• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

BRB starting a change.org petition for basileus to go back to a fish avatar.

Yeah, what the hell. This world is truly ending if one of its only constants has collapsed.

Toei is making a new Tiger Mask anime?

main_visual.png

what.

I mean, I'm happy but ...
wnlw3pkzha.png

Sölf

Rosario + Vampire season 2 episode 5

I... I'm not the only one who thinks this episode is offensive to Indian people, right?
I mean, holy shit the amount of stereotyping is kinda surprising. wow

Also, is there an anime that has more panty shots than this season? There are so damn many.

You do know Agent Aika exists, rigtht?

phaze

Players assume the role of a Saniwa sage (審神者) who travels into the past to defeat evil forces that are trying to change the course of history. As a sage, you have the ability to breathe life into inanimate objects, including famous historical swords. Your duty is to bring these blades to life, create an army, and defeat the enemies!

Wake me up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maybe I'm just totally late to the party since I don't really follow web shows, but someone made a live action Sword Art Online/Log Horizon type show.

http://www.afkwebseries.com/

What is AFK?

AFK is a web series that follows the misadventures of a group of gamers who mysteriously wake up in the bodies of their online characters. Gender swapped, confused and out of their element, they must work together to survive in a hostile new world.

I guess there is no difference between 2d and 3d now. lol

rrvv

I see that Ufotable slowly become Kyoani.

In all fairness. Probably worth watching just for sword sakuga

Aki-at

Rosario + Vampire season 2 episode 5

I... I'm not the only one who thinks this episode is offensive to Indian people, right?
I mean, holy shit the amount of stereotyping is kinda surprising. wow

Always getting killed off in Doctor Who and always having stereotypical references everywhere else... the South Asian curse.

I don't remember any indians in it. Hell has there been any in any anime ever?

Remember one episode of Gotham Knight had it and a third of Arslan was spent in fictional India. So progress!

Jintor

yuyushiki 3

i needed something light to watch and this was it

man its sense of humour is real weird but i dig it

Always getting killed off in Doctor Who and always having stereotypical references everywhere else... the South Asian curse.

man at least they show up in doctor who at all

Meanwhile a low tier animation studio got the KanColle brand, while lower tier franchises getting adaptation by Ufotable, Mappa or A-1 at least.

Anime business is too high level for me.

/XX/

I suspect the point is that Toonami knows there are many lapsed anime fans who will only pay attention to anime if it is a property they watched many years ago and have fond memories of. People like this, in short. Toonami wants to pull in people like that so they can expand their market and become more profitable.
Yeah, I can understand that. A shame that at this moment I can't share that motivation, so lets just wait and see how this pans out.

Funny thing is this was announced days ago by the association New Japan Pro-Wrestling Co,.Ltd., with the promise that this series will feature the likeness and voices of real Japanese wrestlers.

Most interesting aspect to me is knowing if Keiichirō Kimura will be involved on this new series too! He is busy with the creation of the 'Kickstarted' animated short GO!SAMURAI (http://kksp.jp/), and at his old age I don't know if he could handle too many things at once, but his style made the original's animation shine (and inspired none other than Mr. Kanada).

This looks a lot more fanservicey than I was expecting. The early stuff made it look like K-On, but with motorcycles.
The craziness is what ultimately draws you in... as long as this is a faithful adaptation, of course!

Celty best girl
You mean The Stig, right? :-D

Although knowing she was already the
same high-school student in '83 and hanging out at the time with Kenny Roberts & Freddie Spencer in Imola
, maybe she really is an undead spirit wandering the Earth too or something. :p

Shergal

Most interesting aspect to me is knowing if Keiichirō Kimura will be involved on this new series too! He is busy with the creation of the 'Kickstarted' animated short GO!SAMURAI (http://kksp.jp/), and at his old age I don't know if he could handle too many things at once, but his style made the original's animation shine (and inspired none other than Mr. Kanada).

Go! Samurai has been out for a while: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ted-short-film-by-keiichiro-kim/posts/1314759

Shergal

Oh, didn't realize it was released that long ago! Were you a backer? How is it?

not a backer
It was pretty cool. No inbetweens, just the raw Kimura drawings on paper put over each other working themselves into animation. He still hasn't lost his touch when it comes to fight scenes :) it goes for a lo-fi feeling too, using some traditional limited animation tricks. Makes it feel like it's actually from the era where Kimura was at his prime.

/XX/

not a backer
It was pretty cool. No inbetweens, just the raw Kimura drawings on paper put over each other working themselves into animation. He still hasn't lost his touch when it comes to fight scenes :) it goes for a lo-fi feeling too, using some traditional limited animation tricks. Makes it feel like it's actually from the era where Kimura was at his prime.
Man, this makes me yearn for his involvement in the new Tiger Mask series even more... just in the OP would suffice! :)

This is amazing....

Also, what is up with all the panty talk last night? hat is some funny/weird $hit. People really track that stuff? I mean, someone did mention a drinking game out of the panty shots from Rosario + Vampire, but actually tallying it up? LOL.

Makes the weekly rewatching of the entire series more interesting I guess.

javac

I have to go to a wedding in a few hours, I'd much rather just stay in bed and watch something :/ Interacting with people? Anything but that! D:

Jarmel

Banned
Phantom-12

Honestly I didn't find this that effective on an episode because of how gullible Haruhiko is. Really well animated though.

Actually now that I think about it, I don't think I like the whole idea of the mother being the phantom at all. It feels somewhat forced after the previous episode.

Why they gotta make this look good?

Why they gotta make it hurt? ;_;

In less depressing news, we got a bit of info on Garo Divine Flame.

León, who has succeeded the name of Golden Knight "GARO" devotes himself to train a young Makai Knight for the next generation, together with Prince Alfonso of the Valiante Kingdom. Then, they receive an order to exterminate the most beautiful Horror in the world which resides in a neighboring country "Vazelia".
At the same time, a young Makai Knight for the next generation is kidnapped by an unknown person.

León desperately follows them, only to find that he is surrounded by his enemies at a dead end. Then, a Makai Knight Dario who was supposed to be missing for some time suddenly appears and rescues him.

Under his guidance, León is led to the town where he meets up a totally unexpected person!

Apparently it's set 4 years after the original series, and it'll be 80 minutes long.

Mr. Nietzsche in the Convenience Store Episode 10

I just want to go to jpn to see these in store underground idol concerts (poor Moe-chan). It so few people that its really sad and was really awkward. But then when Matsukoma kun and Nii kun came out and did their store song, all the femfans kept coming and coming and coming. Id want to see that, and then they actually sounded pretty good too.

Ill miss this show so much. No way would it have worked as an anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom