• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hajime no Ippo Rising 13

That was a terrifying beat down. I wonder if Sawamura is appearing after this to at least greet Ippo at least.

jgminto

Recently, My Sister is Unusual 1

Well I suppose worst show of the season is decided, that was quick. They actually show this on tv?

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 1:
My first thought about this was 'wow, this is a real good looking show'. There's a really high level of polish in terms of the details present, both in terms of the mechanical elements and the scenery. Probably my favorite moment of the first episode was the scene where
you get your look at the ruined Earth's surface
. The combination of the excellent visuals and music made that a really affecting moment. On the whole, the first episode was mostly just setting the stage for what will come next. I'm looking forward to seeing what that will be, because the story setup is pretty solid.

It did manage the giant infodump pretty well. Better than I expected.
Exactly , the thing i hope is that they will tell the viewer the rest of the discussion they cut , in later episode when the time is right ..
The psyche, mind, body stuff is actually quite delicate ... and i'm hoping they get this right.

What about the Ending, I doubt they can top any angela's song.
I doubt they ever will.

Seitokai Yakuindomo 2 1
Animated great, lewd jokes and cruel to suzu

Loved how the "suzu head" sign is now either animated, colored or in 3D

Digimon Xros Wars II 16-19

Ghost hunting with none of the fakeness.

An episode where a fake Digimon kidnaps people so he can force them to make his cosplay costumes.

An episode about a Digimon who likes to draw and is literally a pencil.

UMI DASUKI?

survivor

Banned
Seitokai Yakuindomo 2 - 1

And the dirty lewd jokes are back. It seems like they are also putting more effort into their visual signs and I think better animations than the previous season. I do hope they will continue to use the GoHand filters for when they do the special stories like in this episode.

Jackpot

Banned
Anyone have suggestions for a recent-ish anime film with a tight, self-contained and nice action set in the present or near future sorta along the lines of Patlabor or Psycho-Pass?

I've already seen the new GitS ova.

Conan-san

Anyone have suggestions for a recent-ish anime film with a tight, self-contained and nice action set in the present or near future sorta along the lines of Patlabor or Psycho-Pass?

Not Mardock Scramble then, good lord was that a mess.

Owwari

Banned
PUBLIC AND IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Please stay the fuck AWAY from Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga, and if you ever decide to make the stupid decision to watch the big turd, then get some Headphones and lock yourself in your room, other people won't like to hear that piece of shit.

Oh my god, I think I'm gonna fain...

t....

Please stay the fuck AWAY from Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga, and if you ever decide to make the stupid decision to watch the big turd, then get some Headphones and lock yourself in your room, other people won't like to hear that piece of shit.

t....

Hm... *adds to backlog*

Tenumi

Banned

t....

See, now your making it too difficult to ignore it.

*Backlogs*

hqlurvl2gdgc.gif

Now I want a real material arts anime even more. Where is the Teppu announcement?

Jackpot

Banned
Anyone have suggestions for a recent-ish anime film with a tight, self-contained story and nice action set in the present or near future sorta along the lines of Patlabor or Psycho-Pass?

missed out a word.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Space Bros
LaT9irAl.jpg

I can't tell if this is a condemnation of PreCure or not. lol

Buddy Complex

xqJdXOkl.jpg

This HAS to be a Terminator 2 reference, right?!

XNbn01Ul.jpg

So familiar...

So, it looks like this show is basically Terminator 2/Sarah Connor Chronicles x Pacific Rim x Valvrave x Ixion Saga, otherwise known as the strangest shounen combination ever.

Given that the Terminator part of the show ended so quickly, I'm not sure if I'll keep up with it... but man, that was a hilarious 20 minutes.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Never seen Terminator 2. Or... any terminators for that matter. Since bits and pieces of every one of them but never finished from start to end.

survivor

Banned
Nisemonogatari 4

I think I'm better off living life not knowing what happens in Nise and the rest of the Monogatari franchise.

Basically the anime version of John Connor!

I almost want to say that's Seitokai Yakuindomo, but that doesn't sound right.
It is, they are putting extra effort into the dirty jokes lol

Syrinx

Nisemonogatari 4

I think I'm better off living life not knowing what happens in Nise and the rest of the Monogatari franchise.

It is, GoHands is putting extra effort into the dirty jokes lol

Well you're going to see much worse on from here, so yeah, you may want to just stop now.

I almost want to say that's Seitokai Yakuindomo, but that doesn't sound right.

It's the first episode of the new season of it!

Speaking of which:

Seitokai Yakuindomo S2 01

ALL THAT BUDGET.

Can't wait for it to go back to OVA levels of penny string budget in the next episode.

Gazoinks

Log Horizon 14

The fact that I'm starting to unironically enjoy Database kind of scares me. xD Say one thing for it: It does a good job of hyping up the beginning of the show.

INFODUUUUMP. A good one, too.
The way they're incorporating game mechanics like HP & MP and short day/night cycles into the world is really clever.
Also,
death consequences
and Minori beginning to grow a spine.

So good.

t....

Looks like we have a potential List show.

Conan-san

t....

Seconding this. Got to about the OP on CR and that item and I was like "Welp, noting good can come of this," and promptly went on with my day.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

t....

Is this the sister-fucking show of this season?

It's the first episode of the new season of it!

Speaking of which:

Seitokai Yakuindomo S2 01

ALL THAT BUDGET.

Can't wait for it to go back to OVA levels of penny string budget in the next episode.
It is, they are putting extra effort into the dirty jokes lol
Holy shit. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom