• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

I don't think Macross is a bad show, I just think it's gone down hill a great deal since the second act began. Bad shows are stuff like Victory Gundam and Arjuna. I still get enjoyment out of Macross and can still see why people like it so much and why it had so much influence.

You aren't up to episode 34 yet. Give it more time :p

Theonik

Hanamaru Kindergarten 04
ihujFavgR7D37.png

How novel
Pretty cute episode. From awkward dating action to the cute helping at the end. Good.

The girls also don't wear panties, it's wonderful.
What do you have against pants?!

Mahjong on motorcycles has a nice ring to it.
Mahjong on Yuricycles.

What? Why did they remove that?

They made all ten episodes into one giant episode with a new OP and the full ED.

Though I guess if they included the ED after each episode, I might have went crazy during watching it.

Sentai Releases for April

Ebiten (DVD/Bluray)
Happiness (DVD)
Familiar of Zero (DVD/Bluray)
From the New World Collection 1 (DVD/Bluray)
Hidamari Sketch X 365 (Bluray)
Little Busters Collection 2 (DVD/Bluray)
Cuticle Detective Inaba (DVD/Bluray)

Go here for the official press release https://www.facebook.com/notes/sent...l-april-2014-release-schedule/777114908982290

I'm still not a big fan of Sentai's sub only BR releases considering how much it is. And how barebones it'll probably be.

girls don't wear panties in saki? now its getting a bit nasty that their legs are always wet/sweaty looking.

doesn't help that they are blushing 80% of the time.

JoeFu

Banned
Dental Hygiene is the truest form of sibling affection.

I'm so glad the entirety of CrunchyRoll comments are as confused as I was.

I mean there was nothing strange here right? Just a guy brushing is dear little sisters teeth.....

edit: holy crap the cr comments have some gold

iqCaVkjwHJUJ0.png

CorvoSol

I mean there was nothing strange here right? Just a guy brushing is dear little sisters teeth.....

I should go back into the other thread and show you my reaction to it. I was . . . amazed to say the least.

JoeFu

Banned
I should go back into the other thread and show you my reaction to it. I was . . . amazed to say the least.

I'd like to see them.

oh my gosh I need a break from this show after that episode. I wanted to finish it today, but gonna wait a bit i guess. Back to AGDQ stream.

Bombless

I'da thought you'd like Macross. I mean Lacus is just a better Minmay. Shoot, SEED really does feel a lot like a mashup of SDFM and MSG.

Don't you dare have Lacus-sama in the same sentence as that trash called Minmay! And I did like Macross for a time, a mixture of nostalgia, imperfect memories of the series and not having seen the last few episodes. Hikaru is terrible. I put him on Shinn's level. Maybe slightly worse, because the former started better than the latter.

Gbraga

edit: holy crap the cr comments have some gold

iqCaVkjwHJUJ0.png
GOD I gotta watch the monogatari series soon.

>_>

Way to go me, build a backlog of over 400 games and then use all your free time to watch anime and netflix.

I guess I can say I'm a true PC gamer.

cnet128

Banned
Gais stop making me want to watch Saki, y'all know I don't have time for all those episodes!

*quietly adds it to backlog*

Buddy Complex 1

Well, this seems pretty legit. I can certainly see where the Terminator comparisons are coming from, though they break down pretty quickly (the Terminator didn't
come from the future by accident
, and Terminator sure didn't involve anyone getting
dragged back into the future
...)

But yeah, I really enjoyed this first episode. My only worry is that it can't possibly be very representative of what the rest of the show will be like, so I feel like it's still too early to judge how good this is actually going to be. Feeling hopeful, though.

While watching the OP, I spotted one character who looked suspiciously like best girl, and when she showed up in the actual episode, it turned out she's voiced by HanaKana! Score. Doesn't look like she's a particularly major part, though, sadly. And why does the other cute-looking girl who appears in the end card have to be an original character from the smartphone game?! CURSE YOU MEDIA MIX!!!

CorvoSol

I'd like to see them.

oh my gosh I need a break from this show after that episode. I wanted to finish it today, but gonna wait a bit i guess. Back to AGDQ stream.

Here is my initial reaction

Part two

Suddenly sane enough to talk about what I saw

And then I said things.

Luckily I got passed Episode 8 and my opinion of it is now partly "This is the most amazingly crazy scene in any anime I've ever watched, so I respect that." and I made it to Neko and SS, which redeemed the show for me. But Nise is the dark times.

Don't you dare have Lacus-sama in the same sentence as that trash called Minmay! And I did like Macross for a time, a mixture of nostalgia, imperfect memories of the series and not having seen the last few episodes. Hikaru is terrible. I put him on Shinn's level. Maybe slightly worse, because the former started better than the latter.

I dunno, I don't think Hikaru is anywhere near as bad. Kaifun, sure, Kaifun has taken the crown as my mosted hated character in anime, but so far I am still hoping that Hikaru will realize it was Misa all along and thing's'll work out. His being bitter as fuck at Max's wedding was amazing.

Lacus is conceptually similar as the space idol asking for peace between the two sides. She's better than Minmay because Lacus is actually a stealth chess master who manipulates like everyone she meets to achieve her goals. Minmay is fucking her cousin.

Noragami 1.

A nice start, much better than the other Bones show.

Good animation and backgrounds, decent character designs, but more importantly, likeable characters you can connect to in the first episode, both him and her. Neither of them are what we could say marvellous, but they are pleasant, have some funny moments, and unique touches in their character. Also, a somewhat original premise (a vagrant minor god) though I hope the plot isn't reduced to random cases of helping people and supernatural fights.

Theonik

The first person that replies to this post gets to pick what I watch. Some restrictions:
The show must be under 26 episodes of length unless...
...I have already started it
I must not have finished that show.
Movies are fine too.

JoeFu

Banned
Here is my initial reaction

Part two

Suddenly sane enough to talk about what I saw

And then I said things.

Luckily I got passed Episode 8 and my opinion of it is now partly "This is the most amazingly crazy scene in any anime I've ever watched, so I respect that." and I made it to Neko and SS, which redeemed the show for me. But Nise is the dark times.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

it was indeed a crazy episode. I really need to take a break after watching it though. Gonna cool off a bit. I do want to finish the series.

cnet128

Banned
Cnet doesn't get any points until he classes up and puts on a suit. You had the moxie to copy your avatar's pose, but not put on a danggum suit? C'mooooooooon.

Like I said, I would've done if I had one to hand. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the only suit I actually own is back in England, not here with me in godforsaken Germany. And I'm not about to go out and buy a suit just for the sake of making an avatar =p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I agree with your assumptions.
It just didn't sit well with me that they actually beat Shiraitodai. Placing 2nd and making the finals should have been enough. What if Kuromori had lost to some other team before the finale in Girls und Panzer, wouldn't that have been lame too? Though some of this comes from me not liking the Achiga characters very much.
I can understand
letting the main characters of their own book have a big victory to end their story though. Unlike other sports mangas, where the team can afford to lose because they'll try again next year or whatever, they probably won't get that chance... short of them contriving a time jump so that the Side-A characters can play more mahjong independent of what happens in Saki anyway
. Besides, they basically invented the weird seeding rules just to let that happen. lol

Gintama 139

Is this the legendary best girl I've heard so little about?
As much as I like Kobayashi/Sacchan in Gintama, YES.

CorvoSol

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

it was indeed a crazy episode. I really need to take a break after watching it though. Gonna cool off a bit. I do want to finish the series.

It's worth it. Neko and SS are worth it. Also the rest of the Tsuhiki arc isn't that bad.

Like I said, I would've done if I had one to hand. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the only suit I actually own is back in England, not here with me in godforsaken Germany. And I'm not about to go out and buy a suit just for the sake of making an avatar =p

But then you could say you have a fine, tailored, German suit, just like how I have myself a tailored Brazilian suit.

kiryogi

Banned
Tsukihi arc was actually decent, Karen arc served to introduce us to two of the best characters in the franchise. Shinobu and Kaiki.

But yeah, for most folks, Nise was a really dark point, but Monogatari S2 is a return to form and some.

Yamato 26 END

wave_of_feels-18739.gif

Anime of 2013 without a shadow of doubt. I loved it. Thank you Anime-GAF so much for letting me discover this anime!

*spoilers for both 2199 and TLoU*

For a minute their I was thinking they were going to pull a Last of Us and to be frank a depressing ending of forsaking humanity to save the life of a loved one. I do find that type of ending actually a bit sweet as well because I wanted Kodai and Yuki to be together more than anything. However the show has a really happy ending and for once I absolutely love it. It made sense too!

I think you guys know who my favourite characters were (names begin with a K and Y) but they were also some more that were close like XO Sanada, Yamamoto, and the doctor :)

JoeFu

Banned
Tsukihi arc was actually decent, Karen arc served to introduce us to two of the best characters in the franchise. Shinobu and Kaiki.

But yeah, for most folks, Nise was a really dark point, but Monogatari S2 is a return to form and some.

I had no problems with Nise so far. 8 may have been a bit too strange for me though.

kiryogi

Banned
Yamato 26 END

wave_of_feels-18739.gif

Anime of 2013 without a shadow of doubt. I loved it. Thank you Anime-GAF so much for letting me discover this anime!

For a minute their I was thinking they were going to pull a Last of Us and to be frank a depressing ending of forsaking humanity to save the life of a loved one. I do find that type of ending actually a bit sweet as well because I wanted Kodai and Yuki to be together more than anything. However the show has a really happy ending and for once I absolutely love it. It made sense too!

I think you guys know who my favourite characters were but they were also some more that were close like XO Sanada, Yamamoto, and the doctor :)

Now go vote!

As someone said, Kodai fucking deserved it for everything he's done, I don't think there's anything wrong with that, and there was still sacrifice involved anyway

Kaiji 6

Well that sucked. What in the actual fuck. Can Kaiji ever get a goddamn break? The series won't be enjoyable if he can never actually use skill or smarts to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom