• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 17

Ah, so Ichigo's mom was Miya. Or Hime. Whichever one wasn't the headmistress. She looked pretty somber after Ichigo performed though. Guess she thinks Ichigo is about to run into the same things that led her to retire.

I'm so tired of that first song they sang. Retire it plz.

Aikatsu! 17

Ah, so Ichigo's mom was Miya. Or Hime. Whichever one wasn't the headmistress. She looked pretty somber after Ichigo performed though. Guess she thinks Ichigo is about to run into the same things that led her to retire.

I'm so tired of that first song they sang. Retire it plz.

There will be some more variety in the next few episodes.

duckroll

If the argument is that I need to have or have had the same issues as the characters to possibly believe their actions, then I'm kind of painted into a corner. I didn't believe them, but that's obviously a personal opinion. If you did, then I can understand why you liked that aspect of the show.

That's not what I'm really saying. I'm just saying that the people in the show definitely do exist, and it's not even as uncommon as you might think. If you've never experienced anything like what has happened in the show, instead of automatically thinking it is bullshit which doesn't exist, I think a better approach would to be consider what it is like for people like that, and why they do what they do. In the end, it's a character study, but I guess if you're not interested in that, then it wouldn't be very meaningful to you.

Digimon Xros Wars II 05

hhrNAfYl.jpg

So I guess this episode wasn't that bad. I mean, not like the characters are completely terrible nor is there any real attempt of even foreshadowing a plot. Though now one of the characters isn't going to mope around anymore, uh, I guess he's out of a character now.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Miyuki-chan in Wonderland

Watched Disney's Alice in Wonderland yesterday or the day before and found myself wondering why there wasn't any Alice in Wonderland anime. Then I remembered this (and Nunally in Wonderland!) As one can see above, it's primarily an SDBurton fever dream. Nonetheless it's pretty amusing for the short runtime, constantly moving and never lingering on a visual gag overlong.

Oooooh my! *adds to list*

Branduil

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - 4

ihATzGI70aFbW.jpg
ibydOczcViborg.jpg

I love shots of people in spacesuits with stuff reflecting off of their visors.

If there's one complaint I could lodge about this show, some of the plotting seems a little bit too convenient for dramatic purposes at times. Though I think in this case it was more justifiable.

One thing I'm unclear about, at first the
fighter pilots couldn't launch, but then they had other fighters they could launch? Are there two types of fighters? Why were they going to the ones they couldn't use in the first place?

Narag

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - 4
fighter pilots couldn't launch, but then they had other fighters they could launch? Are there two types of fighters? Why were they going to the ones they couldn't use in the first place?

Two different kinds. Think the Cosmo Zeroes aren't to be used for just anything but are launched topside while the others are launched from the bottom.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I know.

Although... I thought I did see you out and about on that side before.

?

It must've been a rare thing, although I did post a small amount in TF2 community threads and giveaway steam threads. The Katawa Shoujo thread and the english Visual Novel thread are over there, so maybe.

duckroll

The blue fighters are the normal space fighters which are anti-air fighters. They launch from the Yamato by dropping off the bottom launch hatch for quick release. The other fighter they have is the Cosmo Zero which was introduced in the first episode, it's a planetary and ship-to-ship prototype which takes off like a normal plane from the top of the Yamato using the ship as a runway.

The pilots generally use the normal fighters, and that's their station. They expected the Yamato to take off and allow them to launch, but it wasn't possible because they were still waiting for the dig team to evacuate back into the ship.

Branduil

icarus is yet another attempt to find a mod who will actually stay in AnimeGAF. :(

Well icarus hasn't posted here regularly in some time so I doubt that's the reason.

The blue fighters are the normal space fighters which are anti-air fighters. They launch from the Yamato by dropping off the bottom launch hatch for quick release. The other fighter they have is the Cosmo Zero which was introduced in the first episode, it's a planetary and ship-to-ship prototype which takes off like a normal plane from the top of the Yamato using the ship as a runway.

The pilots generally use the normal fighters, and that's their station. They expected the Yamato to take off and allow them to launch, but it wasn't possible because they were still waiting for the dig team to evacuate back into the ship.

Time to upgrade to the Cosmo Zero package in Star Citizen.

LordCanti

That's not what I'm really saying. I'm just saying that the people in the show definitely do exist, and it's not even as uncommon as you might think. If you've never experienced anything like what has happened in the show, instead of automatically thinking it is bullshit which doesn't exist, I think a better approach would to be consider what it is like for people like that, and why they do what they do. In the end, it's a character study, but I guess if you're not interested in that, then it wouldn't be very meaningful to you.

There wasn't anything automatic about my disbelief of those characters. I've read all of the manga after all. Having known my fair share of the mentally ill, I'm unable to see any of them doing the things that the characters in the manga do. It's as simple as that. It doesn't detract from the anime/manga for the people that like it, but I can see it as a reason why the Japanese fanbase (2CH anyway) doesn't really identify with it.

Time to upgrade to the Cosmo Zero package in Star Citizen.

I want the Cosmo Reverse System package. It
won't be usable until I've traveled across the universe
and it will
only show up if I've been a good boy on my trip through Nazi held space.
Oh and it will
require the death of my brother and captain to function.

Five hundred and ninety nine US dollars.

The World God Only Knows Goddess 7-12 [END]

Wow. Things really got crazy here down the stretch. I sort of like more serious Keima, the one that's not playing PFP every other minute. Although I did like how Chihiro was the one to find it when Keima dropped it!

Loved the Yui Goddess saga, it's funny how much licensed stuff they throw in there and just slightly changing it. Disney Sea was pretty funny, thing that called it Dusney or something. lol The Castle attraction was awesome, with Disney World had something like that!

The following scene where the goddess are reunited, I love how all the Goddesses are trying to take Keima for their own xD Following to Tenri/Diana trying to go in the bath with him. Was she really in love with him? xD

The conquests towards Chihiro and Ayumi were brutal. The initial scene with Ayumi and Chihiro coming over to take care of Keima when he was sick were hilarious. Rediscovered how much I really like Chihiro.
Which made it all the more rough after she kissed him during the bonfire on the roof, the way Keima shut her down I understand time is of the essence, but it was crap the way that turned out

I did like the later Ayumi conquest, Ayumi in a Wedding Dress is <3 Although I really liked how Chihiro was brought along for the whole thing.
Back to Chihiro's conquest, it was obvious how similar the two were, in that they were both outcasts, pretty average in most things, except for Keima's love of games.

That final scene...

Spoiler Picture Almost had me teary eyed...

;___;
I don't think this is the end of Chihiro, she's the authors favorite character, and the only girl to ever make Keima cry...

Branduil

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - 5

I guess everyone except glasses guy got the idiot ball this episode. No wonder Earth lost to these guys. Really dumb plan especially when they could have just used the
Wave Motion Gun.
Stay losing Yamato.

Jintor

listen, you can't just annihilate pluto every time the enemy puts a base on it

probably get some debris field action, probably get some gravitational shit pulling the entire sol system outta whack. I dunno brah, you gotta do the calculations first.

LordCanti

probably get some debris field action, probably get some gravitational shit pulling the entire sol system outta whack. I dunno brah, you gotta do the calculations first.

The Wave Motion Gun is like a bottle of ketchup that won't let you get any ketchup out of it when you really need it.

That's a bad analogy since it's often the case that all the ketchup you want is right there for the taking but you've taken some idiotic moral stand against using it for absolutely no reason, which happens to (huge Yamato 2199 spoilers - Don't do it)
kinda get paid off when crazy space bitch's sister reports that you've been good boys and girls while trying to undo the fucked up wreck of a universe she's allowed to happen

Branduil

They don't have the time or luxury to screw around. This isn't an afternoon on the croquet field. They're humanity's last hope and they're pussyfooting around with
"oh but we can't destroy Pluto! Think of the children!"
Screw you. Pluto isn't even a real planet. It's just a cold rock. There's millions of similar rocks near it. You want to keep the "moral" high ground? Cool, you can do that
at the bottom of Pluto's oceans.
Meanwhile everyone on Earth dies for the sake of your morals. That's a great ethical system you have there.

Or you could have listened to the glasses guy and used your unstoppable superweapon.

Syrinx

Nichijou 2

I can't say I understand the staircase game.

That whole skit with Mio's notebook could end up representing what I end up liking this show for, or end up dropping it for. It was generally entertaining, but when it got to that chase in the hallway, I dunno. It got kinda grating by the time she kept saying "My life is over" over and over again.. Also why couldn't she just rip the page out and submit it then?

There were some good shots in the episode that I don't feel like taking because I haven't installed screenshot software on my laptop yet. But they're there.

Digimon Xros Wars II 09-10

QyTuR0xl.jpg

The first episode basically has tells us over and over how amazing the original main character is.

The second episode has the girl main character being an IDOL in Hong Kong cause I guess why the hell not?

Narag

Yamato 2199 - 7

ysGal1Dl.png

Man I liked this shot.

Great way to give the crew (and the viewer!) a breather. The messages home did wonders to give the characters some depth and motivation, I think. Crazy how such a simple thing worked so well.

It was also a nice transition from the solar system stuff to the great unknown. Won't lie, I'm excited about what's next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom