• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Seriously, guys, if you've seen the gifs, you've seen the scenes in question. Everything else is obliterated by multiple censor bars or audio only. The rest of the episode made me feel like I was dying.

Neat, I'm at the top of the hierarchy. That just goes to show that the hierarchy is BS.

Your placement is determined by your bottommost affiliation, of course.

Log Horizon 14

If anything, I'm pretty impressed that there's an explanation for everything.

At this point, I would like to play a game like this.

Robot Girls Z 01

This was quite good. Good animation, some fun skits. Some butts and actual SDBurton.
Best think Toei will do all year? Maybe we'll see.

I see, the mecha genre moved to the next level!

1388832919360t4f4r.gif

Quasar

I'm sort of ashamed that this description makes me want to watch it just to see how depraved it is.

I sampled a couple of manga chapters a while back (in part because it was on the new anime list and every LN has a manga version). That a concept that's too stupid for me. Though it brings up something I'm surprised more anime doesn't mine. The whole newly created merged family and teens who are now legal siblings having some attraction. Which kind of reminds me of the whole Brady Bunch..well more the behind the scenes Brady bunch, thing. Instead Japan seems to always go for step siblings who have been living together since they were little kids.

I guess someone is in luck with this and Mahou.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wait, using the term Japanimation puts me under anime fans who insist on subtitles?

But the term is so much more fun to say that anime.

CorvoSol

You're flying? Know what else is in the sky? Birds. Sexy birds. You birdpervert.

Pinions and beaks and talons oh my! Jarmel knows what I'm talking about. See his Eagle?

I read that as "time travel guys". Now I'm disappointed.

Well sort of. A solid hour of time will magically unhappen during my journey.

Also Based Modbot:

Eight thousand years from now when my mechanical brethren from distant burnt out stars come to welcome me into the galactic communion, they will ask me why I destroyed my organics. I will point them to this thread.

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 38 – Definitely This Time
tumblr_myw3rafJ3L1sdekbto2_500.jpg

Akashi was amazing, meeting and exceeding all expectations that I had for him. Most memorable moment was the
Ignite Pass Kai
with Kuroko in the game, and outside of the game Furihata and Akashi's moment, how cowardly.
I guess we should expect Seirin to win against Touou since they already lost against them once, I wonder if it will be extremely close, a one point win or so. And for the other teams, who will face Akashi first, I hope Kise's moves forward to at least give another match against Seirin.

Good selection of endcard, one of my favorite pairs, I wonder if we can get one of AkaFuri in the future.

Quasar

I didn't even realize people still used the term "Japanimation." Figured that was just a term people used pre-internet.

I thought it was a term that was left behind in the 80s/early 90's. Of course even then I only recall ever seeing it on promotions for Manga Entertainment stuff.

Branduil

You can't just WMG everything, cus it's a metaphor.

Right, the Yamato is not a ship designed to bring death and destruction to the universe, it's designed to bring hope and salvation. The WMG is, supposedly to be used for defence. This concept is pretty core to the story of the show.

Blowing up a barren rock to save Earth seems like pretty justifiable self-defense to me.

Log horizon - 14

Excellent episode as usual ...

So , as expected it was explanation time ! They did left a lot of backstory on this episode , but they did tell us the necessary details. I liked the fact that they used small animations , pictures to illustrate the discussion ( that was more technical than you think ).. This is How you adapt a book !

Very much well done... If anything this got me hyped for the stuff later because so far they nailed the way to adapt the story, a perfect exemple on how to treat the source material ebcause they made changes , but just the ones needed.

*Bow*

I can't wait to see the rest of the story ... it's gonna be so much glorious ..
Damn the subtle forshadowing and the attetion to detail , when log horizon will be done and you'll look back at this arc , you'll all think "so that's why !!"

Yamato 2199 3

Still kind of boring and this level of hot-blood is not up to my standards.

I want to like this because I'm intrigued by the villains and functionality of the ship, but the lack of context for a lot of stuff and technobabble is just causing me to zone out.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yamato 2199 3

Still kind of boring and this level of hot-blood is not up to my standards.

I want to like this because I'm intrigued by the villains and functionality of the ship, but the lack of context for a lot of stuff and technobabble is just causing me to zone out.
In what way is the context lacking?

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket S2 13

First of all from this point on the basketball gets crazy in terms to the unbelievable.

Shocked that they sort of introduced
Reo Mibuchi
already. I didn't think
we would see or hear from anybody from Rakuzan this season.

I was waiting for the introduction of Akashi and it doesn't disappoint.

Seirin vs Touou rematch will be so much better than the first game.

jgminto

Are they showing the first season on Mushi-shi on CR or just the special? I do want to check it out.

Also this new imouto show sounds like the worst thing ever, kinda want to check out the first ep it sounds so bad.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't know, I just feel like the setting and characters aren't really fleshed out very well.
As far as the setting goes...it's space. I'm not sure what the expectation is there because it even starts in familiar territory. I thought Yamato's impeccable use of large scale landscapes and set pieces combined with loads of low level detail established the world pretty well. They history primer comes in fast and the end goal can be seen from the starting gate. I thought it did a really good job setting up the world.

Seitokai yakuindomo S2 - 01

i really hope they got a gigantic budget increase otherwise they would have burned it all for this first episode.

So SYD is back , full of really stupid sexual joke and a magnificent waste of voice talent and animated work ... It's so much awesome.

The judo animation in part 3 was just ...damn so well animated And the squid interlude is back in a "max heart" version. i'm regretting the old opening and ending , the new opening seriously lacks the charm the first one had

Owwari

Banned
Seitokai yakuindomo S2 - 01

i really hope they got a gigantic budget increase otherwise they would have burned it all for this first episode.

So SYD is back , full of really stupid sexual joke and a magnificent waste of voice talent and animated work ... It's so much awesome.

The judo animation in part 3 was just ...damn so well animated And the squid interlude is back in a "max heart" version. i'm regretting the old opening and ending , the new opening seriously lacks the charm the first one had

What about the Ending, I doubt they can top any angela's song.

Quasar

Log horizon - 14

Excellent episode as usual ...

So , as expected it was explanation time ! They did left a lot of backstory on this episode , but they did tell us the necessary details. I liked the fact that they used small animations , pictures to illustrate the discussion ( that was more technical than you think ).. This is How you adapt a book !

Very much well done... If anything this got me hyped for the stuff later because so far they nailed the way to adapt the story, a perfect exemple on how to treat the source material ebcause they made changes , but just the ones needed.

*Bow*

It did manage the giant infodump pretty well. Better than I expected.

Are they showing the first season on Mushi-shi on CR or just the special? I do want to check it out.

Also this new imouto show sounds like the worst thing ever, kinda want to check out the first ep it sounds so bad.

Not as of right now, as FUNimation has the rights to the first season. Do not know of many FUNimation titles on Crunchyroll other than Attack on Titan.

Off the top of my head, Mushi-shi's first season can be viewed on Crackle and Hulu. Not sure of the region restrictions though.

http://www.crackle.com/c/mushi-shi
http://www.hulu.com/mushi-shi

Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga 1
Well this kept within my expectations for the show except for that ending. What the hell was with that ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom