• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't believe the inferior Red Haired Tsundere Fire Princess series has a second cour. I'm gonna watch it, but bitch the entire time how much shittier the cast is since they're all way less likable versions of their counterparts.

zulux21

quick skip beat indiegogo update.
Rightstuf has signed up to be the official partner for shipping and fulfillment of the rewards.
she is working with some people to do a big media push soon.
she doesn't have details yet but will address people's worries with flexible funding as well as what will happen when the project fails to meet the goal which it is most likely going to now (I will never say for sure, because one day one of these for sure to fail looking projects is going to reach some rich kid with a huge trust fund who will fund it pretty much alone... SOMEDAY!)

Exalted

I actually liked Asterisk more than Cavalry . It was the better animated series and more consistent, and i liked the colors they used. :p
I even think that Cavalry had the better moments of the two series, and the best scenes, but sadly also the worst ones by far for me. So i personally prefer in this case the average and predictable Asterisk to the rollercoaster experience that was Cavalry.

Quasar

Good Morning Call 1-5 - Caught up on this live action version of a shojo school romantic comedy. I'm surprisingly liking this. I've always struggled a bit liking live action adaptations, but this has been enjoyable, even if its totally cliche ridden shojo. Maybe its because I haven't read the manga or seen any anime before. Or I just like the protagonist.

I see Netflix has a couple of other new titles. Playful Kiss (a Korean version of a manga), and Atelier. Anyone tried those?

Quasar

I can't believe the inferior Red Haired Tsundere Fire Princess series has a second cour. I'm gonna watch it, but bitch the entire time how much shittier the cast is since they're all way less likable versions of their counterparts.

I'll be happy if we get more Claudia. Her appearance always raised it for me.

But yeah, I liked Failed Knight more. But I'm biased in that I already liked the novels.

Still looks fairly promising.

But I thought this would be taking place in Manchuria, not in France. oO

It takes place in various locations. On the official website there's a timeline marked with the times each episode takes place, and it looks like the series will primarily cover between 1939 and 1941.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Asterisk was the better group in Cinderella Girls. New Generation were hacks.

I don't recall any of the groups being called Cavalry though.

Cornbread78

Cavalry should've gotten the season 2

Lol, agreed. It should have been Calvary.... Oh well, let's see how they finish off the series. ... I'm not a big fan of the "evil rival school" plot though..

Alderamin on the Sky coming 2016 summer.
Studio: Madhouse

nBqYZ.gif

Oh of course, I will be watching asterisk season 2 as usual.
Edit: Cavalry should have a season 2 instead. It had better shit.

You guys ready for more magic school, harem, LN anime? I just saw this online and wanted to share the new key visual for upcoming S2.

ZhkY53G.jpg

Needs more head patting....

I blame Shouta for causing me to like this show and look forward to its continuation.

I'm not as immune to LN harem trash as I thought.

Asterisk was better than Cavalry fight me.

Thoraxes

I blame Shouta for causing me to like this show and look forward to its continuation.

I'm not as immune to LN harem trash as I thought.

Asterisk was better than Cavalry fight me.

You aren't wrong.

It also had that awesome Rasmus Faber OST, not to mention that fantastic ED song he did with Maaya.

BluWacky

Why are people making a big deal out of this?

Indeed, I'd be curious to know too (re: Ancient Magus's Bride). Not because of the quality of animation or anything, but I understand that the manga is super popular - what's it about? Why is it good - is it quality of art, story, what? The premise doesn't make it sound particularly interesting, it sounds suspiciously like many of those slightly offputting shoujo stories where girls fall in love with abusive/manipulative men because that hides their TWU WUV etc.

Indeed, I'd be curious to know too (re: Ancient Magus's Bride). Not because of the quality of animation or anything, but I understand that the manga is super popular - what's it about? Why is it good - is it quality of art, story, what? The premise doesn't make it sound particularly interesting, it sounds suspiciously like many of those slightly offputting shoujo stories where girls fall in love with abusive/manipulative men because that hides their TWU WUV etc.

Posted in the Manga OT.

Synopsis: With her mother dead and father long gone, Chise Hatori has spent her childhood being passed unwanted from relative to relative, until she finally makes her unfortunate way to a strange and improbable auction block. Offered as a “sleigh beggy” to the highest bidder, Chise is purchased by the (literally) boneheaded Elias Ainsworth, who promises to take her on as his apprentice. Elias is a mage, and his world is one of dragons and faeries - but before Chise can begin to get accustomed to all that nonsense, Elias drops another bombshell. Apparently Chise isn't just intended to be his apprentice - she will also be his bride.

The plot develops as Chise learns more about the world of magic through Elias. It deals more with English folklore as the manga takes place in England. Elias treats Chise well despite buying her. The characters are likable and they have depth as they hold some secrets. Art is awesome as it depicts the fantasy setting very well. It is more focused on character development, so dont expect a lot of action.

You guys ready for more magic school, harem, LN anime? I just saw this online and wanted to share the new key visual for upcoming S2.

ZhkY53G.jpg

Needs more head patting....

I watch shitty stuff all the time. And I could not stand this show after so long. Good lord talk about LN garbage. Where's Chivalry S2 smh.

Cornbread78

Fuck. I'm salty. Where's my overlord S2 T___T

I watch shitty stuff all the time. And I could not stand this show after so long. Good lord talk about LN garbage. Where's Chivalry S2 smh.

JvYl6Bm.gif

We are all not above trashy LN stuff....

Although Calvary was better, IMO, Asterix was still pretty entertaining and could have been decent if they reduced the Karin and Saya loli's to not showing up on screen constantly at all.......

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
In years to come they'll make a film about me starring Tom Cruise called The Last AnimeGAFer with Taste.

Cornbread78

you know, I was looking for a specific gif this morning of Kazuma protecting his succubi and finally realized the appearance...

v7J1gXP.jpg

Hair: Darkness
Eyes: Megumin
Face: Aqua

It all makes sense now...

In years to come they'll make a film about me starring Tom Cruise called The Last AnimeGAFer with Taste.

Good luck with that. Everyone hates everything here, so everyone has bad taste; your favorite anime sucks too.

Thinking about that. IS THERE a single anime that is universally liked here? Steins; Gate/ Gintama maybe?

kewlmyc

Sölf;198040299 said:
Why is this a thing but Overlord S2 isn't even announced yet? :(

Fuck. I'm salty. Where's my overlord S2 T___T

Because it's more of a split cour than a 2nd season. A lot of anime seem to be doing this recently, which isn't a bad thing if it means we can avoid 2-cour series having mediocre animation in the 2nd half.

Cornbread78

Because it's more of a split cour than a 2nd season. A lot of anime seem to be doing this recently, which isn't a bad thing if it means we can avoid 2-cour series having mediocre animation in the 2nd half.

This was the death of Charlotte and Comet Lucifer.

Imagine if they spread those two shows out to a split cour 24 episode structure, rather than cramming everything into 12/13 episodes...

Lexxism

I'm quite well aware of that. I'm just saying that anime is lucky to have 20+ episodes when Overlord only has 13.

kewlmyc

This was the death of Charlotte and Comet Lucifer.

Imagine if they spread those two shows out to a split cour 24 episode structure, rather than cramming everything into 12/13 episodes...

Oh god, you made me remember Charlotte. Charlotte might have been a coherent and not shitty show with 12 additional episodes (if they kept the same plot points in and didn't add anymore that is).

KonoSuba 09

Dem tiddies tho. Also to note there's nothing stopping him from just rescheduling to have his fun time with the succubus at another date.

Gintama is the closest by far. Some folks in here haven't reached the point it turns great and aren't loving it yet but most who have gotten past that initial hump love it.

At this point I'd just say I dislike a show even if I didn't to destroy consensus.

Edit: Except Gintama, fuck. Nobody would believe me.

Thinking about that. IS THERE a single anime that is universally liked here? Steins; Gate/ Gintama maybe?

Majin Bone.

Only me, Madp, hosanna, and Ascheroth watch it, and we all like it. Does that count?

That being said, I know that nobody here has anything negative to say about Ojamajo Doremi whenever it comes up.

Cornbread78

Oh god, you made me remember Charlotte. Charlotte might have been a coherent and not shitty show with 12 additional episodes (if they kept the same plot points in and didn't add anymore that is).

Charlotte's last couple of episodes were so horrendous, foolish choices all around.

Now, I'm probably the only GAFfer that really liked Charlotte, even though I was extremely frustrated at it's flawed pacing. The show had the content and story to be really, really good, but for some reason they felt the need to keep it at 13 episodes rather than expanding the world and it's characters. The show could have been amazing if they spent those extra episodes extrapolating what happened in the past
when his brother time-traveled
as well as his travels around the world
removing everyone's special powers
A full season of just that could have been amazing.... Add in some periodic contact with Nao to enhance the Nao x Yuu relationship and boom. Greatness.. I can say a lot more, but I'm be fought with fierce resistance because this was Key and is the enemy, so yeah. Maeda dun fu(ked up with Charlotte...

One of my favorite anime characters last year..
ENPXIH7.gif

you know, I was looking for a specific gif this morning of Kazuma protecting his succubi and finally realized the appearance...

v7J1gXP.jpg

Hair: Darkness
Eyes: Megumin
Face: Aqua

It all makes sense now...

Good luck with that. Everyone hates everything here, so everyone has bad taste; your favorite anime sucks too.

I don't think so. It'd be cheating to pick something only a few viewers have seen, but a recent example is Rakugo, everyone on this thread that is watching it is loving it. Stuff that a lot of people have watched such as Hyouka however, most people say is great. But even then it still has a few people that don't like it. Taste is subjective, you will always find someone that doesn't like the same things as you. And that's fine.

Also on your last post, Charlotte was by no means great, but it entertained me still. Tons of ass-pulls on that one aha. Nao was great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom