• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

What? How can you dislike the ending??

Wait what?

They magically revive someone jebus

That's classic grade-A asspull I don't like eps 15 asspull, no way in hell I would like much worse version of it.

I don't like Kodai and Yuki as couple well enough to enjoy that kind of direction.. its will only work if I like the romance like in RahXephon, but for this? lol nope.

survivor

Banned
Flowers of Evil 1

Trying to rewatch this properly since the first time I just kept skipping to only scenes that I wanted to see animated. Really loved how the first 2 minutes of the show just set the mood and atmosphere perfectly with its music. Also pretentious hipster Kasuga is still funny.

Conan-san

I just want to know what the North American equivalent to the Samurai class is.
Can't use a cowboy/gunslinger and Swashbuckler already kinda has Pirates covered.
I dunno, Cowboy (Sheriff in particular) is kinda the closest you have unless you suddenly get modern and say Security Dood.

CorvoSol

I recognize that I am late to the "what is and is not a" harem discussion, but my favorite harem anime are Zeta and ZZ Gundam. Kamille and Judau, man. So many girls.

Crunchyroll got Pupa

This tale of "the ultimate love of the brother and sister" is set to broadcast every Thursday starting on January 9, at 12:30p.m. Pacific Time for its premium members, with free members able to watch one week later. More information can be found on www.crunchyroll.com/pupa.

Pupa will be available to Crunchyroll’s audience in the following territories: USA, Canada, and Latin America.

I dunno, Cowboy (Sheriff in particular) is kinda the closest you have unless you suddenly get modern and say Security Dood.
Well pirates but they are already covered.
Though I guess they could localize that, remove dual swords and replace one with a shitty flintlock pistol.

Though I'd vote for localizing Swashbuckler into a calvary scout that uses sabers and gets buffs for mounted combat.

Firemind

Mitsudomoe, Yuru Yuri and Kill Me Baby to just give a couple of examples.

Mitsudomoe and Yuru Yuri was this year? ohmaigooood /osaka

I thought both of their second seasons are weaker than the first though. Just like Minami-ke and Squid Girl. Hm. I'm noticing a pattern here.

I just want to know what the North American equivalent to the Samurai class is.
Can't use a cowboy/gunslinger and Swashbuckler already kinda has Pirates covered.

pepper-spray-guy.png

I recognize that I am late to the "what is and is not a" harem discussion, but my favorite harem anime are Zeta and ZZ Gundam. Kamille and Judau, man. So many girls.

Kamille didn't have any good choices aside from Fa and Emma. Four was a nutcase, Reccoa was insane and Rosamia was an insane nutcase.

fertygo

Buddy Complex - 01

The mecha design is completely suck, but this shaping to be watchable B-tier mecha anime.
Will keep watching even if the plot will inevitably got very stupid.

Theonik

Have you potential AOTY voters heard of a little anime called Monogatari Season 2? It's waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy better than Yamato 2199.
Kusomonogatari doesn't even scratch the balls of Yamato 2199.

You know what even better my mate?

Yokazura Quartet - Hoshi no Umi -
On my top 5 I think

I wish have photoshop skill to wear the kobe meat with panties to describe Yokazura LMAO
Someone please make this happen.

Just ordered this from Amazon.fr

akirablurayfriqqzt.png

Apparently limited to 999 copies, still in stock at €39.99
Audio: Japanese Dolby TrueHD 5.1, French DTS-HD 5.1 & 2.0
Subtitles: French and Dutch

Comes out in 2 weeks :D
Hot damn. Really tempted to grab it even thought I already have it on BD.

The hell is this
The truth.

As hope of an Uchouten Kazoku or Monogatari win fades, I'm almost willing to sell my soul to Yamato to block Titan.
Do it. We have cookies.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! 48

rMJmV35.jpg

DBdazSP.jpg
Must catch up aaaaaa

trembli0s

Trying to process some questions after marathoning the show in a few days:

Why was Iscandar basically dead asides the 3 sister siblings at the end? Is it related to the reason the Garmilans were trying to terraform the earth?

I liked the ending myself, less grim dark, more happy. It's not like there weren't a number of other things that were just as ridiculous.

Top of the list for this year.

Owwari

Banned
I'm pretty new to AnimeGAF but I'm already pissed as to what's going on in the Bravely Default censorship thread.
Apparently, we are EcchiGAF and HentaiGAF, call the Overlords for punishment! /s

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hell no. Everyone in Toradora is awesome.
What about the father?

I'm pretty new to AnimeGAF but I'm already pissed as to what's going on in the Bravely Default censorship thread.
Apparently, we are EcchiGAF and HentaiGAF, call the Overlords for punishment! /s
You get used to it. Surprisingly our joke comeback where we all (well a handful) adorned avatars from doujins didn't raise many eyebrows. AntiAnimeGAF is weird.

On one hand: Unf unf short shorts
On the the other: Why would you take away vagina bones?

Yadda yadda yadda.

Yamato 2199 - 1 First three minutes

655Rocv.gif

Don't get the wrong idea from that, I'll still watch the rest. I just couldn't resist making that. Not sure if anyone else beat me to it though.

Owwari

Banned
What about the father?

You get used to it. Surprisingly our joke comeback where we all (well a handful) adorned avatars from doujins didn't raise many eyebrows. AntiAnimeGAF is weird.

Haha I'll make sure I enter the fray when the time is needed.

^ That is an awesome .gif, can I save it? :3

jman2050

Hell no. Everyone in Toradora is awesome.

Oh is it that time again? True 100% Toradora character tiers:

Taiga is the best, true rabu tier.

Ryuuji is also the best. Who doesn't like a loyal wife? waifu tier.

Ami is kind of a prick and almost helped screwed everything up by keeping quiet due to some misplaced sense of moral superiority, but she came around and is a cool dude. Bro tier.

Minori is a nice lovable girl with big insecurity issues and who responded to an internal emotional crisis by endlessly pouting, shutting herself away from her friends, and generally just doing the wrong thing every time. And then she got better, to be fair. Friend tier.

Sadly I might have to lean towards Firemind on this one as Kitamura didn't really become awesome until after he had his soul ripped straight from his chest, and before that he was just sort of a dull wet blanket. Also if you look back on it he was kind of being a dick to Taiga. Acquaintance tier.

Taiga sucks.

#TeamAmi for life.

Tsk tsk, will you ever tire of your futile fight.

Just so long as we agree Minori is worst.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I don't get why people are acting disgusted by the bravely default costumes when that chibi art style is about as far from sexualized as you can get

It also means I don't really care about the costume changes either since they look cuter now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom