• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

I don't know if anyone's heard yet, but Viz Media has confirmed that they will be doing their own DVD and BD releases of Jojo's Parts 1-4.

cj_iwakura

DurararararaetcX2etc FInal

A lot better than I expected after how rushed the season felt. Must have been crazy planning how to wrap up all that in one episode, but somehow, they did.

I kind of hope it stops here, but there's still room for more, I guess
No way Izaya stays down for long.

Needed way more Awakusu.

They adapted all of the original series. There's a sequel series, but who knows if that ever gets an adaptation.
I thought X2 was the sequel series, yeesh.

I don't know if anyone's heard yet, but Viz Media has confirmed that they will be doing their own DVD and BD releases of Jojo's Parts 1-4.

That's a relief. I know Viz has gotten flack for their Sailor Moon, but there's no way they can put out a worse release than Warner Bros' Jojo.

I finished Season 1 of SNAFU. I'm having lots of fun but also sad that the two seasons together have only 26 eps.
There is progression and the characters are developing nicely. Reminds me bit of GTO and School Rumble in some aspect.
Only thing I'd like to see more would be
Yukinoshita
&
Hachiman
falling in love
( -_-')

Off to Season 2!
fuck you veggie, watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure already god dammit! Also SNAFU is really fun, waiting for season 3 :x

also Yui+Hachiman 4lyfe.
The one that just finished. The one before that was great, and ended one of the best scenes in the series.

oh thats a shame cause part 2 of season 2 set up part 3 so well, I'm freaking hype to see the conclusion. I hope I enjoy it more than you did.

hope its better quality of the dvd that released a while back. I'll be purchasing the blu ray if its any good. it'll actually be the first blu ray I'll ever buy.

cj_iwakura

oh thats a shame cause part 2 of season 2 set up part 3 so well, I'm freaking hype to see the conclusion. I hope I enjoy it more than you did.

The ending was great, and it had its moments, but the lows and wasted time are easily the worst. The Izaya twins get like a second of screen time and twenty lines, for example.

L.O.R.D

Fairy Tail 2014 FINALE

best thing happened to this series

this season was a mess,from the animation to the butchered OST.
i hope they will continue in 2017, with Bleach.

phaze

Haikyuu 25

Good cooldown episode. I'm glad that the next season is already announced. Ending things here would be a severe kick in the balls. I hope Oikawa will still appear from time to time. Really liked him.

Clov

That's a relief. I know Viz has gotten flack for their Sailor Moon, but there's no way they can put out a worse release than Warner Bros' Jojo.

Yeah, they would actually have to actively try to make a worse release than Warner Bros'. Well, unless the video authoring is done really poorly, which is still possible. I'm going to hope for the best.

hope its better quality of the dvd that released a while back. I'll be purchasing the blu ray if its any good. it'll actually be the first blu ray I'll ever buy.

While it's often best to wait and see when it comes to North American anime BDs, in terms of menus and subtitles it's practically guaranteed to be better than the Warner DVD.

The booklet for the first part had some storyboard excerpts of that scene in the CM.

kizumonogatari_tekkettausr.jpg
kizumonogatari_tekket8xuvc.jpg

Looks amazing as hell.

Ascheroth

Haikyuu!! S2 - 25 (End)

This was the perfect cooldown episode while also being the perfect buildup episode.
The match against Shiratorizawa is going to be all kinds of insane.
Glad I took the time to catch up, because this series is truly fantastic.

Dynedom

Batman vs Superman

Imagine taking something fast paced and borderline incoherent as Blood Battlefront Blockade and ripping any sort of joy and style out of it. Then making it incoherent.

phaze

Batman vs Superman

Imagine taking something fast paced and borderline incoherent as Blood Battlefront Blockade and ripping any sort of joy and style out of it. Then making it incoherent.

But BBB was already plenty incoherent ...

OK time to post here and subscribe.
You're too early, the new SW isn't airing for at least 3 months from now !

Arakawa Under the Bridge 11

I need the OST they're using for those opening, stylized sequences.

Cornbread78

Bit late. Cornbread told me I have to have a new thread up by Thursday otherwise he's going to post mean things about Mitsudomoe.

I'm not a bully! Narag, do your duties, will ya..

At least you can pull the show descriptions from that preview thread, lol.

kewlmyc

Does viz have many shows on netflix? I think theyve been going all in on hulu. Also how does one gauge success on netflix?

They have Naruto, HunterxHunter, Bleach, and Gargantia on there currently. They had Death Note on there at one point as well.

Toonami is getting popular, but a series that has as much mass appeal as One Punch Man could, it would be cool to get it on as many platforms as possible. Hulu would also work.

fuck you veggie, watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure already god dammit! Also SNAFU is really fun, waiting for season 3 :x

also Yui+Hachiman 4lyfe.
Hehe, yo Prinny o/ Nice to see a familiar face here. I just talked yesterday how a friend bugs me to watch JoJo (it is you) :p

Yui? She's alright but man, Yukinoshita got me real good. She's so good.

Theonik

On a more serious note, what else was worth watching this season besides Rakugo, and Galco? Might need to catch up.

Whaaaaaat. I haven't even seen the first part. Does anyone officially stream it or do I have to hit the seas?

These are movies. The first part has been screened in Japan, the US, and other countries, but has not yet been released on BD.

On a more serious note, what else was worth watching this season besides Rakugo, and Galco? Might need to catch up.

Haikyuu S2
She and Her Cat Everything Flows
Prince of Stride Alternative
This Boy is a Professional Wizard
Tabi Machi Late Show

Qurupeke

Ask yourself first: Do you really need to watch another show of this season?

If so, choose between Konosuba and Phantom World. Not sure if any of them matches your tastes though. Konosuba is comedy and parody of "reincarnation to fantasy world". Phantom World is trash, for a long part of it, but it looks good all the time and it probably has the best animation this season. It has some good episodes.

Both have fanservice, but you watched Galko so you're probably okay with it.

Viz is actually one of the few companies I wouldn't put it past them somehow putting out a worse release.

But most of their releases are pretty good, so probably not. They're just frustratingly inconsistent.

Grexeno

Viz is actually one of the few companies I wouldn't put it past them somehow putting out a worse release.

But most of their releases are pretty good, so probably not. They're just frustratingly inconsistent.

Dude have you seen that Warner release?

You wouldn't just have to try to put out something worse, you'd have to give it all of your lifeforce.

Salaadin

I'm late but I just finished Erased.

A lot of the impressions in this thread made me feel leery about it but I guess I'm just a sucker because I loved it. The whole thing. I'm going to miss it :(

Ep1. SNAFU Season 2.
I enjoy how Yukitano shows significantly more emotions. Especially towards Hikki. She smiles and blushes. Don't know if it's only like this because of the start of a new season or if it's gonna continue. I hope it continues. It got a bit slow with their relationship in Season 1.
It also feels like animations quality got a bit better.

Theonik

Phantom world
NOT SURE IF I CAN TRUST YOU!
Haikyuu S2
She and Her Cat Everything Flows
This Boy is a Professional Wizard
Tabi Machi Late Show
Some of these are sequels so I'll have to think about it a bit harder but I'll look into them!

Ask yourself first: Do you really need to watch another show of this season?

If so, choose between Konosuba and Phantom World. Not sure if any of them matches your tastes though. Konosuba is comedy and parody of "reincarnation to fantasy world". Phantom World is trash, for a long part of it, but it looks good all the time and it probably has the best animation this season. It has some good episodes.

Both have fanservice, but you watched Galko so you're probably okay with it.
I was kinda considering Konosuba due to seeing screenshots of it but I wasn't sure if it held up by the end.

Divine Gate
Grimgar
Heavy Object
This Boy Is A Professional Wizard
Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom