• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

I'm never going to a wedding ever again
CnR6CSm.gif

Cornbread78

Gate S2/END
Nice ending. I wonder if we will see more of this show in the future since I've heard the books are ongoing. In the end, there was no ship, but at least Itami had his harem intact and we got to see
the ex wife
once last tine, lol. It's a shame Tyruule or the prick prince didn't end up decapitated during the raid. I must say, I actually found the ground explosives that blew up that entire platoon of guards that were chasing the crew really funny. It looked like something outta an 80's Tom and Jerry cartoon, lol. This is another show I'm really gonna miss watching each week, but we have sooo much coming this spring, so it's all good.

TrueBlue

So is Rakugo still considered to be really good?

I dunno, maybe I haven't read enough impressions, but I got the impression that it's kinda shit the bed recently. I wanna know if it has before I jump in and binge.

rrvv

Tales of Beseria the X staff

Original Character Designers: Mutsumi Inomata, Kosuke Fujishima, Daigo Okumura, Minoru Iwamoto
Director: Haruo Sotozaki
Character Designer: Akira Matsushima
Screenplay: ufotable
Composite Director: Yuichi Terao
3DCG Director: Kazuki Nishiwaki
Art Director: Minji Kim
Color Keys: Yuko Omae
Editor: Manabu Kamino
Music: Motoi Sakuraba, Go Shiina
Opening Theme Song: FLOW
Animation Production: ufotable

Teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuq5IXETA00&feature=youtu.be

Futurecard Buddyfight:100 (Hundred) Episode 50 [END]
Ceb6fMyWIAIUdYE.jpg

Well it ended just like every single other Bushiroad card anime, though at least this time the big baddie did go through
a nearly ran out of cards of deck type of event which was a bit more fantastic than just having some ultimate skill broken through. I kind of liked that about Hyakuren Yamigedo, even as its heads kept being destroyed and regenerated by future force gao

I got my wish for Ikazuchi (Bolt) at least, partially.
Overall good ending and it goes right into Buddyfight Triple D. Cant wait.

Guess Who

Banned

I dunno, maybe I haven't read enough impressions, but I got the impression that it's kinda shit the bed recently. I wanna know if it has before I jump in and binge.

This last episode could've been ERASED levels of bed-shitting (it wasn't) and Rakugo would still be the best thing airing by miles.

Yes, yes you did. I'm so sorry. Had I seen the post I would have warned you.

To make up for this, I ought to recommend you something better. What sort of anime do you want to watch?
Romance, comedy, action something with story and character progression.
I loved GTO, School Rumble. Don't watch moe. Friend is constantly bugging me to watch JoJo.
Shouwa Genroku Rakugu Shinjuu is one of the best anime in a long time.

Dunno your tastes, but you might also check out the short Ochiete! Galko-chan. If you like the first episode somewhat, it just gets better along the way.
Bookmarked.
Don't forget the ones I gave you! You already watched Clannad, right? Ef-A Tale of Memories?
Clannad I watched, Ef-A bookmarked.
If you have some other shows you really liked or genres you prefer, feel free to mention them as well, we'll probably have some recommendations : P
I got so much recommended, I'll likely ask in a couple months again, haha.

Guess Who

Banned
I see a few people were perplexed by the ending of Rakugo Shinjuu 12. I read a manga spoiler that, while I can't verify it myself, would explain why it felt odd to people.
Apparently the version of Sukeroku and Miyokichi's death that was shown to us was not the truth, but a falsified version presented by Kiku. (Remember that the conceit here, as set up by the end of the first episode, is that the elderly Kiku/Yakumo is narrating this whole tale of his past to Yotaro and Konatsu.) This would make sense, since this version of events presents Kiku and Sukeroku in a good light, but their actions feel a bit out of character. This seems like the kind of rakugo-inspired story (we heard a rakugo story very similar to this earlier in the season) that Kiku would come up with if he wanted to hide a darker truth from Konatsu.

I thought it was very noticeable that there is a
giant cut between Miyokichi falling and Kiku holding both Sukeroku and Miyokichi, and it doesn't make any sense how the situation ended up with Kiku holding the two of them. I'm guessing that's where the "cover-up" happens, so to speak,
assuming your spoiler is true.

TrueBlue

What's the general consensus on Gaiko-chan then? It looks like a comedy at first glance, or am I wrong?

...I need to get out of this habit of waiting until the end of a season to ask about shows.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What's the general consensus on Gaiko-chan then? It looks like a comedy at first glance, or am I wrong?
Straight up comedy. Best show after Showa Genroku Rakugo this season.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Read about this in an article at work and holy shit... the emotions that welled up inside me. I'm one of the few who's been dying to get more episodes. I've always wanted more, even though they ended it on a solid note I just wanted to spend more time with the characters. 13 years later my wish has come true. Give me a timeskip with more Pillows and I'll be fucking set for life.

One of the few, and I mean few, shows that I ship a hetero couple.

Naota x Haruko let's fucking goooooo!

Ironically it looks like Fooly Yuri from the information released thus far.

Cornbread78

Watched the first episode of SNAFU. Love it.
Washed away all the bad that was left from Glasslip.

You honestly haven't seen anything with SNAFU yet. It gets very philosophical and deep. The interactions are amazing as you get to S2 as well.

Dagashi ep.11
Suckling on something to pass time and in the middle of public, huh?

Actas back to make mecha show? let's see how it goes.
Here are some Regalia - The Three Sacred Stars preview pictures:
http://moca-news.net/article/20160326/2016032609300a_/01/
It seems...is 2D mecha?

Staff&cast:
[STAFF]
Original author: Delegation of Enastoria
Director: Tosaka Shin
Series Composition: Keigo Koyanagi
Original Character Design: QP:flapper
Character design and chief animation director: Nishio kōhaku
Mechanical design: Suzuki kanta
Sub character design: Tokiwa Kentarō
Art Director: Katahira Shinji
Color design: Harada Sachiko
Director of Photography: Koji Tanaka
Sound Director: Iwanami Miwa
Sound effect: Koyama Takamasa
Audio recording adjustment: Takayuki Yamaguchi
Producer: Infinite
Animation Production: Actas

[CAST]
Yui: Kaede Hondo
Rena: Ayane Sakura

Actas back to make mecha show? let's see how it goes.
Here are some Regalia - The Three Sacred Stars preview pictures:
http://moca-news.net/article/20160326/2016032609300a_/01/
It seems...is 2D mecha?

Staff&cast:
[STAFF]
Original author: Delegation of Enastoria
Director: Tosaka Shin
Series Composition: Keigo Koyanagi
Original Character Design: QP:flapper
Character design and chief animation director: Nishio kōhaku
Mechanical design: Suzuki kanta
Sub character design: Tokiwa Kentarō
Art Director: Katahira Shinji
Color design: Harada Sachiko
Director of Photography: Koji Tanaka
Sound Director: Iwanami Miwa
Sound effect: Koyama Takamasa
Audio recording adjustment: Takayuki Yamaguchi
Producer: Infinite
Animation Production: Actas

[CAST]
Yui: Kaede Hondo
Rena: Ayane Sakura

oh my goodness.

oh my goodness.

OH MY GOODNESS.

Trinity 7 ep.1-3
This is trash, but..... Arata is such a breath of fresh air when it comes to harem MC's, lol. Literally just says what is on his mind and doesn't give a shit, lol. The comedy is good enough so far to keep this one interesting and an interesting Demon Lord/Magic school harem generic crossover series that should be fun.

Full disclosure...

...this anime is my guilty pleasure. It's such trash but it's unabashed trash. It doesn't pretend it's anything more than what it is so it fully commits and that's what separates it from a lot of stuff out there; it's pandering fanservice trying to be more than what it is. This show owns it's silliness and tits and irreverence and as a result it was super entertaining to watch.

I dunno, I just watched it and was like "Holy shit, this is ridiculous" but never ever in a way that made me want to turn it off. It entertained me a lot.

zulux21

so funimation tweeted this a bit ago
mS2eiMO.png

maybe we will get a super announcement.

likely just a db kai part 2 announcement though :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I'm hoping the show jumps back to the present at some point. That's when I'll turn in again.

I would strongly caution against getting excited for a work from the director of Infinite Stratos S2.
Well I'm onboard now.
You're GAF's #1 IS/Cecelia fan after all.

Squishy3

I'm hoping the show jumps back to the present at some point. That's when I'll turn in again.
You'd be waiting for it to get a season 2 then, since it ends next week. It's still easily the most memorable long-form anime proper I've watched this season that isn't continuing from last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom