• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress is going to have song of the season, I cant wait

Ending Theme Listed From Aimer, EGOIST's chellyhttp://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-16/kabaneri-of-the-iron-fortress-ending-theme-listed-from-aimer-egoist-chelly/.99857

JCG

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Anime or book?

Shortly before LOGH got licensed I acquired access to season 1, but haven't watched it yet. Now I find volume 1 is out officially in English. That roughly corresponds to the same content as season 1 right? Or is ti different?

As far as we know, the novels are indeed supposed to cover roughly the same content as the anime. I am not sure about exactly how much content was included in the first novel yet. I don't think most of us have extensive experience with the books here, outside of the recently released first volume, so it would be difficult to make a detailed comparison between both versions.

Shin Great Mazinger when.

Never, because you must pay for your sins.
And so should I.

Cornbread78

+1

Is another season even likely?
also sensei is best character

Unfortunately not, if they adapt the LN's to the end, it would either be done through a movie of a few OVA's. To date, we have no idea what route they are taking, so just left us with a huge "Fu(k You" cliffhanger like a bunch of a$$holes...

#bitter

Dammit:
6NSgOnk.gif

Jarmel

Banned
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress is going to have song of the season, I cant wait

Ending Theme Listed From Aimer, EGOIST's chellyhttp://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-16/kabaneri-of-the-iron-fortress-ending-theme-listed-from-aimer-egoist-chelly/.99857

Aimer stuck in the bad anime hell.

Still hyped though for her stuff, hopefully we get an insert song by her but Chelly might have that on lock too.

Sölf

Gintama 314
Shiet.
SHIIIEEEET!
For some reason, I absolutely did not suspect that dude to actually be Shoyo. I just though about it in the early parts of this episode before the reveal, but holy shit.
And after stuff like this the anime will end in 2 weeks or something. Why are you doing this to me?! D:

sonicmj1

This reminds me of sonicmj's Blood-C movie impressions. "Wasn't all that hot but I watched an anime movie in Japanese in Japan without subs so it was kinda rad." Lol.
:(
Blood-C: The Last Dark is better if you can only barely understand the dialogue. I don't think that should be a controversial stance.

T-Rex.

Banned
Unfortunately not, if they adapt the LN's to the end, it would either be done through a movie of a few OVA's. To date, we have no idea what route they are taking, so just left us with a huge "Fu(k You" cliffhanger like a bunch of a$$holes...

#bitter

Dammit:
6NSgOnk.gif
Well, that sucks. The more Haichaman the better.

Ascheroth

Gintama - 314

I actually wanted to watch Konosuba and post both their impressions at once, ...but I couldn't because HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

I knew the twist, but HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
This episode was brutal and beautiful and amazing and jaw-dropping and devastating and sad and cruel and brutal and HOLY SHIT.

I don't know what to do with all these emotions I'm feeling right now.

#bitter

The BluRays come with a mini-novel with titles that spell out ANOTHER. They're basically snippets of the original LN with a few scenes added and some scenes changed so that things lean more in Yui's favor. That suggests that he'll end up going with Yukino in the main story.

The final BD and Volume R are set to come out in April after some delay

Cornbread78

You played the game??

No, but the fansubbed link is on YouTube, let me see if I can dig it up.

Found it, it's from the VN:

https://youtu.be/ZO0XWqf8fKQ

The BluRays come with a mini-novel with titles that spell out ANOTHER. They're basically snippets of the original LN with a few scenes added and some scenes changed so that things lean more in Yui's favor. That suggests that he'll end up going with Yukino in the main story.
The final BD and Volume R are set to come out in April after some delay

Yuki is definitely going to win, but they need to put a movie together to close out the series. That crappy cliffhanger ending will forever piss me off, lol.

Another 10 episodes of EXPLOSION incoming. Konosuba season 2 incoming.

Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.

Where the fuck is my Ben-To and Devil Part Timer season 2s????????????????????????????????

Also valid questions

And Nozaki kun, D-Frag.

...I'll agree with D-Frag. Adapted real well and better than the source material. Great pacing and comedic timing.

I just want my SNAFU finale!

Learn to live with your despair.

Apparently there is going to be a new Berserk PV shown at AnimeJapan (25-27 March)

Setting my expectations so low I won't even be able to use the "I expected nothing, and I'm still disappointed" image.

Jarmel

Banned
Apparently there is going to be a new Berserk PV shown at AnimeJapan (25-27 March)

Setting my expectations so low I won't even be able to use the "I expected nothing, and I'm still disappointed" image.

We know that doesn't work because you can't really expect nothing.

Well unless they cancel the show.

Cornbread78

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

It should be just fine and dandy. At this point, I would take anything berserk over nothing berserk. Maybe the anime will somehow inspire Platinum to make a berserk game?

Just T

Shirayuki-hime: 22

This was a fun episode. Good idea to use Kiki and I liked the quick flashback too. Nice to see Izana on board too.

Gintama: 314

Crazy episode, Utsuro is a beast, he made quick work of them except Gintoki, those were some nice scenes. Next ep looks sad.

It should be just fine and dandy. At this point, I would take anything berserk over nothing berserk. Maybe the anime will somehow inspire Platinum to make a berserk game?

It has been almost 20 years since the Berserk anime and all we've gotten since are mediocre and ugly movies. I think I'd rather have nothing then something that will soil the well on the last chance it'll ever get. This is like the ultimate monkey's paw for me - You get a full adaptation (maybe) of Berserk!

But it looks like the Dreamcast game.

Jarmel

Banned
It has been almost 20 years since the Berserk anime and all we've gotten since are mediocre and ugly movies. I think I'd rather have nothing then something that will soil the well on the last chance it'll ever get. This is like the ultimate monkey's paw for me - You get a full adaptation (maybe) of Berserk!

But it looks like the Dreamcast game.

And I'm going to get stuck with Liden doing the finale for FMP after waiting 10 years. The anime industry is bullshit.

We pretty much know the new Berserk anime is gonna look ugly.

The question is how ugly is it going to look? Is it going to be tolerably ugly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom