• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yup, looks like they're going to spend a good chunk of the episode on -that- chapter. Which begs the question.... how will they wrap it all up in a single episode after that? Unless.... tomorrow.... noitaminA conference...

It will be announced in a spinoff manga that the story will conclude in a Crunchyroll news post.

blurr

Dimension W 09

I am honestly baffled at the number of cool plot points in this episode.

1. African prince with incredible intellect, hoping to bring his distraught nation to the top of the world - very interesting perspective of the world in this one, considering it's heavy on political drama.
2. Mabuchi Kyouma with incredible athletic abilities, a member of an elite group of soldiers with his own reasons to be a part of it.
3. Rebellious group of scientists, fearing oppression.
4. Deformed and widower scientist and his kids attempts to stop use of illegal coils (?) making use of high tech gadgets and weaponry while adding a bit of theatricality to their attempts.

Coils and Coil related accidents connect them all but that being said, all those plot points/perspectives were very sketchily presented through out the single episode. It's clear that they could have a lot more exposition than how show portrayed them, it doesn't feel like the result of a single cour constraint although it would help if it was longer.

This is a rather amusing promotional stunt.

The upcoming television anime adaptation of Hirohiko Araki's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable manga will get a new promotional video on March 21. The catch is that the video will have three versions and each version will be shown once on street screens in three separate cities at the same time.

The video will air on the Tokyo Shinjuku Alta Vision screen at Shinjuku Station's east exit, on the Osaka's Namba Tombori Station South&North screen, and at the Super Rise Sendai screen at Sendai Station's east exit. The videos will air only once at noon at the three locations.

For those who can't be in three places at once, the videos will go up on the anime's official website a few days later.

Jarmel

Banned
Another 10 episodes of EXPLOSION incoming. Konosuba season 2 incoming.

CdruY6YUUAE1HTF.jpg

Gintama 314

Nobume reminds me of Akame from Akame ga Kill if she had a character arc. Or a character at all.

I don't think I'm ready for Gintama to have a final boss. I had to go lie down after that twist with the crow dude.

Speaking of crows

Surprising no one Haikyu confirmed for a third season. Coming this Fall. Warning the article does include spoilers for the end of this season.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-16/haikyu-volleyball-tv-anime-gets-season-3-in-fall/.99844

Neat, guess I can put off the manga a bit more

/XX/

Hosoda was kicked out, basically. People at Ghibli put up a lot of resistance to him working there, so eventually he left and Miyazaki took over.
Wasn't it supposedly mostly just Kondo being a dick?
It is worth pointing out that Mr. Hosoda put a great part of the blame onto himself:

Professional: Shigoto no ryûgi - Mamoru Hosoda - Video Dailymotion
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30uyce

On the above linked episode from the documentary series called Professional, that airs on NHK, he expressed as an inconvenient during his time at the studio the "excessive confidence on himself", that in the process made him "not seek any help from Hayao Miyazaki or Isao Takahata" because he "didn't want to just follow their advice". Instead, he apparently closed upon himself trying to demonstrate something to everyone else, until the isolation reached a point when (in April 21, 2002) his producer said he couldn't continue in such a way.

How much of the story is just politeness, respect towards the image of the studio personalities he venerates, or simply self-pity... that I'm not sure myself!

Oh, and talking of Katsuya Kondō; this recently released new CM produced by him is, as always, beautiful:

丸紅新電力 鳥獣戯画「出会い」篇 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqDcb7Q9kSI

Your impression is wrong then. Especially puzzling since my previous post on Eureka was on issues that bothered me a lot in that show.

I understand that Eureka Seven has some low points and that some people don't like it because of them, but I can't help but shake my head whenever I read statements that tell people that stuff like Aldonoah Zero is objectively a better show, which is completely not true.

No mecha show from the 00s deserves to be compared to A-1's attempt at killing Gundam when Sunrise is already doing a fine job of that nowadays.

Prince of Stride Alternative 11

A forgotten childhood promise? When did this become a Key VN? Also, Takeru was pudgy as a kid, wow! I guess that explains his muscle obsession.

Anyway, this was a particularly satisfying race, with pretty slick direction and good editing, some of the best character animation the show has seen, and good resolution of the minor character subplots that have been running through the series. Also, setting it in an amusement park rather than a typical urban setting made for a particularly interesting race environment and allowed for some neat gimmicks. With all the preliminary work out of the way and just the final showdown between Riku and Tomoe left, feels like the next episode should have a satisfactory conclusion.

phaze

I understand that Eureka Seven has some low points and that some people don't like it because of them, but I can't help but shake my head whenever I read statements that tell people that stuff like Aldonoah Zero is objectively a better show, which is completely not true.

No mecha show from the 00s deserves to be compared to A-1's attempt at killing Gundam when Sunrise is already doing a fine job of that nowadays.

I'm glad that at least (and last) you watched it, and thus are able to form your, unfavourable, opinion on it based on your own experience and not forum/twitter hearsay.

Qurupeke

Gintama

It sucks that I already knew the twist, the whole episode was one of the best in Gintama and probably the accumulation of everything until now. The battle was just brutal and one of the greatest so far. Seeing all these characters being nothing but fodder for him was really something new in Gintama.

I think this is the right time for people to catch up on Gintama, because it's on its peak.

pbayne

Kujibiki Unbalance OVA

So this is horrible but it's supposed to be horrible. Kind of a send-up of tropey high school club shows.
It's the in universe anime of Genshiken that the club hold on a pedestal as the greatest thing ever, even though they do nothing but complain about its director and lack of production values. Like its clear that the show is absolute bollocks and the club just revere because 1, they want to sound smart & 2, they like doujins made of it.

So yeah unless you watch Genshiken which gives you the context for the jokes avoid this like the plague.

Cornbread78

It's almost like I'm the only person who didn't watch KonoSuba here.

You guys should get on the bandwagon (and post in the OT because nobody else does and it's lonely and stuff, lol)

But yeah, the show is just crude/dumb humor and does not take itself seriously. Also, the cast (great VA's) is a bunch of a$$holes to each other, but it makes for a lot of fun.

So with the S2 announcement, we celebrate!

L1CYt7s.gif

RedSwirl

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Anime or book?

Shortly before LOGH got licensed I acquired access to season 1, but haven't watched it yet. Now I find volume 1 is out officially in English. That roughly corresponds to the same content as season 1 right? Or is ti different?

Which is preferable?

Myriad Colors Phantom World Episode 11 – Tiny Haruhiko-kun
Cdr9tRbXEAIFJt0.jpg

Awesome episode, tiny haruhiko kun was pretty cute character and the whole story and backstory for him got me teary eyed especially when Mai onee-sama read the essay :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Where the fuck is my Ben-To and Devil Part Timer season 2s????????????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom