• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 1:

One of those series that I have never watched and on a whim I am correcting this and it feels odd heading to such a work after marathoning Konosuba, like watching everything play out so earnestly is actually off putting.

Squishy3

It completes the trilogy that opened with Ping Pong Club.
I wish I could post Ping Pong Club gifs but all the best scenes are NSFW.

The Diamond is Unbreakable OP album is out on April 27th and has 2 versions along with karaoke.

CecmsHhWEAEKmYg.jpg:large

Track.1「 Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town 」
     作詞:こだまさおり 作曲:小田和奏 編曲:MACARONI☆
Track.2「 Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town EDM arrange Ver.」
     作詞:こだまさおり 作曲:小田和奏 編曲:田中義人/鈴木Daichi秀行
Track.3「 Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town ~ ORIGINAL KARAOKE~ 」
Track.4「 Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town EDM arrange Ver. ~ ORIGINAL KARAOKE~」

fertygo

[

The Diamond is Unbreakable OP album is out on April 27th and has 2 versions along with karaoke.

When they gonna announce Allstar as ED song

Clov

Romance, comedy, action something with story and character progression.
I loved GTO, School Rumble. Don't watch moe. Friend is constantly bugging me to watch JoJo.

Bookmarked.

Clannad I watched, Ef-A bookmarked.

I got so much recommended, I'll likely ask in a couple months again, haha.

Seconding the recommendation for Rakugo. Definitely the best of the season. Jojo's is a lot of fun if you want a good action anime, though Stardust Crusaders really drags. The 2012 anime has good pacing, though.

If you want something with a great story and character progression... have you seen From the New World? You may enjoy that. Wolf's Rain is also great for this, and has some good action scenes in it too. Mind you, neither of these are comedies, and they're quite dark at times. Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but they're both quite well made; two of my all-time favorites, in fact! Even if you don't end up liking them, I guarantee that they won't be another Glasslip. :p

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Is this supposed to sound like The Flintstones theme or am I just being hopeful for Youtube fakery?

Hunter X Hunter (1999) 62 END

Some high highs in this episode. The Zoldyck vs. Chrollo fight may have been the best one in the series, at least from a direction and animation standpoint. The camera movements and intensity of the animation were crazy. Some good character moments for Kurapika as well.

Overall, Yorkshin has ended up a pretty good arc. It's basically a really good thriller movie, with many different factions running around and trying to outplay each other. I'm not as thrilled about it as many people are though; I wouldn't consider this the pinnacle of battle shounen or whatever. (I think that'd be Nina in FMA from my personal experience.) Kurapika's drive to take revenge for the Kurta massacre is a strong emotional core, and his darkness is well portrayed throughout. But aside from his battle with Uvogin, he feels like a side character with the way Yorkshin plays out. There's so much fluff, so many characters, so much going on, that the personal stories get a bit overshadowed. This seems like an unpopular opinion, but the Hunter Exam is still my favorite arc of the series. It feels the most focused and the most character-driven out of all of them. Later arcs have elaborated in various ways on the character arcs the Hunter Exam set up, but they never felt like the focus. And the more characters the series introduces, the bigger a problem that becomes.

But good show overall. I feel like Furuhashi did a good job pulling out and emphasizing the most interesting parts of the story. The highs were truly high.

That last second cliffhanger was pretty silly though.

Syrinx

Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R 11

Though I get that they're using Shea Stadium for Lilia's performance early in the episode to evoke The Beatles performing there (why else would you?) to show how big Lilia is, I still feel obligated to point out that it got torn down 8 years ago and had bathrooms of questionable condition.

kewlmyc

Should I watch Heavy Object?

I need another harem trash comedy in my life and this seems to be in the ballpark.

It's anime MGS but with a half baked harem. It's fun seeing 2 guys taking down huge war machines with cool and convenient bullshit. Try out the first arc (first 3 episodes) and see if you like it or not.

OK, so I just skimmed through the Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu manga up through volume 8.

Shit. Holy shit.

Like... holy shit.

There needs to be a season 2 of this anime. There has to be.

It's one of the better manga that have come out recently. I'm always happy to see more Josei get made into anime.

Lautaro

I need another harem trash comedy in my life and this seems to be in the ballpark.

Its not trash IMO and not really harem. It has some stupid fanservice but is mostly a buddy cop comedy with huge ass tanks. It starts weak but improves a lot later.

Squishy3

[

When they gonna announce Allstar as ED song
I don't think any of the ED songs have ever been announced ahead of time. They save that shit for nationals

Is this supposed to sound like The Flintstones theme or am I just being hopeful for Youtube fakery?
You're being hopeful. It's going to be a rap-type OP. Although the EDM arrangement has me thinking that it stands for ending music and not electronic dance music in this context... maybe they just made a special arrangement to use for the first episode's credits.

Defuser

As harem? no. As a fanservice? Yes. But mostly it's just 2 guys taking down huge ass war testicles machines with deus ex machina luck which alot people seem to enjoy.

Cornbread78

Did you close your eyes every time Frolaytia showed up on screen?

It's definately there, but only a couple of the obnoxious fanservice scenes like lthe pool table, pole dancing, the seat belt and the work out really stick out.. I mean, they call her tito tuts for a reason

TUSR

Banned
Oh lol the PV is done by PA Works.
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/245/1245515/
P.A.WORKSが制作したPVが公開されており、ウマ娘18人によるキャラクターソングを聴くことができます。

what is this

GATE 24 - END
reddit is really eating this up lol

Not a bad ending. Still IMO one of the weaker fantasy shows, but A-1 managed to make something sensible this season, so I'm good with this.

It's not a harem series. One of the description I like to use is "a mecha series the same way MGS is a mecha game".

Did you close your eyes every time Frolaytia showed up on screen?

Even taking that into account it's not really a focus of the series. When talking about trashy harem shows, the ecchi scenes are the focus but with Heavy Object the ecchi scenes are kinda like an after thought.

Sure it's there, but it's not why you watch it... Kinda like MGS now that I think about it....

Jex

Jex

So is Rakugo still considered to be really good?

I dunno, maybe I haven't read enough impressions, but I got the impression that it's kinda shit the bed recently. I wanna know if it has before I jump in and binge.

Since the first episode to the latest, yes, it has been a great series.

Narag

PV gives me little hope about it. I think Guts looks fine but it also looks like extra care was taken to achieve that effect and that it inadvertently magnifies how the rest looks like garbo.

Jex

OK, so I just skimmed through the Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu manga up through volume 8.

Shit. Holy shit.

Like... holy shit.

There needs to be a season 2 of this anime. There has to be.
Well, shit.

Bad CG mecha design. Unfortunate.
Speaking of unfortunate CG...

I imagine there might be a time where I can set my bias against CG anime aside and try to engage with this on it's own merits, but that time hasn't arrived yet.
PV gives me little hope about it. I think Guts looks fine but it also looks like extra care was taken to achieve that effect and that it inadvertently magnifies how the rest looks like garbo.
It's a bit like where the main character's model in a game has 4x more detail and polish than any other model and it stands out, badly due to that sharp contrast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom