledge that the ennemy can't be beat for real
Second everyone is aware of the mess of the finale ( no retcon )
Third they became heroes of the state ?
Fourth they actually cleared every relationship ( including the mana harem )
Fifth , all the lieutenants are alive in the ending
Damn.
I was disapointed after 47, but 48 & 49 made me happy .. this is the finale i wanted.

Precure show ranking

1-Heartcatch
2-Splashstar
3-Dokidoki
4-Prettycure
5-Smile
6-Fresh
7-Max heart
8-Suite
9-Yes! gogo
10-Yes!

Doki girl ranking

Mana >>>>> regina >>>> Alice > Makopi > Rikka >Aguri

PsionBolt

Dokidoki precure - 49

Hooray, a kindred spirit! Although my rankings are somehwat different.

Dokidoki > Splash Star > Heartcatch > Smile > GoGo > Fresh > Futari wa > Yes 5 > Suite > Max Heart
Mana > MakoP > Regina > Rikka > Aguri > Alice

cajunator

Banned
Dokidoki precure - 49
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah

Toei did it .

Toei , did it
First , mana ,oh mana how broken must you be ? i knew from the very start that you started strong , but to end this strong ? Lol.
She started the first episode by lecturing the MOTW and she lectured the final bad guy !
Thumb up mana
"your selfishness make no sense ", " even i have some selfishness , so you can love too !"

LOOOOL

it was entertaining as possible to watch a characters with specs totally off the roof , and the show knowing that ..mana started with her harem , ended with her harem and even the big mess , actually managed to close all the stuff they have going.

This finale is Miles better than smile. Ep 48 & 49 had action !! It was over the top , it was messy , they screwed a lot of steps but in the end , they managed to end properly .

There are several things that are actually different from normal precure finales.
Damn.
I was disapointed after 47, but 48 & 49 made me happy .. this is the finale i wanted.

Precure show ranking

1-Heartcatch
2-Splashstar
3-Dokidoki
4-Prettycure
5-Smile
6-Fresh
7-Max heart
8-Suite
9-Yes! gogo
10-Yes!

Doki girl ranking

Damn. shes just like "fuck yo couch" and throws the monster like a ragdoll.

Psch, you only gave descriptions for the top ten? That's still amateur hour. I gave descriptions for all 66 shows in my list!

Also what is Kinmoza doing all the way down there at number 40. And Tamako at 51. ò_ó
I'm actually editing it for the duration of the day , so it's not finshed( might had picture and more descriptions)
I do plan to make only one post unlike your :)
Kinmoza is in that place because i feel like i enjoyed all the show above more. it's still an awesome anime but 2013 had some serious contenders IMO.
My list is not about quality but enjoyment.
Tamako market is that low because it didn't meet my expectations

Hooray, a kindred spirit! Although my rankings are somehwat different.

Dokidoki > Splash Star > Heartcatch > Smile > GoGo > Fresh > Futari wa > Yes 5 > Suite > Max Heart
Mana > MakoP > Regina > Rikka > Aguri > Alice
heartcatch is still the best because of how even the whole experience was , but as long as you put doki, splash and heart in a top 3 i'm satisfied.

Damn. shes just like "fuck yo couch" and throws the monster like a ragdoll.
She does much worse in this ep. as i said her body stats are at the haxxor level.

cajunator

Banned
I'm actually editing it for the duration of the day , so it's not finshed( might had picture and more descriptions)
I do plan to make only one post unlike your :)
Kinmoza is in that place because i feel like i enjoyed all the show above more. it's still an awesome anime but 2013 had some serious contenders IMO.
My list is not about quality but enjoyment.
Tamako market is that low because it didn't meet my expectations

heartcatch is still the best because of how even the whole experience was , but as long as you put doki, splash and heart in a top 3 i'm satisfied.

She does much worse in this ep. as i said her body stats are at the haxxor level.

Well this late in the show youd kind of expect her to have grown really strong right?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Nisekoi - 03

e0Ymsmk.png

Best girl <3!

Another enjoyable episode, pretty surprised that
the key was already introduced, though Onodera did talk her way out of it somewhat.
Looking forward to
her getting back in the game now that she overheard their relationship is in truth a sham.

Dokidoki precure - 49
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah

Toei did it .

Toei , did it
Thumb up mana

LOOOOL

Damn.

Precure show ranking

1-Heartcatch
2-Splashstar
3-Dokidoki
4-Prettycure
5-Smile
6-Fresh
7-Max heart
8-Suite
9-Yes! gogo
10-Yes!

Doki girl ranking

Welp, now seems the time to marathon this all the way through. Precure marathon switch: ON!

Tenumi

Banned
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren: 03

But Rikka, won't that turn him into a dinosaur themed magical girl?

This show is a perfect watch for me. Adorable with a side of romance. I can't help but smile...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Nobunagun Episode 4:

Undoubtedly the highlight was the random dancing before the sniping session began; honestly, this was overall a pretty bland episode with just not a lot of notable stuff to talk about. I guess there is he inevitable ship tease between Nobu and Jack that has alredy ventured into tusndere territory. We get a bit of insight into the nature of the Invasion Objects, but it isn't anything that could not have been guessed.

Trigun 8
The first actual time he got shot and hurt. He impressively won that duel in that condition. I sort of like Brilliant Dynamites Neon and hope he returns somewhere down the line

How could you.

You just made Nozomi sad. I hope you're happy with yourself.
Nozomi has a "dream" , she will ive on.

regardles syou can change the order of this

7-Max heart
8-Suite
9-Yes! gogo
10-Yes!
but it won't change the fact that they are the worst shows of the franchise.

Well this late in the show youd kind of expect her to have grown really strong right?
that's the thing , she was strong from the start.
From ep1 , she was already stronger than most heroines in the franchise in their late tranformations. that's how broken her specs are.

Isn't Dokidoki supposed to being total shite?

Lol who told you this lie ? those who judged a precure serie based on the first episodes are always wrong .... that's how the franchise is. you need much more episode because you can see how the motw episodes go and how the fight dynamics are handled.

fertygo

Lol who told you this lie ? those who judged a precure serie based on the first episodes are always wrong .... that's how the franchise is. you need much more episode because you can see how the motw episodes go and how the fight dynamics are handled.

Kirbyaoi and madp doesn't sound happy in every of their impression and make it like hatewatch, not sure I want through mediocre precure again after suite.

I love (good) Precure but HC or SS quality or bust.

Kirbyaoi and madp doesn't sound happy in every of their impression and make it like hatewatch, not sure I want through mediocre precure again after suite.

I love (good) Precure but HC or SS quality or bust.

Did you see where i put "suite" in my ranking and where i put dokidoki , that should tell you how different this season was.
Suite is dapointment after disapointment , dokidoki is a steady ride with some missteps.

Thing is , this is still a great season. one can dislike the fact that the heroine is so much IMPOSING that she is stealing all the glory for herself , but as a whole the season is great .. For dokidoki , i have 3 disapointements , the "super hero" episode , the missed opportunities for Alice and the stupid nerf for another character ( that got nerfed way too long ).
The bad guys were intresting and fleshed out , There was a large deal of ideas outputted and it had a good finale.

It's a good season , it's in my top 3 because they had an idea and ran with it all the way. it's the closest out of all the other season near HC or SS quality.
The plot does go the easy way with mana being this bright influence that rules over all and ignores all rules BUT she get shit done.
In a way that make the fact that she is that loved even more realistic because she really does act that way.

At his core , dokidoki is just too different than smile ..smile was an excellent retelling of the yes! formula and i like it for that ... but dokidoki is superior even if it feel stale or repetitive because of the focus.and you feel like they could have used more time to shine light on rikka or alice.

Dokidoki is the most up to date formula of the precure serie made.
HC & SS are above it , be dokidoki is just behind.

Ps: ( for cajunator because i told you there was an artwork coming )

survivor

Banned
Evangelion 4

Some of the still frames in the show look really good when it has great looking backgrounds supporting them, but then you get silly frames like this that stays on for far too long and just ends up looking lazy and cheap.

fertygo

All I'm saying is I never know where to judge your sense of taste. On the one hand, you liked Gunbuster and Diebuster so you're great. On the other hand, ICE, so I'm baffled.

SDBurton is truly a mystery wrapped inside of an omellette.

Does ICE have lesbian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom