• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it goes as long as Vanguard. I wish to know the process behind how their able to dub it so swiftly.

I just wish they delayed in introducing the supernatural elements. The games rules and mechanics have barely had the foundation set afterall :/

I agree, I can't believe they only started explaining the fundamentals of the game on Episode 4. I didn't know what was going on half the time as I don't normally watch this sort of thing (One of my friends made me watch this for a laugh).
I'm actually looking forward to it getting serious because I know it will be the most cheesy thing ever.

Plus if it goes on as long as Vanguard the Buddy Count will probably reach the tens of thousands!

HappinessCharge Precure stuff

Well there goes my theory of Yuuko and Seiji being one person.

qSDKGRo.jpg

Glasan art

Cure Fortune art

Macadamia Hula Dance art

Cherry Flamenco Art

Lollipop Hip Hop

Blue Man

Yamato 13-14

Can't say either of these too strong of an impression on me. In case may posts are any indication I am absolutely awful remembering Japanese names, even if I've been reading/watching a series for a long time.
Grey-haired girl doomed for not being the heroine ;_;

Dead

well not really...yet
Thanks for the replies, guys! I had time to kill and used my weak excelfu to compile the data in a massive list. In total there are 235 entries (some didn't list ten as I'll mention below). Each entry gets a star of approval, pretty self-explanatory. I'm sure an Anime of the Forever has been made at some point in the past, but you can use this as a recommendations list of sorts. I'm too lazy to compute numerical values. Plus, I think every entry in a top ten has equal value, since it has to be something special to get into it in the first place.

I added the K-Ons and Monogataris together. Not sure if this is correct, but I thought it would highlight the overall strength of the series. Also not sure if Yamato and Yamato 2199 are the same or not.

There are five people who didn't give a complete list (Gazoinks 8; survivor 8; ThreePiMatt 5; MikeHattsu 5; icarus-daedelus 9) and two people who listed more than ten, which only the first ten entries were counted (Basileus777, cajunator, strangedopamine; sorry, guys).

I want to add genres to the list so that it's useful for people who are interested in a specific genre, but I don't want to offend people who take genre categorizations seriously. Plus, how do I categorize Strike Witches? Military science fiction? That's helpful, Wiki! So... maybe some other time.

Enjoy!
You counted Utena twice. Once at the top and at the bottom :3

Guess I was too late to post my list lol

Thanks for the replies, guys! I had time to kill and used my weak excelfu to compile the data in a massive list. In total there are 235 entries (some didn't list ten as I'll mention below). Each entry gets a star of approval, pretty self-explanatory. I'm sure an Anime of the Forever has been made at some point in the past, but you can use this as a recommendations list of sorts. I'm too lazy to compute numerical values. Plus, I think every entry in a top ten has equal value, since it has to be something special to get into it in the first place.

I added the K-Ons and Monogataris together. Not sure if this is correct, but I thought it would highlight the overall strength of the series. Also not sure if Yamato and Yamato 2199 are the same or not.

There are five people who didn't give a complete list (Gazoinks 8; survivor 8; ThreePiMatt 5; MikeHattsu 5; icarus-daedelus 9) and two people who listed more than ten, which only the first ten entries were counted (Basileus777, cajunator, strangedopamine; sorry, guys).

I want to add genres to the list so that it's useful for people who are interested in a specific genre, but I don't want to offend people who take genre categorizations seriously. Plus, how do I categorize Strike Witches? Military science fiction? That's helpful, Wiki! So... maybe some other time.

Enjoy!

Yamato and Yamato 2199 are not the same, but it's safe to assume that people here are referring to the newer version as being in their favorites.

Having read the list, a part of me weeps that Cowboy Bebop and Idolmaster are in the same list together. But hey, different strokes for different blokes.

cajunator

Banned

Glasan art

Cure Fortune art

Macadamia Hula Dance art

Cherry Flamenco Art

Lollipop Hip Hop

Blue Man

Thanks! I loooove the art style of new Precure! Hope the music is good too!

Mr.Jeff

First things first:
No-Rin - 2-3
I don't know why I watch this above everything else. Possibly the mix of Kanahana, Saito and Tamara Yukari but it's not really clicking yet. The jokes feel like they go on for faaar too long in too much needless detail. Also, 3 episodes in and still not much has actually been done with the new girl aside from a really long introduction phase.

But who cares.

There was a question someone asked here not too long about favorite supporting casts, and now that I'm back into Aria with Origination I'm gonna have to add that to my favorites. Everyone seems to have a perfect place in the world and they add so much to it. Also the cafe manager is the classiest looking gentleman in anime.
ib0dolOt72zAPe.png

I await your reaction to the finale.

I don't have it saved, no.
20 minutes of hunting through google later:
SDBurton pairing list
Original DTL pairing list

Enjoy!

I've watched too many good series and films to just list ten combined! Nice work there though!

Saki - the nationals *- 04
That was a pretty big showcase of powers at work and i'm a little sad for yuuki .
Kosegawa power is very intresting .. i like the risk/reward aspect of it and it can be quite fearsome.
Saki%20-%20The%20Nationals%20-%2004.jpg

Most intresting new power in a long time.
I hope that we'll get to see the real power of the miko because that was quite disapointing so far.
I hope that it's a fine trap.

Dead

well not really...yet
Corrected! Thanks!

You're more than welcome to post your top ten. Just don't post a list if you already posted one. :3

Eureka Seven
Wolf's Rain
Evangelion
Nadia Secret of Blue Water
Cowboy Bebop
Kare Kano
RahXephon
Ghost in the Shell SAC
Escaflowne
Infinite Ryvius

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Glasan art

Cure Fortune art

Macadamia Hula Dance art

Cherry Flamenco Art

Lollipop Hip Hop

What? Multiple costumes? I've been out of the loop in news regarding of the coming Precure season but if we're seriously going to have Precure x IDOL CULTURE then I'm already excited for it.

Thinking about it for a sec, I vaguely recall someone mentioning something along those lines before. Anyway, looking good!

Yamato 15

WOW. Craziness happening everywhere. Too bad their epic battle ended with some dumb Deus ex Machina BS. Literally 5 more seconds and they would've been toast.

Tenchi GXP Dub 25

This was pretty decent, none of the girls want to admit they love Seina what a shock. Looks like next ending harem end begins :D

What? Multiple costumes? I've been out of the loop in news regarding of the coming Precure season but if we're seriously going to have Precure x IDOL CULTURE then I'm already excited for it.

Thinking about it for a sec, I vaguely recall someone mentioning something along those lines before. Anyway, looking good!

Well there will be dancing.

Also

Popcorn Cheer

Be85i3wCYAESGjt.png

cajunator

Banned
I've watched too many good series and films to just list ten combined! Nice work there though!

Same. I shoulda put Hidamari on a decisive position.

I like it too!

duckroll

Longer preview for the next episode of Space Dandy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daV3uYDWteY

From the writer of Code Geass.

Hey, Okouchi writes a lot more than just Code Geass. :p

This is Akemi's episode anyway, so it's hardly going to be like his Geass/Valvrave stuff. Probably closer to Planetes and E7 ep26, but with more shots of characters staring off into the distance standing across a backdrop as a sad song plays. :)

Branduil

Hey, Okouchi writes a lot more than just Code Geass. :p

This is Akemi's episode anyway, so it's hardly going to be like his Geass/Valvrave stuff. Probably closer to Planetes and E7 ep26, but with more shots of characters staring off into the distance standing across a backdrop as a sad song plays. :)

Well the director of Penguindrum episode 20 is enough to send my hype through the stratosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom