• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I just skimmed through the Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu manga up through volume 8.

Shit. Holy shit.

Like... holy shit.

There needs to be a season 2 of this anime. There has to be.

Cornbread78

Full disclosure...

...this anime is my guilty pleasure. It's such trash but it's unabashed trash. It doesn't pretend it's anything more than what it is so it fully commits and that's what separates it from a lot of stuff out there; it's pandering fanservice trying to be more than what it is. This show owns it's silliness and tits and irreverence and as a result it was super entertaining to watch.

I dunno, I just watched it and was like "Holy shit, this is ridiculous" but never ever in a way that made me want to turn it off. It entertained me a lot.

Glad to hear it keeps that same tone through the series. The first three were full of fanservice, but weRe pretty damn fun/funny. I'm all for trash as long as it doesn't go into straight deviant shit and remains entertaining.

Fairy Tail (series 2) END

They didnt really need to do this episode as either it was original content or maybe adapting some parts of some side stories. Using Maseyume Chasing (BoA) was a good touch though and the credits of various key moments was nice.

Hopefully it does come back to continued the rest of Fairy Tail.

jbug617

Banned
Haikyuu S3 Visual
CecOXg7WAAAnxNn.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You'd be waiting for it to get a season 2 then, since it ends next week. It's still easily the most memorable long-form anime proper I've watched this season that isn't continuing from last season.
Yeah, I'm sure it's fine. I was just way more interested in Konatsu and the 70s part of the show than on the 50s stuff.

Still #3 behind you and MrJeff
Don't sell yourself short, #1 IS fan!

kewlmyc

Berserk
DanganRonpa 3 Anime
Tales of Zestiria the X
Mob Psycho 100

Summer is looking to be my favorite season in a while. At least one of these shouldn't suck.

Berserk
DanganRonpa 3 Anime
Tales of Zestiria the X
Mob Psycho 100

Summer is looking to be my favorite season in a while. At least one of these shouldn't suck.

Mob Psycho 100 won't suck, so there's that at least.

I think I saw what you did and I couldn't agree more.

(The anime looks to end at volume 5.)

Yeah, the manga author confirmed it'll end at volume 5. But there could always be a season 2 announcement at the end of episode 13! Please?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Ironically it looks like Fooly Yuri from the information released thus far.

I don't know if I can handle a mix of FLCL and yuri. Especially if
Haruko dips out into space again like last time.

I'll be damned to get Yami'd again.

duckroll

The Bahamut S2 PV is pretty hype. Interestingly enough, the only main staff change from Genesis to Virgin Soul is the writer. The new writer is Shizuka Oishi, who's appears to be a pretty prolific live-action drama writer: http://asianwiki.com/Shizuka_Oishi

I guess the director is continuing his trend of picking writers outside of anime circles.

She and her dead cat 4

Yup, cat died like we all knew he would. At least he died a rather nice death instead of some random sickness.

Nice series. Great art work as expected. Some poetic ass cats though.

fertygo

Actas back to make mecha show? let's see how it goes.
Here are some Regalia - The Three Sacred Stars preview pictures:
http://moca-news.net/article/20160326/2016032609300a_/01/
It seems...is 2D mecha?

Staff&cast:
[STAFF]
Original author: Delegation of Enastoria
Director: Tosaka Shin
Series Composition: Keigo Koyanagi
Original Character Design: QP:flapper
Character design and chief animation director: Nishio kōhaku
Mechanical design: Suzuki kanta
Sub character design: Tokiwa Kentarō
Art Director: Katahira Shinji
Color design: Harada Sachiko
Director of Photography: Koji Tanaka
Sound Director: Iwanami Miwa
Sound effect: Koyama Takamasa
Audio recording adjustment: Takayuki Yamaguchi
Producer: Infinite
Animation Production: Actas

[CAST]
Yui: Kaede Hondo
Rena: Ayane Sakura

Isn't promo art always 2D anyway.. I guess Actas does made Lagrange

Squishy3

Not really feeling that OP for MHA

Have we talked about that same French site that gave us MHA 13 episodes putting Diamond is Unbreakable at 39 episodes?
I posted it in here and the manga OT for Jojo's. I'm thinking it'll be 39 this year, then a break and finishing it up in Spring 2017. 39 episodes seems really short for Part 4 when it's longer than Stardust Crusaders. Unless the pacing's lightning fast or they managed to swing some hour long blocks for some of the longer fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom