• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Exodus-17
vafDISu.jpg
Oze8rnz.jpg

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
GATE episode 22
This must be the feeling republicans get when they bring freedom to 3rd world countries

It feels good

duckroll

She and Her Cat Everything Flows - Episode 1

Cat's survival chances by the end of the series: 68%

She and Her Cat Everything Flows - Episode 2

Cat's survival chances by the end of the series: 43%

Hamst3r

I'm hoping by the end of the series they're living in a cardboard box and she's smoking crack, but the cat is still just like, "I don't know what she's thinking but, I think we're thinking of the same thing..."

"I want to die."

"Yeah, I like it outside too."

foxuzamaki

The Perfect Insider episode 1
Crunchyroll has been pushing this super hard and idk why, so I decided to check it out.
first episode is cool I suppose, I like the general atmosphere

House of Five Leaves 2

I don't find Masa as interesting as Ichi does. He's a pretty weak character, and not really in a likable way. I still like the chill hang-out nature of the show otherwise.

I wish the music was better though. Some of the tracks in this episode were dreadful.

Quasar

Its not like crushing death is a element in Shinkai's work.

foxuzamaki

The perfect inside 3
turned suddenly into a murder mystery, it kinda reminds me of another anime, back when there was a gaf anime watch cant remember the name too well but wind was in the title in which the OP can be a red heirring onto who will even be alive but still have a focus on them

Engaged to the Unidentified Ep 1 - 8

Was expecting a romcom series and I got one with a few more interesting additions. The characters interact really well together and its a blast to see their everyday antics. The new girl throws an interesting kink into the routine they have right now and hopefully it doesn't fall flat.

Sölf

Was expecting a romcom series and I got one with a few more interesting additions. The characters interact really well together and its a blast to see their everyday antics. The new girl throws an interesting kink into the routine they have right now and hopefully it doesn't fall flat.

Mikakunin was so good. <3
BENIO-SAMAAAA!!!11

TUSR

Banned
Your Lie In April 1-3

One of my dota buddies is so big on this show I finally decided to watch it.

Dear lordddddd it's beautiful.

This show will be the end of me, I haven't been spoiled on what happens. But damn I know where it's going...

enjoyable show, s2 when :(?

It's AnoHana with added moe.

I liked it :p
I honestly have no idea what that means.

Your Lie in April 1-11

I decided to start watching this on a whim since it was on Netflix, and I'm really loving it so far. I actually feel pretty tense myself whenever they're playing in a competition and really like the characters, but as much as I like Kosei's character arc it's definitely got some pacing issues. Aside from that I think this'll probably end up being the quickest I've watched an entire of season of something in a long time.

I did unfortunately get spoiled on something after watching the first episode because I wanted to look up who the characters voice actors were, and one of the suggested searches on was a spoiler :\. Although by this point I definitely would have been able to see that particular twist coming.

Cornbread78

Your Lie in April 1-11

I decided to start watching this on a whim since it was on Netflix, and I'm really loving it so far.

Just remember, life is all about the journey. It's really a beautiful story; enjoy the ride.

Your Lie In April 1-3

One of my dota buddies is so big on this show I finally decided to watch it.

Dear lordddddd it's beautiful.

This show will be the end of me, I haven't been spoiled on what happens. But damn I know where it's going...
enjoyable show, s2 when :(?

I honestly have no idea what that means.

Yes, it is beautiful. Lots of things happen along the way, but enjoy the ride.

Somewhere out there while working, Psycho ninja is smiling at this.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Stars: Episode 192:

Yes indeed the series is almost at an end and I have been doing these capsule reviews for a good couple of years now I think about it, probably best not to dwell on the time aspect. Anyway, we are still far enough away from the end time where we can get a focus episode about Minkao's pursuit to become a disposable idol and it is actually a cut above the usual fare because the overall events and mood are actually tied into and affect the story in ways that previous season would never dear to tread. That being said this was still pretty average.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Stars: Episode 193:

Now this is more like it as we see The Inner prepare for that most cliched of anime episode premises, the cultural festival, the series decides to finally pay off on the hinting they have been doing surrounding Chibi-Chibi, who by the way is everything that Chibi-Usa wished she could be. At any rate, Sailor Lead Crow's chances are dangling by a thread so that means it is her turn to discover the true identity of everybody and learn that no shit Sailor Moon might be the one with the true star seed. Crow does not fuck around on this either threating Juban High with a Black Hole Bomb as Sailor Moon surrenders and it turns out, yea, she has one of those true star seeds. Things are thrashed by inter-agency fighting and soon the truth is revealed, Chibi-Chibi has been hiding the mysterious Princess Kakyuu.

Jintor

digimon tri 5

matt and tai sitting in a sauna sweating at one another. A+

/edit this world is so fucking emptyyyyyyyyy

//edit JSDF don't know how to use cover smh

Jintor

digimon tri 6

this action direction in particular is absolutely insipid. What is going on here? There's some good shots here and there but nothing ties together into a continuous free-flowing scene. It feels... I don't know. Weightless? Like the tension keeps being drawn in and then just hangs. And it's all undercut by derp faces and animation every couple of cuts. It's still a bit better than the first 4 eps but jesus. Like holy shit Leomon dude what happened to your face. Holy shit. Your eyes aren't even tracking who you're talking to!

Still, they redeemed the Joe drama a little I think. It's very weak because it's a fucking rehash of every time joe does anything, but at least he's self aware about it and it comes off as a good, grown-up version of him fighting himself and his own doubts and fears. Also it's nice to see Mimi actually getting in trouble for her headstrong-ness

Also one thing I noticed: the sky never, ever shifts. It's just sitting there. It makes an already sterile world feel... even worse. Like, you've got all these long drawn-out scenes where the direction's actually kind of okay. But they don't commit! They don't go full on Shinkai!

Oh well. That was a good last scene.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The whole of ERASED existence is going to be explained in a spin-off manga, tie-in products and a f2p smart device game!?!!?/111?!/1/1

Jintor

digimon tri 7

see this whole first scene here is pretty good direction. Scene to scene to scene. Flows completely.

though when you start hallucinating the missing person that's maybe when you're laying it on too thick

okay that email gag was pretty good

okay this whole leomon gag is great

Jintor

digimon tri 8

oh here's where all the budget went

oh good the grand old tradition of
leomon getting #rekt

that last-second meicoomon design
reminds me of the infected design from our war games for the rookie form

---

the direction really borked the emotional payoff for joe and mimi's movie arc.

KonoSuba:

Hmmmm really not feeling this one at all. I like Aqua and the supporting cast but holy hell is the MC a total whiny arsehole and his antics in Ep 9 further reinforce my attitude that if you stepped in him you'd just burn the shoes. The art is utterly inconsistent from seeming pretty good to seeming like characters are wholly different people in the same scene (I felt Ep 9 was particularly bad for this).

Ep 6 and 9 are a good contrast for me as I liked everything with the Dullahan but found little redeemable about Ep 9 and it's fan service focus. The battle was nicely animated vs the fan service that was not, the characters came across well in the fight but honestly if Ep10 was 24 minutes of the MC on fire after Ep 9 I'm not sure I'd object.

I'll finish this one out but I feel that the comedy was done better in Is It OK to Pick Up Girl's In a Dungeon? and the fan service better in most other shows, it's going to have to do a lot to convince me a second season would be worth it.

lol the fuck

Kazuma makes the show.

Dunno just oil/water maybe, he falls just too far on the wrong side of being a sneering lead for me.

Exalted

Yeah i really like all of Kazumas dialogue, and all of his remarks ( yeah i'm Kazuma, when he is called, or yes that's my name). It's so different from what i'm used to.

kewlmyc

Heavy Object 04-08

Ugh, I'm just going to have to come to terms that anything written by Kazuma Kamachi (Magical Index/Heavy Object) is going to break up the storytelling with pointless T&A shots. I'm fine with T&A, but it gets annoying when you randomly insert it into the plot like 4 times an episode. I know his works are catered to 14 year old boy (or I just assume that due to the usual ages of the heroines in his stories), but I promise they won't get bored if you don't insert T&A randomly every 6 minutes or so. His output is good enough that he doesn't need to rely on this crutch, but he does regardless.

At least Qwenthur and Havia are a good duo.

Kazuma is hilarious. One of the best LN MCs ever:

DH3e196.png

This is the face of a man that... yeah no. He's a piece of shit. Still one of the most hilarious characters to watch ahaha. KonoSuba is top 3 of the season material for me, so many hilarious moments.

Cornbread78

Kazuma is the aniti- stereotypical LN MC that is not OP and does not have everyone trying to jump on his D (well, he almost talked Darkness into it, lol) The comedy can be overcooked at times, but there has really only been a couple bouts of over-board fanservice. The interactions (especially with Aqua) are hilarious and really make the show though.

Plus:
ak24VE5.jpg
G3mgGYi.jpg

3Yd10WC.jpg
ol1Kl4s.jpg

PVqbJrv.jpg
1P3zmSQ.jpg

4IihSED.png

While I do loathe Kazuma I certainly prefer him to the bland Kirito's of this world as at least there is something to react to there. I think this why Ep 9 was such a turn off for me, it's mostly Kazuma focused and focused on his worst traits. The last 2-3 minutes when the
suspiciously young looking succubus
actually shows up and Kazuma is interacting with Aqua again were much better.

I'd be fine with Kazuma being this much of an arse if they can achieve something like what Charlotte pulls off by having a selfish MC grow (even if the end of that was something of a mess). So far though the journey is looking like it may grind my teeth to dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom