• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't like NGNL because it is another example of the 'Perfect MC' trope I that I hate.
I think my issue is that Blank were amazing to a degree where they pretty much always had a strategy that won from the very start, and that it made no sense how they even ended up as shuttins and not world renowned geniuses

Puruzi

Banned
the show was entertaining because they never lose

show has all these magical assholes who think they hot shit, but two humans come in from another world and destroy them

it's great

can't wait until they
beat god

JulianImp

I think my issue is that Blank were amazing to a degree where they pretty much always had a strategy that won from the very start, and that it made no sense how they even ended up as shuttins and not world renowned geniuses

Yeah, it always kind of felt like JoJo's Joseph in terms of how both sides would one-up each other until the MC would win it all in the end, only Joseph's gambits felt more like Indy ploys while Blank's were often "all according to keikaku" in nature.

Exalted

Phantom World Episode 10

An episode about Ruru, that had a witch in it. Witches make everything better.
PPu3gW8.jpg

DL2Y07v.jpg

TULvgr0.jpg

/XX/

I don't think there isn't a form of encryption for HTML5 to a satisfactory degree yet (not that it really matters since for example people just steal Crunchyroll subs and Funimation videos anyway) but since you can just right click-> save as for most HTML5 stuff... yeah.
Not sure what kind of "satisfactory degree" some video-content streaming platforms are expecting by now, but if they are that interested in keeping DRM wrappers as is then Encrypted Media Extensions for HTML5 video have been in use for years now, a method compatible with the latest releases of the most popular Internet browsers.

There is no excuse at this point!

Just T

Gintama: 313

Wow, what a tragic backstory.

Myriad Colors Phantom World: 10

For an episode focusing on one of the most annoying characters, this wasn’t bad. Some more neat designs too, the only issue would be the melodramatics near the end and the Ruru face in the sky, gtfo. The episode ended on a nice note though so cool.

KonoSuba: 9

Don’t even know what to say about this shit lol. The animation was looking like ass too, double entendre.

Majin Bone 43

I really like how the power ups in this show are closely tied to character growth (as the "Everything changes" theme of this episode made clear). It makes them feel more meaningful than power ups in battle shounen series that are just thrown in out of an obligatory need for escalation. (Over 9000 and the like.)

Cornbread78

Konosuba ep.9:
NbCTB3q.gif

This is about all I can gif from the episode....
Very lewd episode, but Wow, that was hilarious.... This show is just too good at just being a dumb comedy. Even the beginning while he was looking down on Aqua for being stupid, lol.... I guess we all know Megumin will be the ship here, lol..

pbayne

Skip Beat 3-4

sxae9jC.png

This guy. The president is a stallion of a man. He wears a crown, cape and has sword fights in his office because who's man enough to stop him?

Looks like a slow burn for romance if Ren is the main guy. But im really enjoying Kyoko's development so far. The auditions were hilarious.

Konosuba ep.9:
NbCTB3q.gif

This is about all I can gif from the episode....
Very lewd episode, but Wow, that was hilarious.... This show is just too good at just being a dumb comedy. Even the beginning while he was looking down on Aqua for being stupid, lol.... I guess we all know Megumin will be the ship here, lol..

Already ignoring the Eris subplot? Shippers...

Isn't Konosuba only 10 episodes? Is the next one the last episode?

Next episode is the big final against the Destroyer. Loved how they were hinting that battle since the middle of the show.

kewlmyc

It's unfortunate that it is completely un-giffable, lol.

Yeah, he reiterated that again in the bath scene, however, that's not exactly what showed up at the mansion, lol...

Succubus can change form in dreams so the real appearance of them doesn't really affect anything.

zulux21

Skip Beat 3-4

sxae9jC.png

This guy. The president is a stallion of a man. He wears a crown, cape and has sword fights in his office because who's man enough to stop him?

Looks like a slow burn for romance if Ren is the main guy. But im really enjoying Kyoko's development so far. The auditions were hilarious.

while skip beat is technically a romance, it's far more focused on character development and comedy. Romance will pop up from time to time, but the vast majority of the major romance stuff takes place after the anime.

Jojo 14-15
it's weird that the first pillar man had to learn and these ones are already perfect at knowing what is going on, but whatever, they are great little villains so far. It's still nice to see the show go from so black and white to a lot more gray with the monsters having pride and them even basically mocking the original jojo by making fun of lines that the original jojo would have said.
anyways I guess it's training time :p

Btw are there anyone still watching Divine Gate? wanna know did recent episode become good or something.

Because just checked out recent pre-order ranking, the prediction sales went from 2.5k at late February to 5.5k yesterday, may even surpass Konosuba at next week to become 2nd top seller of this season, the hell is going on lol.

Puruzi

Banned
Hadn't watched Konosuba after episode 6, just catching episode 7

What kind of asshole makes a quest where you kill those adorable snow balls

i'm mad

pbayne

while skip beat is technically a romance, it's far more focused on character development and comedy. Romance will pop up from time to time, but the vast majority of the major romance stuff takes place after the anime.

Yeah I just noticed the other day the manga is up to volume 38 or something. Does the anime have a good stopping point?

Still even it remains mostly a comedy ill be happy enough. Perfect show to stick on, get some laughs and unwind at the end of the day.

So Funi's limited release of The Boy and The Beast made a bit over a quarter of a million dollars.

Only Yesterday made around 60,000$.

I'm excited to watch today's KonoSuba lol. Can't say the same about Phantom World. I just wanna get through this one and shelf it. Good thing Euphonium S2 is coming soon to restore my faith in KyoAni.

Cornbread78

Hadn't watched Konosuba after episode 6, just catching episode 7
What kind of asshole makes a quest where you kill those adorable snow balls
i'm mad

Not fair,
Clannad!
PvQjivN.jpg

YUwmrNc.gif

IdIYIB9.gif

Btw are there anyone still watching Divine Gate? wanna know did recent episode become good or something.

Because just checked out recent pre-order ranking, the prediction sales went from 2.5k at late February to 5.5k yesterday, may even surpass Konosuba at next week to become 2nd top seller of this season, the hell is going on lol.

I'm pretty sure DTL is the only one watching it still.

I am still watching but it's not getting better. I am usually the optimist and positive guy but this is rather mediocre. I dont find much to enjoy here and it only seems to get worst every week. I guess the opening is good.

I hate watched Divine Gate for I think 5 episodes, maybe 6.

I dropped it when the entire cast killed each other for no reason.

I mean, children got killed because characters wouldn't talk to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom