• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szadek

Fairy Tail (series 2) END

They didnt really need to do this episode as either it was original content or maybe adapting some parts of some side stories. Using Maseyume Chasing (BoA) was a good touch though and the credits of various key moments was nice.

Hopefully it does come back to continued the rest of Fairy Tail.
Pun intended?
Anyway, unless the series is suddenly way less popular, they will come back for the potentially final season.

Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu - Ep. 12
Decent final episode for a decent little show.

Crocodile

Kekkai Sensen OVA PV. Just after realizing Kiku's VA from Rakugo was in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz6fira_UgM

Wow, BBB is getting an OVA. This looks cool. Given the first season was a smash hit I have to assume Season 2 is an eventuality.

Character designs aren't doing much for me but the animation looks great. What is this about?

FUCK YES. I'm hoping they can nail the Hollywood feel of the first season again. I loved the show throughout but there's no doubt the POTC feel of the earlier section of the show was better than the "SERIOUS MODE" feel of the ending. Looks like they are also going with a female protagonist. I hope they do her justice - anime so often tends to screw that up.

Anime was a mistake

I remember only seeing like the first half of the TV anime. Given I heard it ended up being a good show overall, I probably should finish the show proper. This is still on Crunchyroll right?

Mayoiga PV2(live stream quality)
https://sendvid.com/156idr7t

This is the new original anime by the Shirobako director right? (and also Girls un Panzer but that anime was garbo). Cautiously hyped.

Speed line abuse is kind of a bit much but otherwise I like what I'm seeing :)

Ping Pong girl TV anime announced.
Studio: Kinema Citrus.
http://syakunetsu.com/

Teaser PV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cAAvFsyBqw

Anime continues to be a mistake

Japan plz learn how to CG :/

Line_HTX

Would anyone recommend D. Gray Man? I never saw the original series back then, but now that they announced there's a 2016 series I'm considering giving it a shot.

So where's the anime about racing spider people.

Spider girls mixed with Formula 1 over the span of a whole season. That would be an entertaining premise, haha

Should I watch Heavy Object?

I need another harem trash comedy in my life and this seems to be in the ballpark.

Its not trash and not a harem. Its the well written top tier ln anime thats a must watch for the best bros.

It's definately there, but only a couple of the obnoxious fanservice scenes like lthe pool table, pole dancing, the seat belt and the work out really stick out.. I mean, they call her tito tuts for a reason

But HaviaButt in the pool table scene was so good.

Would anyone recommend D. Gray Man? I never saw the original series back then, but now that they announced there's a 2016 series I'm considering giving it a shot.

I would recommend it, back then it was one of my most favorite shounen series, a bit darker than most right off the bat. Gothic themed.

Although I don't think the action scenes aged well.

Szadek

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu 12
Double meaning Rakugo is double meaning.
The climax of the episode was a bit odd, but other than that it was great .

Sölf

Thread: Danganronpa 3 to air in July 2016, new trailer (DR1+2 SPOILERS)

Apparently the show will be divided in two. "Future" with the Danganronpa 1 cast and "Despair", the latter being a prequel of sorts for Danganronpa 2. More info on that thread. I'm excited.
Yes! I really like that they split the whole thing, but the only concern I have are time constraints. Do we know yet if it will be a one cour? Because if it will, I REALLY hope they have a good plan for the pacing.

Ok. We already had Kancolle and so on. So why not horse girls? I most likely will ignore it anyways.

Looks a bit better. The skeletons are still horrible, but the rest looks like the Valkyria Chronicles cutscenes, stylewise. And I like that.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I've started a tumblr for anime animal buttholes (edit: fixed link) and I could use more buttholes.

If any come to mind, send 'em my way.

tumblr_o4md0r9Wmw1vpw5s6o1_500.gif

Damn, i wish i think of this first.

Looking good. But where's Favaro!?

I don't want to think what would happen to them when they're no longer fit to race. NOPE.

Looks great.
So is Rakugo still considered to be really good?

I dunno, maybe I haven't read enough impressions, but I got the impression that it's kinda shit the bed recently. I wanna know if it has before I jump in and binge.
Yes, it still the best show for this season

What's the general consensus on Gaiko-chan then? It looks like a comedy at first glance, or am I wrong?

...I need to get out of this habit of waiting until the end of a season to ask about shows.
Great comedy, never a dull moment.

Sölf;199245866 said:
Apparently, a Drifters anime has been announced for 2016.

http://moca-news.net/article/20160326/2016032609400a_/01/

I sure hope this one won't get butchered by censor.

Character design looks better than the manga version.

HYPE!

Looks better than previous pv, especially during Guts close up. but then i see Guts walking, and i was like, nope.

phaze

Looking pretty good. Good to see Joan and Rita back. The new female character could use a less "anime" set of clothes. Do we know when this will land ?

Rakugo 12

This season takes the "fall of the cliff" phrase way too literally.

Kiku is still an awful storyteller if
that's the best lie he could make up after all this time.

Ajin 9-10
0149523hs1g.jpg

He doesn't suffer from "I've to save everyone" syndrome. Shocking I know.
This found its way somewhat again. Kei remains a breath of fresh air in his cold bloodedness, lost it when he poisoned the poor guy just because he could gave away his location. Though I imagine the power of the plot will make him stand in Satou's way eventually.

If only CG studios wouldn't try to imitate 2D animations with all its flaws and low framrates. Stuff like Ajin is just plain bad while Sidonia's action scenes were nicely done imo because they did things which wouldn't be possible with 2D animations.

Exalted

God Eater Episode 13 (end?)

Almost the entire episode was the fight against Pita. Some parts were a bit cheesy , but the fight was good, with great animations and good music.
In the end i actually liked these additionally few episodes slightly more than the previous season.

All of his weapon transformations in the episode were almost absurd, and Lenka even went Super Saiyan.

Should I watch Heavy Object?

I need another harem trash comedy in my life and this seems to be in the ballpark.

It is neither a harem nor trash. It is funny though.

It's in the top 3 anime of the season, though being a 2nd cour it had a lot of buildup and help from it's 1st.

What is good CG and bad CG?

Good CG:
Aikatsu (later episodes)
Akito the Exiled
Cassette Girl
City Hunter OVA by Kamikaze Douga
Comet Lucifer
Fafner Exodus
Fireball Charming
Garo the Animation (later episodes in particular)
Go Princess Precure film
Majin Bone
Show by Rock

Bad CG:
Ajin
Berserk
Kingdom
Knights of Sidonia
Sanzigen

Jex

I won't argue with that list, but let's all remember the most important part of any CG discussion -

Bad CG
Golgo 13: The Professional
Cross Ange
Valvrave

Pooya

god eater 13 Lotus

I called it I guess, they couldn't end this shit in one episode. With all the differences with the game to this point it actually ended up to be like the game in the end.

I'm not sure if that ending is supposed to be like a tease for a second season or just a 'please go and play the game for rest of story' instead.

Really underwhelming overall.

Jex

[Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu] - 12

I can't say I was particularly ensorceled by the this episode. It lacked the rich, moody texture that the rest of the series has been composed out of. The majority of this episode was dedicated to two Rakugo performances and frankly they weren't as interestingly shot as other such sequences have been.

I was rather unhappy with the climax of the episode when I first watched it. I couldn't understand why the show had become a gushing melodrama when usually the series prides itself on its restraint. However, until I read Hosanna's post I must confess I had forgotten that this wasn't just a flashback, but a story being told to a specific audience. Viewed through that lens, one could certainly see Bon attempting to portray characters in a particularly positive light.

I await the final episode of the series and I truly hope we are blessed with another season. This remains the best anime of the season and one of the best shows I have watched in years.

God Eater [END]?

The last fight was cool I think??? So much things going on that I couldn't really follow what was going on. There was this bit where Lenka suddenly turned his massive gun into a bunch of tentacles that shoot lasers (one of the billion different things his gun can do I think) and then the tentacles fought with the tentacles of the boss, but it was impossible to see what actually happened, what a mess. Lenka channeling his inner Goku was cool though.

Bad show, also some sequel bait thing at the end? I guess Lindow survived, yay?

----

btw, "Will humans become god, or will god become human" goes in the book of my top 10 pretentious qoutes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Etotama is home to some of the best CGI I've seen in anime.

It's kind of shocking considering the 2D animation is just OK with lots of recycled frames.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm sure there's a Wiki somewhere, just like the anime bathscenes wiki.
Someone here decided to start a tumblr for some reason. lol

xzy7C49l.png

Giant cat butt.

mVHTZWql.png

The ending credits montage is a nice nostalgia trip for people who remember the series. The episode being referred to here is probably an example of one that Hosanna hates. lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I probably should have started a tumblr back when I was on the look out for badly drawn Union Jacks in anime.

pbayne

Stride End

Fitting end for the series. Actually surprised how little they focused on the race and I guess last week felt more like a big blow-off finale win over the real rival team, but it was nice to see yagami and his brother's arc finished as it was the only plot thread that ran throughout the show so i can understand why it was saved for the end.

So yeah fun little series. Id just question the decision putting it in the same season as Haikyuu just for the risk of it being overshadowed.

From the New World 2

I can see where they were going with the ball competition. The important aspect of it is the breaking of the rules by Manabu in the last battle, which ties in with the story told at the beginning of the cocky boy who became a karma demon. But I can't say it was executed well. I certainly didn't come to this show to see a bad sports anime with shitty VN-style music. The characters aren't developed enough to the point where I can care too much about their fate yet anyway, aside from possibly Saki, so there was no weight to the extended competition sequence. Surely it would have been possible to tighten it up so it only focused on the meaningful moment with a more effective atmosphere.

There were some good scenes before and after though: the aforementioned story, which had some good visuals even if the style wasn't as pleasant as Yamashita's sequence in the first episode, and the interaction with the Queerrats by the river was interesting and a good bit of world-building. Next episode looks interesting.

It was a rumor, now it's confirmed.
松浦裕暁 @ 十th ‏@MatsuuraHiroaki 17m17 minutes ago
「ブブキ・ブランキ」二期 COMING SOON!だよ!

It wasn't a "rumor"; it was posted by the official French licensee of the series. They would know!

(Which is also why people should trust that site when they list the episode count of My Hero Academia and Diamond is Unbreakable.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom