• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monster Strike 15 & 16

WyZlyl9.jpg

RIP Fox Metal

I've missed this show, the fun comedy and Kamui destroying everything was all nice to see once again. I hope these upcoming episodes will be as fun as the previous batch.

Even the awkward advertisements are still there. Love it!

Monster Strike Episode 15

I prefer the old ED, but this one sounds alright.

Akira ought to have called back Kamui, now they have the Doom Monster & Kamui :(

Episode 16 has another ED as 15, it's still by White Ash and also subtly uses the MS main theme (which song in the OST doesn't right?). I like it over the one we've heard in 15, mainly because I kinda dislike it whenever White Ash sings a fast paced song.

Thanks for reminding me that this show has returned by the way.

Squishy3

It wasn't a "rumor"; it was posted by the official French licensee of the series. They would know!

(Which is also why people should trust that site when they list the episode count of My Hero Academia and Diamond is Unbreakable.)
I'm still not thinking it's going to be the entire run of DiU, just what this current run of episodes is going to be. There's no way they adapt all of DiU in 39 episodes.

Qurupeke

Inferno Cop [END]

Well, I'm impressed that they managed to spend more time on credits, ads for the soundtrack and previews than the actual episodes. lol This was insane, nothing like Ninja Slayer. Every episode was just more insane than the previous one and the final few, with the Evangelion and X-Men references, were just too crazy. Masterpiece, art, Citizen Kane of animes etc.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Boku dake ga inai machi 12
The conclusion with the killer could've been better, but i guess this'll have to do since they ran out of time. Seeing Satoru growth and bonding with his friend is still the best part about this series. As far as adaptation goes, it is pretty decent despite having to cut several important scense from the manga and cheapen the thriller part.

God Eater Episode 13 [END]
Ceeq1VeWQAAyCJc.jpg
CeeqcQyWwAAod5C.jpg

Fantastic ending episode, everyone believing in each other and not only rising once after falling but twice even or even three times. The level of determination, faith, trust, and believing in each other is so high that I was tearing up from how good it was. And then the attack, someone went all out on everything taking place as it was so flashy and epic. Best part easily the electrical attacks and the triangle in the sky but also
LENKA using the piece from Pita on his arc and then striking back at it, and also the many times his god arc changed forms, too cool

I wonder what the final ending in the franchise would be
would coexistence be possible, or would some still escape and sit out in space (though defense from the gigantic aragami in the sky would be needed). Or perhaps a blend of the two, the people left on Earth would need to try to find ways to understand and live with the Aragami + some still flee to some remote location to safely build up humanity numbers of research more

Easily best tv adaptation of a game and best original story too in years, will be in my top 5 anime of all time forever, its everything I look for in anime. High presentation values, high music with cool vocal support, and epic storytelling with awesome character designs. 10/10

Loved Kota's shorts finally showing their usefulness.
Ceerg0sWEAIxIS2.jpg

So apparently there's a Danganronpa 3 anime airing in July? I was completely unaware that they had even made an anime adapting Danganronpa 2. Guess I should catch up

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/2...-begin-airing-july-will-feature-two-chapters/

We have been talking about it for a while, I even posted a thread yesterday night about the two arcs Future(sequel taking place after DR2) and Despair (the prequel to DR2). Sounds good to me, but like I said on that thread and Solf said here, I hope that if they do go down that route, and decide to do a two-cour split in two, that it doesn't screw around with the pacing for any of the arcs.

/XX/

Bad CG:
Sanzigen
My man... do you really consider SANZIGEN Inc., work as a whole "bad"? At least I think their collaborations with other USPI staffers on projects like P&SwG, B★RS, or the Black Dynamite animation series deserve some positive recognition compared to other examples of 'good CG' also mentioned.

MARZA ANIMATION PLANET is specialized in feature films work as of right now, but still a cool studio to mention as well, if only for some other things they could have done too beyond mere concept demonstrations!

cj_iwakura

Erased Episode 11

Wow, that was phenomenal. I wish it could always be in the future arc.
They're always on point there. Didn't expect the story to go there, but I so called where the episode ended.

Luck & Logic Episode 12 END
Ceeyw2oWAAEc7kO.jpg
CeezzNhW8AAgO5q.jpg

Awesome final battle, everyone kept getting so close and eventually it just became a fistfight between the two characters and their ideals and hopes to eventually be on the same level as each other since they kind of had feelings for each others Logic.

Conclusion
no one seemed to even get any punishment, Lucifer and Olga became coventators, while no other punishment was dealth out, actually Olga got a promotion to captain even. Then the only losers were Yoshichika and Athena, which I need a sequel for. I want Yoshichika to get his memory back, he is so strange being back on the basic level of everyone and having to be chased down to stay in ALCA :( The ending moment was a bit touching when he found the card (and I need your logic came on screen) while everyone was watching.

Easily another good Bushiroad anime that Ill follow and probably buy. I kind of want to get the cards too. 10/10.

3Kaze

God Eater 13 : For an episode that had 15 animation directors and 47 key animators, it looked pretty good, the fight was awesome. The show needed more fights like that.

As a conclusion the episode sucked, the characters just beat some random boss and it doesn't resolve anything at all. They're teasing all the upcoming events from the game at the end but it seems they're not willing to do a second season because the show thinks it told what it wanted to :

Hum, okay? I thought Lenka was going to sacrifice himself to save others, like his family did for him, but he's totally fine and the oracle cells cancer did jack shit? What's the point of the message here? Hirao pls, stay away from writing. Gyo and God Eater certainly points out he's not good at that. For once, I think a Seiji Kishi barebones video game adaptation would have done a better job.

GOD EATER 13

Visual spectacle right here for the last episode. Ufotable doesn't really pull back their punches when it comes to making action look good. Now plot wise yeah, like I said last week there are way to many untied knots here, and they only go further showing them to us on the last 10 or minutes of the episode. This will either get a S2 or a movie. At this point, the show is pretty different from the game, having borrowed some elements here and there, making it familiar but not a 1:1 copy. I believe this wouldn't be a "go play the game" ending precisely because of that.

BluWacky

Hmmm. I gave up on Crystal very quickly in season 1 but this looks a little improved - admittedly everyone thinks the Death Busters arc is ace, but this seems vaguely competent compared to how dreadful I thought Crystal was.

With that said, they've also put the new OP up. While it's fine - the song's better than that Momoiro thingymajig from the first season - that final shot is clearly designed to be a riff on the original Sailor Moon S OP, with the cast stood atop various Classical columns. One wonders who the audience is supposed to be...

Just finished the Erased anime and boy that show is so much fun! had me on the edge of my seat for a majority of it. Ending spoilers for Erased:
Pretty salty that Satoru+Kayo didn't happen. I don't care what anyone says, that part where all his friends are in the school classroom room he runs in and starts to tear up was his final revival. He somehow, someway stops the teacher as a kid and ends up with Kayo, this makes me happy.

Good product from ufotable is the exception rather than the rule.

The same is true for KyoAni.

Really, with the way KyoAni and (to a lesser extent) ufotable operate, the only way they can survive as financially solvent studios is by being relatively safe with a lot of the projects they take on.

phaze

Erased talk

One thing is bothering me, there is a number of characters in its ED that I still cant' comfortably pinpoint identity to.
So who exacly was this ? It seems it's an older version of this person, who seems like Kayo but she never had this kind of hair before or after timeskip. Not sure if this one is also supposed to be the same character.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Sekko boys 12
Best idol show for this season without a single doubt.

Oshiete Galko-chan 12

It's not their real name!? SHOCKING!
That was good. There's some serious talk about stereotyping and all that. So yeah, Oshiete Galko-chan is anime with something to say. Lovely show, thoroughly enjoy it.

Russ T

Banned
TBQH I'm pretty excited about Berserk. I liked the movies way more than I expected. I know in my brain it's not Good CG, but in my heart it gets me pretty hyped.

Qurupeke

Erased talk

One thing is bothering me, there is a number of characters in its ED that I still cant' comfortably pinpoint identity to.
So who exacly was this ? It seems it's an older version of this person, who seems like Kayo but she never had this kind of hair before or after timeskip. Not sure if this one is also supposed to be the same character.

The last one seemed like Airi to me. There's a blond woman too, not sure if it's the same character as the one in your first image. I don't think she's anyone from the series though. Maybe a personification of the butterfly or some other abstract concept.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Miura probably spends more time drawing one panel for Beserk than it takes to render the whole series of the anime.

^ speaking of does Berserk have those giant omnibus volume collections? SImilar to how american graphic novels get the bigger books that combine various chapters/issues into big and colorful hardcover books?

She and Her Cat -Everything Flows- 4

This was more graceful than I feared. The visit from the mother was a natural, low-key way of resolving the girl's growing tension and isolation, and even Daru's death was handled in a very understated manner. People who don't like the melodramatic excess Shinkai indulges in at times, such as the denouement of Garden of Words, should appreciate this non-Shinkai take on a Shinkai concept. I've heard the BD version will be adding some additional footage, so I'm curious to see how that will turn out, as with a little more runtime this could be even stronger.

The last one seemed like Airi to me. There's a blond woman too, not sure if it's the same character as the one in your first image. I don't think she's anyone from the series though. Maybe a personification of the butterfly or some other abstract concept.

Yeah I figured we would get a much older Airi but doesnt seem like it.

It could also be Misato but shes no where near important enough for that to be her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom