• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

You know, it's rather problematic when people feel the need to not go to gaming side, which was probably the primary reason why people even join in the first place. Instead of being able to embrace the main luxury, we apparently feel forced to live in a one topi c ghetto with all the other unwanted users of our own ilk.

Community is Best Side.

Well... now that thread just got weird.

I will shout about Sam Gamgee's tiny hobbit boner no matter how uncomfortable it makes you, Branduil.

fertygo

Can we just agree Kodai ruining the show with his boring sub-plot? Show would be much better without it, especially for the ending.

I can sympathize with your feelings, but I don't feel in this case that this is an asspull because it

- is foreshadowed (
Mamoru is shown to be the soul of the Cosmo Reverse system, an idea we've already gotten used to by Yurisha being the soul of the automatic navigation system, and the Cosmo Reverse system is known to reverse death.
)
- is earned (
Obviously you'll disagree if you don't like Kodai and Yuki as characters, but in my estimation Kodai has fought for Yuki hard enough and long enough to earn his happy ending with her.
)
- has consequences (
Mamoru's spirit is gone for good, and the Cosmo Reverse system no longer works. Okita's death - which Mamoru knew about, of course - is what then allows the Yamato's mission to be completed.
)

The writers clearly put in some thought to make this make sense within the fictional world and narrative, which I respect them for.
- Its another cheap trick that I didn't like for being part of ending, mamoru still aliveeeeee.. can anyone really die for good in this show? feel like its revealed as fake death every damn time.
- Like I mentioned I don't like Kodai and Yuki well enough to enjoy that kind of direction, but I don't think its earned too, because the death can't be reverted anyway as it should've.. I can work my ass off for 40 year and my lover wouldn't live again. Okay I just want rid that off from my chest.. let talk from show narrative,

Kodai fought hard enough you say? lol He not even the one that save Yuki, some figurant cast that did that and have far better moment than anything Kodai ever pull. And 2nd point? Isn't Kodai lame-ass still decide to concentrate to the fight instead saving Yuki? Contradicting to the build up that he get from previous arc that he should ignoring order to doing what he think right. Sure he fought hard for Yuki eh... lol

- Like first point, its cheap.. We know Mamoru is death from the very first episode, bringing him back as crucial point in ending is convoluted as hell

f you think Yurisha's possessing somene in the crew as foreshadowing for Yuki's revival isn't make damn sense.. Yurisha just possessing someone in that moment, so by that logic Mamoru just possessing Yuki's body and not Yuki that actually got revived looooooool

Anyway even if you think that plot is somehow make sense (wow)
You can't deny its very cheap, for show that doing good job for irrelevant crew life sacrifice potrayal. why Yuki should got special treatment? Why she special, compared to the other crew?

I will say that far enough. Yuki's revival is big disrespect for the show itself because its made cheap the sacrifice theme that the show had.

TL; DR for those white stuff, Fuck Kodai.. officially join my most hated character club.
Single handedly ruin such a epic show ending.

With making his brother ghost pitying this crybaby

Theonik

a true survivalist would have ron paul photoshopped in the mushroom of death instead of a smiley face!
3nRuRGd.gif

CorvoSol

It's more like an unprovoked post out of nowhere about radical plastic surgery and theoretical plastic surgery Nazis.

Get on my Hobbit Merry-Go-Round of Human Proportions, Branduil. I'm gonna ride this sucker till I am on of the crazies in this thread.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
You know, it's rather problematic when people feel the need to not go to gaming side, which was probably the primary reason why people even join in the first place. Instead of being able to embrace the main luxury, we apparently feel forced to live in a one topi c ghetto with all the other unwanted users of our own ilk.

gaming side kinda sucks now with 1 or 2 threads worth checking out a day

LordCanti

USER CANTI WANTS AN OLDER LADY TO FLY HIM AWAY ON A VESPA

Oh God, I've just realized that I'm probably the same age now that Haruko was then. AGGGHHHHHHHH

Edit: She claimed to be 19...it could be a lie, but I might be older than her. Somebody please hold me.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
USER CANTI WANTS AN OLDER LADY TO FLY HIM AWAY ON A VESPA

Oh God, I've just realized that I'm probably the same age now that Haruko was then. AGGGHHHHHHHH

Edit: She claimed to be 19...it could be a lie, but I might be older than her. Somebody please hold me.

huehuehuehue

CorvoSol

USER CORVO SOL HAS AN AVIAN AVATAR AND IS A FAN OF A PRETEEN DISNEY SHOW.

With the recent resurgence of Corey in the House DS, I'm relevant again!

But you clearly love birds too much.

Ian Flemming loved birds, too, and he was goddamn James Bond.

HE ALSO LIKES RAVEN HELICOPTERS FROM BAGI

Bagi is a better Wolf Children because it doesn't have Ame.

Oh I thought his fursona was a raven.

Birds don't have fur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom