• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

It makes even less sense considering the synopsis for volume 3 seems to indicate things taking place back in volume 1's setting again.

From what I can gather from the comments on the wiki,
it seems that Volume 1, which the anime apparently covered, was a dream reality created by Haruhiko and Volume 2 is the real world. Volume 3 involves Haruhiko going back in time to fix things and save all his friends who died in volume 2, basically turning the series into Steins;Gate.

Or something like that. Some comments are claiming that nothing in the anime has anything to do with the actual LNs itself. It's a mess.

giphy.gif

JulianImp

Sölf;199660398 said:
Let's hope for a west release within the near future then. The novels sound actually good compared to the anime.

Actually good? It sounds like a mash-up of every single overdone LN trope in one package!
Post-apocalyptic dark and edgy world? Check! Harem hijinks? Check! Time travel to put an end to the despair? Check!

Sölf

Actually good? It sounds like a mash-up of every single overdone LN trope in one package!
Post-apocalyptic dark and edgy world? Check! Harem hijinks? Check! Time travel to put an end to the despair? Check!

Well, what did we get in the anime? Slice of Life Comedy with a Harem and a plot that was missing for 3/4 of the episodes. Eh, also not great. I prefer the LN in that case.

Qurupeke

From what I understand, KyoAni have changed a lot of things from the light novels. Ruru and front tails, as well as some of the episodes seem to be 100% anime original. Considering the role Ruru had on the later episodes, a huge part of the ending was anime original, even though Enigma and that Rupa phantom seem to be the same character. And plot points from the LNs seem to have changed, like that device they got early in the season. It's basically not an adaptation anymore, as they take the setting and the characters and they mostly do their own stories.

Even if a S2 happens, I'll be surprised if they take the story from the second light novel. They still can present the story slightly changed, but it's apparent that they intended for the fanservice to be the main draw for the anime and I doubt they'll give this up in order to have an actual plot. They'll just add a few new characters and then they'll follow the same format as S1.

Cornbread78

Maybe they skip right to the third volume then and completely skip the apocalypse aspect of the show. Based on the info above, sounds like they could make that work.

JulianImp

Sölf;199661136 said:
Well, what did we get in the anime? Slice of Life Comedy with a Harem and a plot that was missing for 3/4 of the episodes. Eh, also not great. I prefer the LN in that case.

I don't think I'd want either, actually. Plot-less fanservice is bad, but bona-fide-LN-trope-land is equally bad and not something I'd care about watching.

If anything, I'd rather see a show more worth my time getting the KyoAni treatment than PW.

Even if a S2 happens, I'll be surprised if they take the story from the second light novel. They still can present the story slightly changed, but it's apparent that they intended for the fanservice to be the main draw for the anime and I doubt they'll give this up in order to have an actual plot. They'll just add a few new characters and then they'll follow the same format as S1.

Interesting that they actually did lots of anime originals, but the bolded, ugh...

It makes even less sense considering the synopsis for volume 3 seems to indicate things taking place back in volume 1's setting again.

it seems that Volume 1, which the anime apparently covered, was a dream reality created by Haruhiko and Volume 2 is the real world. Volume 3 involves Haruhiko going back in time to fix things and save all his friends who died in volume 2, basically turning the series into Steins;Gate.

Or something like that. Some comments are claiming that nothing in the anime has anything to do with the actual LNs itself. It's a mess.

What.

JulianImp

That has to be a joke like he'll wake up at the end of the novel and find out it was all a dream.

At this point, the author might as well make the fourth novel some tragic romance during the time when phantoms broke out and the fifth about sending the cast to an isekai RPG world with the excuse that phantoms actually came from there or something.

https://twitter.com/anime_PW

Just look at the merchandise. :p

Brain bleach, please.

KazenY2J

Should've ended the last episode with Haru waking up from the dream then

Side question on Mayoiga:
WeVLHfZ.jpg

They announced the rest of the cast of 30 finally, and the sick part of me can't wait to watch these 30 people get picked off 1 at a time...

Ok, back to business:

It looks like the first episode is set to air on 4/1 to a limited network, then the rest of Japan on 4/8-9. Pony Canyon has the rights for distribution, but what are the chances this is not released in the West?

wat? ppl die in that anime? gonna wait for it to finish airing to binge watch.

Volume 3 has a new female protagonist who has a similar summoning ability to Haruhiko, though she has to do a dance instead of drawing. She's friends with Mai's little sister and a rich girl who is Reina's rival.
latest

Phantom World Ep 13

Good ending but after watching the first 12 episodes I watched When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace straight away, this did not do PW any favours. The animation is superb and has been all season long but to echo what everyone else has said the plot needed to show up sooner. That synopsis of Vol 2 & 3 of the LN though? That would be worth seeing.

In short good but I really want more When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace instead.

Cornbread78

Winter LN 2016 |OT|

Just sit back, watch B Gata H Kei, laugh, and wait for your next shot:

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Sharing☆Mana Again Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Sharing☆Mana 2.0
Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Sharing☆Mana's Sloppy Seconds

I can't wait, lol

Taruranto

Man, the animation in the last episode of Durarara was bad. There were a couple of scenes with the characters walking showing only bust that were pretty LOL.

Just T

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 31

Surprised Mariah made it through that, thought she was about to explode on some Akira shit.

phaze

It took me
way too long to realise this was fake. Until the last rally lol Fucking hilarious.

---
Osomatsu had pretty hefty drops in its sales huh ? Expected and still sells bucketloads but it went from +100,000 for vol 1 to ~80,000 for vol 2 to ~55,000 for vol 3.

Erased sold 2,644 BDs , Konosuba so far comfortably in the lead of Winter shows with 9,100 BDs and DVDs

Osomatsu had pretty hefty drops in its sales huh ? Expected and still sells bucketloads but it went from +100,000 for vol 1 to ~80,000 for vol 2 to ~55,000 for vol 3.

Erased sold 2,644 BDs , Konosuba so far comfortably in the lead of Winter shows with 9,100 BDs and DVDs

That Osomatsu drop is pretty standard in massively popular series.

Erased did pretty good for a manga adaptation and the manga got a massive boost in sales, same for KonoSuba.

I still would have had different vas for some of the characters, juicymatsus I just cant get, :( still second/third best matsu.

Only anime id buy if I were in jpn for event tickets is utapri, i really want to see utapri live please.

Just want to say here, I know Kantai Collection is one of the most awful anime to grace both sides of the Pacific,

but gotdang the soundtrack is probably one of the GOATs.

I can't find a link to straight up rips from the soundtrack itself, so here's a piano medley cover.

When you listen to the actual thing itself, it perfectly fits the WWII theme. You could transplant many of the tracks into something like Band of Brothers, or plenty of other WWII movies and it would fit so well. It just gets so epic at points, in a way that you can completely visualize battleships firing on each other. It's SO good.

It's my jam when I'm barreling down the freeway.
along with idol music

It means Bish knows who we are personally (vetted by Bish) and has verified we have access to and can share information (sales or otherwise of varied degree<could be insider info>) Our lives are in his hands....

Whoa, who are you?

phaze

That Osomatsu drop is pretty standard in massively popular series.

Erased did pretty good for a manga adaptation and the manga got a massive boost in sales, same for KonoSuba.

Any idea if Dimension W got any boost ? Can't find any date, outside of the latest manga volume that still seems to have sold only a pittance.

Gintama 259-260

It's neat to actually get some more concrete information on Gintoki's backstory; wasn't expecting that. Episode 259 was unusually well directed and 260 had some quality animation in the climatic action.

Sölf

Phantom World Ep 13

Good ending but after watching the first 12 episodes I watched When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace straight away, this did not do PW any favours. The animation is superb and has been all season long but to echo what everyone else has said the plot needed to show up sooner. That synopsis of Vol 2 & 3 of the LN though? That would be worth seeing.

In short good but I really want more When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace instead.

The best thing with Inou Battle is the fact, that the main plot happens somewhere and our cast has no idea about it. xD

pbayne

Sölf;199677866 said:
The best thing with Inou Battle is the fact, that the main plot happens somewhere and our cast has no idea about it. xD

The foreshadowing of that twist is actually amazing. Remember Kiryuu takes a phone call in an early episode, rambles some bullshit and everyone thinks he's just insane.

Fast-forward and turns out to be actual plot events.

Just T

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 32

This second half has been so bizarre lol and Iggy really just doesn't care.

Been skipping the OP but this ED is still so nice.

kewlmyc

Osomatsu Vol 1 had an exclusive "not aired on TV" episode on it since they can no longer show the original first episode legally anymore.

Mailbox

:(
I really wanna binge all the anime I didn't watch this season but Finals are in 2 weeks and I also wanna watch stuff in my backlog and stuff airing in spring.

Bleh.

Just T

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 33

Thought Jotaro was about to be in trouble but nah ora'd right up out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom