• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbayne

Durarara Final

I know there is a sequel novel so maybe we'll get more but i was satisfied enough with the ending. Durarara is written in such a way that there was no possible way to have a big climax that wrapped everything up in a neat way. And in a certain sense its narrative might be the most "realistic" of any in that there is no structure or purpose of most events they just simply moments in the characters lives that happen to intersect some times. Just unfortunate the character bloat that set in in season 2 and there was a really clear distinction between important, interesting developed characters and throw away jobbers.

Overall though it was a series that made me alternate between joy and abject boredom/frustration(fuck all of Shou was terrible) depending on what arc or character the show decided to follow. I think in an ideal world BrainsBase would have covered the whole anime, since it never really reached the heights they got out of season one but still enjoyable overall.

Kizumonogatari Part 2: Nekketsu-hen

CM2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1LePreDGiA

lhjhbB9.gif

mVHTZWql.png

The ending credits montage is a nice nostalgia trip for people who remember the series. The episode being referred to here is probably an example of one that Hosanna hates. lol
Is this part of the new OVA? I loved the episode that is referenced!

Woah, that rain scene. Seems like we Canadians are never gonna watch part 1. Sigh, we are so nice to everyone though, why.

Not enough people go to anime movies. Should have supported the industry by attending the Love Live viewing!

H1PSTER

I've just started Ajin; realised it was at 30 FPS and hated it.

Redownloading at 60... Hope it won't look so choppy this time.

Qurupeke

I just hope they'll release all three movies to Crunchyroll or any other streaming site after their theatrical release (and maybe after the BD, not sure how this works).

July isn't that far away anymore.

Everyone and their mother is releasing everything in July in terms of games, now we are adding this movie too to the list

Not enough people go to anime movies. Should have supported the industry by attending the Love Live viewing!

I've been living in Canada, Toronto to be more precise, since 2008. I did not hear of a single screening I'd be interested in going to up till today. You see I know there are a lot of Love Live fans, but I honestly don't even watch any idol anime.

It's the same in the UK. I don't understand why Japan hates the Queen so much.

We've always been allies Canada and England. Even in non-releases of anime it seems.

TUSR

Banned
Didn't the NA/CAD release of Love Live have song(s) missing because of liscensing issues? I distinctly remember a song being hummed.

I've been living in Canada, Toronto to be more precise, since 2008. I did not hear of a single screening I'd be interested in going to up till today. You see I know there are a lot of Love Live fans, but I honestly don't even watch any idol anime.

I'm mostly joking of course. Off the top of my head regarding anime theatrical releases there has been a Madoka Rebellion, AnoHana and Love Live screening in my area in recent years. They usually only play for two or three days so the viewing window is limited.

cj_iwakura

last one as in the season that just finished or the season right before the last? I wonder if theres gonna be another season of DRRR since the light novel is still going. I hope there is, I love the world of the series.

The one that just finished. The one before that was great, and ended one of the best scenes in the series.

ibyea

Banned
Please Tell Me! Galko-chan!: 1-4
Or as I like to call it TMI the show.

While raunchy comedy is not my kind of comedy I do admit I got a few laughs out of this one. The funniest part is that my sister said these conversations were so relateable.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
PogChamp TUSR saving anime in Canada PogChamp

Made anime great again before Trump.

We should get an anime with Prime Minister Trudeau as the MC. With his dashing good looks and his sense of goodness helping everyone around him. He could be the protagonist to a harem show all about helping those in need in Canada, and setting a role for other countries to follow. LOL.

Because the climate change will force people to stay at home in July.

Enjoy your games and movies and don't forget to have enough cold bagged milk.

Yeah Summer is no joke here in the city. Coldest Winters (not anymore really) and hottest Summers (getting worse and worse every year). As for myself, I'm lactose so my milk comes in cartons :)

ibyea

Banned
Erased: 12
There were some great moments. Like Satoru talking with his mom and some of the moments during his conversation with the killer. And overall it is satisfactory as a conclusion. That said the plan was stupid and ridiculous. Oh how far the show has fallen. And then shoehorning Airi like that at the end. I just think they should have dropped her entirely for the show when adapting.

It's a shame because the premise was interesting and the first four episode were genuinely good. While there were other good episodes it never got as good as those. Adding overhanded symbolism while not cutting or changing some of the ridiculous stuff from the source material was not a great choice. That said I don't regret from not having watched this show as I think there are many redeemable features about it. I just think it is full of missed potential.

Tuck

Haikyuu 2 - 25 END
Nice low key way to end the season. Gonna miss it, but thankfully we don't have to wait too long for season 3.

AOTS, sorry Erased.

I finished Season 1 of SNAFU. I'm having lots of fun but also sad that the two seasons together have only 26 eps.
There is progression and the characters are developing nicely. Reminds me bit of GTO and School Rumble in some aspect.
Only thing I'd like to see more would be
Yukinoshita
&
Hachiman
falling in love
( -_-')

Off to Season 2!

Haikyuu!! Season 2 Ep. 25 (Final)

What an incredible journey. Definitely my AOTS. I haven't caught up on Rakugo yet but I cant see how it can top what Haikyuu did this season.

This show does such a great job of making me care about so many characters, even those that dont get that much screen time. Oikawa is a great character and also a great leader. I'm gonna miss him but hope he's around to mentor Kageyama even more.

Bring on Season 3. Fall is such a long wait.

JulianImp

Eureka Seven - up to #36
While I'm happy with Renton's character development, Eureka still sticks out in a bad way to me. The whole thing about nearly everything being new to her means her interactions with the rest of the cast are often limited to "so this thing I feel/want to do is X?". Seeing Renton struggle with his insecurities and overcoming them to be with Eureka is okay, but she's too much of a blank slate to make me appreciate their relationship all that much. Him going on an on about wanting to protect her is also somewhat sad, since she did begin the show as a good pilot who could hold her own, but she's getting more and more dependent on Renton as their love grows, which is kind of disappointing.

On another note, I thought it was the drug that caused Anemone to behave like a psycho, but it looks like she has an unhealthy adoration for Dewey on top of that. She seemed like a somewhat interesting antagonist with room for growth at first, but now that it's become more obvious she swings between "I wanna die" and "kill them all" moods with no in-betweens she's been letting me down a fair bit. I'm expecting to see something in between those two radically different states of her sometime soon, though.

The rest of the cast are still fairly interesting. Of course they're mostly there to serve as devices to help Renton learn about specific things from the world and help him grow as a person, but they often have their own character arcs and it doesn't feel like they're being railroaded as badly and obviously as Eureka.

I finished Season 1 of SNAFU. I'm having lots of fun but also sad that the two seasons together have only 26 eps.
There is progression and the characters are developing nicely. Reminds me bit of GTO and School Rumble in some aspect.
Yukinoshita
&
Hachiman
falling in love
( -_-')

Off to Season 2!

Season 2 goes above and beyond the first season in all aspects. Hope you enjoy!

Cornbread78

Yukinoshita
&
Hachiman
falling in love
( -_-')

Off to Season 2!

Hiki definitely wants to protect that smile, lol.

True Tears ep.1-3
I'm not sure what I am watching here. Really.. I'm really confused. We have a girl that shacks up with a boy that she likes, but doesn't like, she likes another guy, that is the brother of the girl who is hitting on the guy she lives with but doesn't like. At the same time, that guys little sister, who likes the boy, treats the MC like the chicken that died and gives him bird feed, bit she also casted a curse on him for misfortune and she cannot cry, but wants to collect the tears ftom someone else instead... Did anyone follow that?

Oh, the OP is really good and the music is beautiful in general, I just have no idea..

AND

Today I started and finished Glasslip. It's a short series with 13 episodes. Since both the opening and ending music sucked, I could shave a bit time there.
In short, I did not like it and regret the hours. There is an interesting premise and cast of characters but sadly it left me very unsatisfied. Way too many boring stretches of people looking and scenery shots without adding anything to the experience or mood. Obtuse and cryptic babbling of the cast which never really leads to anything. There is very little character development. A shame since there are a few moments when I thought "Yes! It's finally picking up." but nope, it's a still-stand with pseudo-deep talk but it never is meaningful in any way.
I'm angry of frustration. I do not recommend this show.

These two shows have something in common. It's by the same director and the same studio. And viewers all feel the exact same way after watching both shows. I do like the True Tears OP though. And I liked the Noe character from True Tears as well. Everything else happened just to happen or to pass time by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom