• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
If you want to complain about a TL, go after Daisuki for Senjyogahara.

Eh, I don't have much against less conventional romanisations (as long as they're not completely bizarre and nonsensical like the damnable "cyo" for "cho" and "cu" for "tsu" of Shin Nihon-shiki).

It's questionable translations that obscure actual meaning that make me cringe.

Go_Ly_Dow

It may not be or win AOTY, but that doesn't change it gave us character of the year.

i97YKLq.jpg
vcmdo0j.jpg

cVKcFUI.jpg
FA3agmD.jpg

Kaiki is fabulous max.

log horizon dude is taking suggestions on making YOUR hometown a part of the 'game'!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1W39ptLzTjhKMfkKqKA1SC8Dp8fqa9xDIme8URnyZx5o/viewform

The world of “Elder Tale” has landform of which shape based on the “Half-Gaia project”. The aims of the project is to duplicate the half-size earth landform on the MMO-RPG “Elder Tale”.

The wolrd is devided into 13 areas and each areas are managed by regional operating company. These company release stories and visuals with different design concept. By the reason, all areas in the wolrd have unique monsters and dungons.
This descretion is also applied to name and appearence of 12 “Main Class”.

Regional operating company re-desinged 1-3 class from 12 “Main Class” to some special “Localized Class” to establish a local area’s uniqueness.

These re-design mainly change background and graphics and slightly change its performance by unique equipments setting in rare case

However, such performance variation are supervied by the Atharva corporation, that is the main developer of the Elder Tale, to keep a blance of combat performance with caution.

This time around, I invite Loghorizon fans all over the world to offer their opinions about setting of the “Localized Class” on any region of the world ! You can send your idea by form of simple questionnaire. Please join us on this occasion.

Please be forewarned that your posted idea can be adopted as a main story setting officially.

This occasion has two stages. First satage, questionnaire form is available by Feb.10. Second stage, put out some promissing ideas and request for comments to decide which “Localized calss” settings are adopted finally.

mmos really need more hood life.

Often ? more like always ?

The market is so diverse ( yet closed by few publishers ) that they get and publish whatever they want . regardless if it's being available in other countries. That's how popular anime is in france.

Damn, I must have missed out big time. They also have blu Mushishi, holy shiat! Not even available in the US. Too bad only few of them think about the small Belgian market and add Dutch subs. :(

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Link Joker Episode 111 (engDub)
tumblr_mytxn34bqL1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mytxn34bqL1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Kamui was back and gave good fight with the Nova Grapplers. I was glad they did make it take up most of the episode while making Izaki's fight against Kourin extremely short. Though if he can get a match where he actually wins this season that would be a good change of pace.

Otherwise, Izaki was hilarious end of episode, he and Kai are such tricksters to Morikawa.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Kaiki is best girl.
Hanamaru Kindergarten episode 11
interesting episode, things in a way actually did happen in terms of moving forward in the relationship between the 2 main people.

fertygo

Yamato 2199 - 23

Norran is secret best husbando. Kodai can eat his own dick, what his contribution in whole show? What a worthless protag. Thankfully we know Okita is the true MC.

It may not be or win AOTY, but that doesn't change it gave us character of the year.

Kaiki is fabulous max.

:Jexhius

*tries to restrain self from complaining about "composed look" as a translation of "kimegao"*
I know i know the feelign..i trully understand.

Damn, I must have missed out big time. They also have blu Mushishi, holy shiat! Not even available in the US. Too bad only few of them think about the small Belgian market and add Dutch subs. :(

i'm so glad teh age of blu-ray is finaly starting because i was getting so tired about the french dvd market ..so many releases , yet so few blu ray releases ..things are getting better and hopefully we will stay on this trend and deliver. ( one thing to note is that often , when a dvd add several languages, or worse several subtitles support , it was so often at the cost of either image quality or translation quality .

This isn't the case with blu-ray in most caes now ... Thankfully.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just vote for Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku and Puchimas. If you need a comment just use "Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku takes the best ingredients and serves up a lovely hot plate of anime goodness. A fine viewing experience."
I'm thinking politically and considering not voting for it, because I know KKK won't make the list and I'm already blowing votes on other shows.

I would almost consider just removing Yamato from my list if only because it'd be like voting for the Democrat in New York. It's guaranteed to win anyway, so why waste a vote!

Did anyone watch that Buddy Complex first episode? Sounds interesting but dat description in MAL and wiki makes me think there's slight yaoi undertones.

Yamato 2199 - 23

Norran is secret best husbando. Kodai can eat his own dick, what his contribution in whole show? What a worthless protag. Thankfully we know Okita is the true MC.

:Jexhius

Besides being a jack of all trades? Pilot, high ranking officer and a possible future captain of a ship?

I mean obviously Okita will have more to do since he's the captain while Kodai only deals with strategies. I didn't mind that the only focus they had on him was on his romance story though, it's a sweet romance.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm thinking politically and considering not voting for it, because I know KKK won't make the list and I'm already blowing votes on other shows.

I would almost consider just removing Yamato from my list if only because it'd be like voting for the Democrat in New York. It's guaranteed to win anyway, so why waste a vote!
:(

Soon I'll be the only KKK supporter.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

There are plenty of Republicans in New York. Republicans controlled the State Senate for like 70 years in a row until just a few years ago. Plenty of registered Democrats in NY lean Republican too when it comes to voting!

Also I have no idea what KKK is. Are we still talking about anime?

Syrinx

There are plenty of Republicans in New York. Republicans controlled the State Senate for like 70 years in a row until just a few years ago. Plenty of registered Democrats in NY lean Republican too when it comes to voting!

NYC just elected their first Democratic mayor in like 2 decades too.

If it comes down to Yamato needing one more top spot vote to win, I'll run there. And by run I mean click my mouse vigorously.

Buddy Complex 01

Really strong opening episode. It intrigued me, though what the fuck was it with
introducing waifu and then getting rid of her for what is possibly a couple of episodes?

besides that, the animation is pretty decent. Protag's character design isn't completely bland and he's actually confident and not a spaz or wimp. I like him.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I havent checked out that AOTY vote thread at all, all i know is besides monogatari ya'll better be voting for hataraku maou-sama

Monogatari S2 barely has opening for most of its arcs.

Welp there goes my itch to watch the new season.

Monogatari isn't a harem. Araragi may flirt endlessly but he's only got the one waifu. Fondling Mayoi and Shinobu doesn't count.

Nor am I; Ideally the pantsu would be fresh off of a warm body when they go into the vending machine.

Aren't all the girls into him (even his sister and a little girl)? Thats a harem.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Only with far more emotional weight.
I can believe it!

:(

Soon I'll be the only KKK supporter.
I don't know what I would kill on my list to get KKK on it though. But KKK is very special interest and only a certain group of pure people can appreciate the cultural specificity of its comedy.

Well, I meant NYC!

All I'm saying is, I may be willing to have a different #1 if people put Tamayura on their list. lol

Also, KKK is a lifestyle.

fertygo

Yamato 2199 - END

815021264.gif

YEAHHHHHHH
Classic asspull

This 100x worse than eps 15 ending

Godammit, why they must have this episode as ending.. whyyyyyyy

I just knew that fuck Kodai must ruin this show somehow, goddammit.. not like this. this episode also ruin my mood enough to not be able enjoy Okita emotional moment, that's unforgiveable.

I know they can't ignore the shit original PLOT but still..

RIP my AOTY votes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Obviously I can't judge as I haven't watched a single episode, but seeing your sudden shift in opinion is why I often save my vote on shows running over the New Year because an ending can make or break a show (Space Brothers is an exception as it is so long).

But GuP did well last year so I don't know whether to vote for it this year or save it for another show.

NeonZ

Aren't all the girls into him (even his sister and a little girl)? Thats a harem.

I think that the Bake/Nise series were clearly harem, but Monogatari Season 2 is kind of different. There are two arcs with different protagonists (one of them another male character) with Araragi barely appearing in those two.

Even the arcs centered on Araragi, often interacting with girls, still, were much more plot focused than focused than the previous seasons. Also, out of the last few girls introduced (Gaen, Ougi, Ononoki), only Ononoki is anything close to a possible new "harem" member for Araragi (in spite of no actual romance or flirting), and even then she seemed to interact with Kaiki in a similar way.

fertygo

Obviously I can't judge as I haven't watched a single episode, but seeing your sudden shift in opinion is why I often save my vote on shows running over the New Year because an ending can make or break a show (Space Brothers is an exception as it is so long).

But GuP did well last year so I don't know whether to vote for it this year or save it for another show.
Yup, thankfully my vote on JoJo and GuP not backfire last year
I think I'll vote both again because both show have fantastic ending.

yeh that ending stopped it from being my AOTY

Such shame :(
Eps 18-24 convinced me to put it as my frontrunner, but eps 25-26 left bitter taste on my mouth :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yamato 2199 - END

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/815021264.gif?1381707575

YEAHHHHHHH
Classic asspull

This 100x worse than eps 15 ending

Godammit, why they must have this episode as episode.. whyyyyyyy

I just knew that fuck Kodai must ruin this show somehow, goddammit.. not like this. this episode also ruin my mood enough to not be able enjoy Okita emotional moment, that's unforgiveable.

I know they can't ignore the shit original PLOT but still..

RIP my AOTY votes.

What? How can you dislike the ending??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom